Thoughts on the Neurotic Outsiders?

I just checked em out. Took a good bit of searching to find their album, it's not available for legal download. It appears to be out of print. Regardless it's a nice punk rock record. Steve Jones is one of the best not great guitar players there have ever been. What shocked me most is how contemporary punk it sounded. Angelina sounded like it could have been on green day's "dookie" album. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

It's good fun for a listen, but not something you really come back to.

Have to disagree.

This album along with the first Snakepit album filled the void nicely bakc in 1996 when there was no new GN'R album in sight.

I liken the Neurotic Outsiders album to the punk numbers Duff sang on TSI, and the guitar and drums sound very similar production wise.

I had listen to it again recently, and I still think its a solid rock album, start to finish. It has great energy throughout, even on the mellower numbers.

Anyone who hasn't heard it, I strongly recommmend it, it is one of the best side projects to come out of the ex-Gunners.

Here is the lead single that came out before the album

• 2 weeks later...

Its a good record.. I often forget about it, but always enjoy the songs when they pop up on my ipod.. Thanks for posting that video, I don't recall ever seeing it. I also didn't know (or forgot) that Duff played guitar in the band.