If Axl were to do a ratpack type thing...

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah, Axls a bit queer looking to do rat pack thing though, isn't he? Not tryna be rude, it's just the rat pack weren't long haired with jewellery dripping off themselves...nor were they fat and not did they have hick-lookin' facial hair. The only person of the above mentioned qualified to do a rat pack thing is Paul McCartney.

Edited by sugaraylen

The Rat Pack (or the Summit as they desperately tried and failed to be known)'s cool doesn't translate to rock. Just doesn't. Plus the humor and fun of it was based on real long term friendships, a band of brothers. I have a hard time believing Plant or Elton feel that way about Axl.

Yeah, Axls a bit queer looking to do rat pack thing though, isn't he? Not tryna be rude, it's just the rat pack weren't long haired with jewellery dripping off themselves...nor were they fat and not did they have hick-lookin' facial hair. The only person of the above mentioned qualified to do a rat pack thing is Paul McCartney.

"Hick-looking" :lol:

I think Axl keeps the stach just to cupcake the haters. The more hideous he looks, the longer he takes to release music, the more the fans lose their minds.

Axl's got all you in the palm of his hands. :shrugs:

"Hick-looking" :lol:

I think Axl keeps the stach just to cupcake the haters. The more hideous he looks, the longer he takes to release music, the more the fans lose their minds.

Axl's got all you in the palm of his hands. :shrugs:

The idea that he'd rather have a few dozen annoyed internet commenters in his hands rather than a Grammy, his new album or a 5-star review is a depressing one to contemplate.

You know what I mean though right? It's just a totally different niche.

Yep different time also...would the Ratpack actually work in 2014?
A couple of big artists getting together and having fun? I think someone look at Baz era KOC. Or Camp Freddy for that matter. Maybe not as a touring act, but an EP and a few gigs in Vegas, I don't see why they couldn't pill it off

Guest Len B'stard

You know what I mean though right? It's just a totally different niche.

Yep different time also...would the Ratpack actually work in 2014?

I've seen some noncey looking boy bands do their particular take on the rat pack thing, like a one off retro type thing, thats about it.

I don't think Axl is a rat pack kind of guy.

He probably doesn't have many close friends he trusts, but I bet DJ would be a member. They're both from the same state and I think they have things in common because of it.

Honestly, there will only be one rat pack and for the 60's it was their time. I don't think you can replace or try to copy something that was so unique. Dean, Frank, Sammy, Joey, Peter would be a hard act to follow.