Have you reached the "Fuck this band" point yet?

If so, when was it? I hate the lack of communication, the lack of releases, the lack of a real management, the lack of musicians who can play their parts, the promises of something soon all the time only to never get it, and the fact that the band seems to hate its fans for wanting new music. I'm getting tired of it, I just want something new from my favorite band. I want to keep supporting Axl, but he is making it so fucking hard by not doing anything. I love CD, I love the new lineups, they're better than the old ones. But I am at a point where I'm beginning to lose faith that Axl cares about us. He never does interviews so we don't know his thoughts, but what are yours?

I reached it maybe around late 2012. Since then I just have not taken anything anyone in or around the band says seriously at all, I doubt we will get a new album in the next 3 years if at all and I have pretty much signed them off as a band dedicated to covering all old material at this point.

I am still interested in GNR as a whole and I do hope that at least something happens, but I have little faith in anything except for redundant touring happening. Which is a shame

Edited by WhazUp

For some reason Dizzy's nightrain chat made me lose all interest. Now I'm just checking the forums out of habit.

Same. I lost interest after 2006. Chinese sort of peaked me just to see if they'd start getting back on normal track, like normal touring and albums every few years. But the album released, no fanfare, the band disappeared, and the album was ok. I had already lost interest, but that sealed it.

Edited by classicguns4life

I still have hope, but I guess I'm just naive. I mean, they can't possibly go 6 years without new music, can they? And we've heard about numerous attempts to release the follow-up to Chinese, so...

• Like 1

If so, when was it? I hate the lack of communication, the lack of releases, the lack of a real management, the lack of musicians who can play their parts, the promises of something soon all the time only to never get it, and the fact that the band seems to hate its fans for wanting new music. I'm getting tired of it, I just want something new from my favorite band. I want to keep supporting Axl, but he is making it so fucking hard by not doing anything. I love CD, I love the new lineups, they're better than the old ones. But I am at a point where I'm beginning to lose faith that Axl cares about us. He never does interviews so we don't know his thoughts, but what are yours?

:rolleyes:

(Bare with me, this is related to the topic, I promise, and wfa don't take this personally, I see what you're saying)

CD is not Guns N' Roses, its just not. The name on the jewel case might say Guns N' Roses, but that's really only because Axl has the rights to the name. Guns N' Roses was a blues based, punk inspired, hard rock band. CD is not that, it's not bad, but it's not GNR. Axl's band maintain horrible PR, antagonizes the fans, and operates on a level of secrecy that intelligence analysts would be envious of. The last time Axl could really sing consistently was 2006, the band is unstable (members come and go quicker than albums are released), and there are supposed hordes of music sitting locked in a vault in some studio/Axl's house. It's a bleak picture, but it's reality.

I never lost faith in GNR because GNR ended a long time ago. I will say I started losing faith in Axl's band around 2005, then that tour in 2006 reinvigorated me, followed by CD's release. I thought CD was okay, and from there on out I started to lose interest/"faith." Now the band is a joke with guitar players complaining about not being able to play parts, management making statements that they're going to make statements, and just witnessing the thousands+ pages of discussion on this board all discussing pure speculation, guesswork, estimations, and conspiracy theories. Axl can do whatever he wants with his band, if he releases new music great, if he doesn't: cool, I don't really care. But this whole pretend game that Axl's band is somehow Guns N' Roses is really ridiculous. And don't try to argue that Deep Purple or Van Halen went through member changes but were still considered the same band; the difference is, they didn't completely change musical directions. And generally they had more than 1 original member... and they didn't dissolve their partnerships... the list goes on.

I sort of feel sorry for those who are eagerly awaiting new music from Axl, I can't believe so many people put up with it to be honest. You pay what? $80-$120 to go see them in concert, then you pay it again and again every time they're in the area, but no new music is released (even though it's talked about by band members), seems like a pretty big "FU" to me. I get that Axl has issues, but plenty of other artists have as well and they progressed with their art just fine.

Someone should get this guy a fucking medal.

• Like 1

4 years ago? Like has been said, pretty much here out of habit. Can not tell you the last time I clicked on the "News and Discussion" forum, and wouldn't really care much at all if another album did come out. I'd listen to it, but at this point I think it's far more fun to watch the band and laugh. How many years has it been since CD was begrudgingly released? And we still have no one confirming there is another one coming? Another Vegas residency? Wasn't there supposed to be a live album or something? The whole damn thing is just laughable.

I really liked GNR as a naive teenager, and naturally followed the current incarnation, but it really did not take long at all to realize how pathetic it was. CD isn't that bad, but I'm not going to go out of my way to listen to it again.

Not fuck this band point, but I am at a point where I don't really care what they are up to since they do the same sets and aren't putting anything new out. They've been touring basically the same set for 13 years with a few songs added once in a while.

Like Barcadi said, shortly after Rio. I still had some hope and cared a bit with the 2009/2010 tours, but with the endless touring, Axl's steadily declining vocals, and the unwillingness to release or even write new music as a band...I'm done with 'em unless they actually drop new stuff. I only come to the forum because I've been doing it since 2005 and there's interesting people here.

I wouldn't say "fuck this band" is exactly how I would describe it, but I certainly have lost most interest I had years ago. I still check up on the forums for the sake of keeping up to date on leaks, DVD releases and news of tours, but this is mainly out of habit. I'm never surprised when nothing much happens and not at all disappointed. For me, it's run its course and I've come to accept that Chinese Democracy has come out, it's unlikely another album will come out, they did have some great years of touring from 06-11 but will likely never be that good again and Axl is simply past his prime and if a reunion were to happen, it would have already by now.

It's a bit sad, looking back all some of the wasted years, wasted music, wasted tours but it wasn't a bad run. It was interesting to see GNR in all it's forms, from 01 onward and finally getting to see them live in 2006 when Axl was excellent was a great time. GNR has always been and always will be my favorite band. They're now in the RRHOF, I saw Axl perform live, I saw Slash perform live so I got to hear all of my favorite songs from past, present and future and made some memories that will last a whole lifetime in doing so.

So all things considered, I wouldn't say "fuck it". It's more of a "finished with it" type thing.

A8R

No, can't say that I would have reached a fuck this band point. And I don't think I ever will. Guess I just don't care enough to begin with. I mean it's my favorite band and all, but they don't evoke that much feelings in me that I'd go fuck this band. There's more important thing's in life. If the band disappoints me I'm more like "that's a shame"

Its been a "Fuck This" from me...

1. When a housekeeper with no business experience became the boss of Axl Rose and by default, GNR.

2. When the son of said housekeeper with no business experience ejected Tom Zutaut from a GNR party.

3. When Jarmo was allowed to publically slap GNR band member BBF on the nose for having the balls to call out "management" for booking the band into a wedding gig when they were all exhaused and wanted to go home.

4. When the EMO manchild showed up and started including GNR albums as part of his own body of work.

5. When Axl huffed and winced his way through the Rio gig and behaved more like a spoilt 7 year old than the leader of anything.

I have nothing against the lads in the band, God love them in fact.

"Fuck this" is reserved for W. Axl Rose, a man I once believed had enough balls, charisma, passion and energy to deliver a career worthy of his talent and God given good luck. Instead he lay down and allowed his demons of laziness, childishness and his now unberarably dull and overplayed paranoia, self pity and inability to accept true blame for what has become his half arsed, end-of-the strip Vegas cover-band career.

You were supposed to be up there with Bono, Bon Jovi, Hetfield etc Axl you dumb fuck, not down there with Britney Fucking Spears.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 3

Anyone who claims to have a "fuck this band" attitude while actively checking their forums would change their tune if a confirmed release date for a new album came out.

You were supposed to be up there with Bono, Bon Jovi, Hetfield etc Axl you dumb fuck, not down there with Britney Fucking Spears Elton John, Motley Crue, Garth Brooks, Bette Midler, Deadmau5, Def Leppard, Frank Sinatra, Rod Stewart, Prince and Elvis Presley.

Fixed.

• Like 1

I always had a "fuck this band" feeling ever since the classic members left the scene.

Most of us visit the forum or follow the GNR news (if any) to satisfy our evil streak. I love reading hilarious comments and reactions that this band gets. This band is a joke. The sound doesnt match the classic live sound. The members have no spark or get-up-and-notice streak in them.

Axl has just given up. Management never had any intentions to 'manage' other than treating it worser than your kids papier mache project.

Even the sleaze/glam 80s bands that have now ended up doing cruises and occasional weekend bar shows get more love than this band. John Corabi may not even have half the money or talent Axl has but he probably gets more respect than Axl at this point.

Axl was always a self-proclaimed 'honest' & 'blunt' guy. Keeping his opinions/news/coming events on the down low is not the best idea. Its funny that in 2000s kids sitting in Antarctica use youtube/facebook/twitter to promote and gain popularity without spending a dime... meanwhile Axl and co. sits for years while doing occasional facepalm shows, sending out juvenile nonsensical tweets about past classic songs and if 'pushed' to the extreme give out statements that a statement will soon be out!!!

I just love busting balls of this band. I might occasionally watch a nuGNR live video and say "oh ok, that was alright" but that isnt something thats makes me feel alive!

Slash & Lemmy & a lotta guys who are true road dogs have always maintained that you need to keep working and giving out new product.