Have you reached the "Fuck this band" point yet?

I give lot of credit for Axl for taking the GnR name for himself BUT if you have that name then do it some justice...release stuff, promote, give information to fans, release music videos perhaps etc..

Positive thing is that they tour and have done it more than the previous lineups...I'm forever gratefull for seeing them 2 times in my country (Finland) and those gigs were pretty good but I'm not satisfied with the current situation as aren't many of you here..We all want new music from them and I think the world is ready for new music..I want to see will it be different from CD stuff which I hated..

Edited by gunnari

Dj Ashba is a Guns N' Roses member. To think this bothers some "fans" to the point of trolling a fan forum is laughable.

Yes, openly disagreeing with something that happens in Guns n' Roses is laughable. How dare they not blindly follow his Roseness and praise his miracles.

• Like 1

Even with everyone complaining about the band one thing or another, Axl Rose and a select few, still have that something that other rock singers don't.

Every year I go to the download festival and a various concerts through the year and I see a whole bunch of bands and I can't help but think "yeah he's good, but he isn't on a level with Axl and Steven Tyler". I mean, if a band sucks ass, I'm not going to constantly post on there message board...Even if they used to be good. People here do, even when the don't even like Axl.... What is that all about? :lol: Oh, you used to like him? Yet you still post here?...Do you constantly talk to your ex-girlfriends because you used to like them? Regardless of what you think of him, you are still talking about him on a daily basis.

The only person who comes close as a front man that I've seen in recent years is Corey Taylor, he captures the crowd. However, his music is shit, and you can see he almost mimics Axl in some of his stage moves. However, to his fans he's very engaging.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 2

I think when I really said, 'fuck that band', when I really saw it was over, was when they began playing Vegas. Before then, I still - just - hung on for some hope of new material but suddenly the band were everything I despise when they began doing Vegas residencies.

• Like 1

Don't forget that Vegas is not even their lowest. These guys played in a bowling alley and a fucking WEDDING. And Ron didn't even want to do eet! He was forced to play in a wedding or he would get fired. The only thing that stops Axl for playing Ribfest is beucase the guy who stol 15 years of his life is a headliner over there.

I don't give them shit for Brooklyn Bowl. It's Brooklyn so it's hipsterish, and it is a legit music venue despite also being a bowling alley. Was it a cynical cash grab on the eve of the festival? Most likely. But the venue isn't embarrassing, imo. It's just the name that makes it sound ridiculous, like Ribfest.

Vegas and a wedding? Fuck that.

Hahaha.

I have said it before... I don't say it now. Bridgeschool And Rio were the two lowest points to me and those naked lady shirts didn't help hiding his gut.

I respected Axl the live performer in 06 07 09 and 2010. And in 2008 there was actually a new product. But 2011 12 and 13 showed he didn't care about his performance as much. I follow the guys because I've always been an Axl fan.

But if we expect him to change and become the hungry musician and performer he used to be we will only be disappointed. He has all the money he needs and a karaoke machine behind him for when he needs some cash. To expect anything more would just be foolish. you!!! Me!!!!

Don't forget that Vegas is not even their lowest. These guys played in a bowling alley and a fucking WEDDING. And Ron didn't even want to do eet! He was forced to play in a wedding or he would get fired. The only thing that stops Axl for playing Ribfest is beucase the guy who stol 15 years of his life is a headliner over there.

I don't give them shit for Brooklyn Bowl. It's Brooklyn so it's hipsterish, and it is a legit music venue despite also being a bowling alley. Was it a cynical cash grab on the eve of the festival? Most likely. But the venue isn't embarrassing, imo. It's just the name that makes it sound ridiculous, like Ribfest.

Vegas and a wedding? Fuck that.

Yeah, I'd say the first Vegas residency was a lower point than the wedding and the Brooklyn Bowl show. The former they got paid a million for, the latter's the kind of thing all the cool hipster bands do these days. I'd say Toronto 2013 was a much lower point than Brooklyn Bowl, not even selling out the Sound Academy...

Bridge School, the guy was definitely sick. I mean, you could get someone off the street to sing better than that. I'm not saying he prepared or anything, but even without preparing we know he could have turned in a better performance. I think he just decided to soldier on because it was a charity gig, so hats off to him for that. Rio 2011, though, just seems to be a case of not preparing.

The Vegas Residency... the crowds just seemed so dead and I found the flying piano and dancers really tacky. Got nothing against hot chicks, but the chicks back in the day weren't professionals who were paid to be there, and most of the time they were being banged by various band members, so it was sleazy but with sleazy cred :P The dancers getting paid to grind against old Axl is just sad :( Getting Izzy for a couple of gigs was cool, though, and it was good to see Axl at least attempt TWAT a few times (and bring Catcher in the setlist on a regular basis).

That's why I decided to go for the Buenos Aires gig instead. If Axl isn't that great, the crowd most likely will still be amazing, and I'll get to check out a really cool city for my birthday as well. A couple of years back the gig would have probably been the thing I'd be most hyped about, and I'd have picked the Vegas residency just to see more shows, but now I just see it as potential bonus for a nice holiday. If I get to hear a couple of new songs and his voice is decent, great. If it's like Abu Dhabi 2013... Well, I'll be a bit disappointed but hopefully the crowd will make up for it. Serbia 2012, Axl wasn't that great, but it was one of the best crowds I've seen, was a dream come true for me too after attending EXIT the previous year. Was sad to see crowd was about 60% the size of EXIT 2011 (130,000 vs 210,000), tho, and it shot back up to 220,000 in 2013. Buenos Aires, they're playing a smaller gig than in 2011, which was a smaller venue than in 2010. And compare that with the River Plate shows of '93...

Still have hope, though.

Never.

I will always support GNR and listen to their music and see them on tour as long as they tour and as long as I can do it.

I have many favorite bands that have broken up over the years and haven't seen them make new music or tour for many years, but it doesn't make me hate their music or them.

I appreciate the fact that they existed and gave us amazing songs that will live on forever.

I was watching a show last night on CNN about the British invasion of the 60's with the beatles, Stones and other bands of the 60's. I was a kid, but I remembered all the amazing music back then and have wonderful memories from so many songs back then. Most of those bands no longer are around or members are dead, but it brought back such good memories for me listening to those songs again and seeing those bands back in their great days.

Honestly, even after Rio '11, I was on board all the way through the UCAP tour. I really felt Axl was capping things off with a nice, diverse, run of the States before closing out the long, rough, Chinese Democracy chapter.

Then...when the touring persisted on and off for another year and half, and is about to resume again, still with no sign of the next album after promises about how it "Wouldn't take as long this time" blah, blah, blah".....Fuck this band.

If so, when was it? I hate the lack of communication, the lack of releases, the lack of a real management, the lack of musicians who can play their parts, the promises of something soon all the time only to never get it, and the fact that the band seems to hate its fans for wanting new music. I'm getting tired of it, I just want something new from my favorite band. I want to keep supporting Axl, but he is making it so fucking hard by not doing anything. I love CD, I love the new lineups, they're better than the old ones. But I am at a point where I'm beginning to lose faith that Axl cares about us. He never does interviews so we don't know his thoughts, but what are yours?

around 2011

, they're better than the old ones

On what aspect? covering other people's material?

if so, maybe you're right, they're doing a good job, but better than the old ones?

This is the most common laughable opinion from Axl fans

Edited by Crash Diet

If so, when was it? I hate the lack of communication, the lack of releases, the lack of a real management, the lack of musicians who can play their parts, the promises of something soon all the time only to never get it, and the fact that the band seems to hate its fans for wanting new music. I'm getting tired of it, I just want something new from my favorite band. I want to keep supporting Axl, but he is making it so fucking hard by not doing anything. I love CD, I love the new lineups, they're better than the old ones. But I am at a point where I'm beginning to lose faith that Axl cares about us. He never does interviews so we don't know his thoughts, but what are yours?

around 2011

, they're better than the old ones

On what aspect? covering other people's material?

if so, maybe you're right, they're doing a good job, but better than the old ones?

This is the most common laughable opinion from Axl fans

remember:

ASHBA IS BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE.

I'll keep this short and sweet.....they are Guns N' Roses whether you like it or not.

Led Zep, Beatles, Deep Purple, Depeche Mode, Pink Floyd, Radiohead to name a few all changed their sound drastically and some if not all were more popular after.

Zepp maintained the same 4 members (and still sounded like Zepp), The Beatles maintained the same 4 members (and still sounded like The Beatles); Ian Gillian, Ian Paice, and Roger Glover have essentially been consistently in Deep Purple since the band started, AND Deep Purple still sounds like Deep Purple, even with Steve Morse and Don Airey, it's still hard rock/rock n' roll music. I am no expert on Pink Floyd, Depeche Mode, or Radiohead so I cannot comment on those. But when you turn on CD, you really can't in all good conscience say it sounds anything like Guns N' Roses. In Through The Out Door still sounds like Led Zeppelin, Abbey Road still sounds like The Beatles, Slaves and Masters still sound like Deep Purple. I have nothing against Axl making music and releasing it, but if you call it GNR, I'm going to say: No, it's not GNR. As for the literal name of the band, these posts (plus my original) address that issue:

That's because Axl could get paid alot more money by the label if he turned in albums as "GNR".

You can argue over semantics until the end of time but you will always remain in a tiny minority of people who ever gave GNR the time of day.

Yes, they are GnR in name only simply because Axl has the legal rights to the brand. But there is a huge difference in being GnR in name only and actually being GnR. Most folks get this...some folks don't.

Axl's GNR reminds me of (pre-2012 for an even better analogy) Palestine, it thinks its a country, it acts like a country, it makes threats like a country, but everyone really knows, its credentials as a State are dubious at best.

I could only reach such a point if they released a record that I was absolutely disgusted by. They haven't.

It may be possible if Ashba were to actually shape the next GNR record, but he won't. As Chinese showed, it's a matter of the other musicians complimenting Axl's songwriting.

• Like 1