Your reaction if the same setlist on 2014 tour?

The predictability gets boring, yea. When I'm at a show, I love hearing them play the songs, but it's kinda boring when you're like "Yeah yeah, you been dancin', but get to Estranged!". Early 2010 was great, the setlists were done largely on the fly, the encores were like 6-8 songs per show, and there was random shit thrown in at most shows (Nice Boys, Liquor & Whores, Catcher, OTGM, etc). They closed the regular set in Saskatoon with PC even and did Nightrain last!

• Like 2

I don't care because I go to see GNR.

I love every song they play live and they rock for me everytime.

GNR songs are classics and how could you get sick of hearing them?

I still listen to the cds and never tire of the songs and seeing Axl and GNR live is a wonderful experience. To me, I know what songs they will sing and there's no horrible surprises. ha ha

I still listen to the cds and never tire of the songs and seeing Axl and GNR live is a wonderful experience. To me, I know what songs they will sing and there's no horrible surprises. ha ha

I'd take a "horrible surprise" over the standard CD, WTTJ, ISE, Mr B, Estranged, Better, RQ, TIL, etc etc setlist.

How does your favorite band do "horrible surprises" anyway? Unless by that you mean stroking out halfway through Jungle :lol:

I do wonder why Axl didn't feel inhibited to play new stuff in the pre-CD era, nowadays it is almost a rarity when he performs those songs, let alone new stuff; I know he probably feels like he has little to prove with this lineup, but I still say take the risk and try some stuff out!

I'd take a "horrible surprise" over the standard CD, WTTJ, ISE, Mr B, Estranged, Better, RQ, TIL, etc etc setlist.

How does your favorite band do "horrible surprises" anyway? Unless by that you mean stroking out halfway through Jungle :lol:

How can they do horrible surprises?

3 hours of Ashba solos complete with Hogan Ears and My World.

Mi Armor

My World

BOD

My World

TIL solo

My world

SCOM solo

My world

Jungle intro

My World

And so on.

Mi Armor

My World

BOD

My World

TIL solo

My world

SCOM solo

My world

Jungle intro

My World

And so on

Don't diss the Hogan ears brotha...whatcha you gonna to do when Ashbamania plays the TIL solo like on the record?

Mi Armor

My World

BOD

My World

TIL solo

My world

SCOM solo

My world

Jungle intro

My World

And so on

Don't diss the Hogan ears brotha...whatcha you gonna to do when Ashbamania plays the TIL solo like on the record?
I will never say another word against him. My biggest problem with Ashba isn't even his look, he actually does look cool, its the way he plays GNR songs and Robin solos.

Mi Armor

My World

BOD

My World

TIL solo

My world

SCOM solo

My world

Jungle intro

My World

And so on

I will never say another word against him. My biggest problem with Ashba isn't even his look, he actually does look cool, its the way he plays GNR songs and Robin solos.

IMO he plays Slash's shit perfectly..Robin's not so much.

Mi Armor

My World

BOD

My World

TIL solo

My world

SCOM solo

My world

Jungle intro

My World

And so on

Don't diss the Hogan ears brotha...whatcha you gonna to do when Ashbamania plays the TIL solo like on the record?I will never say another word against him. My biggest problem with Ashba isn't even his look, he actually does look cool, its the way he plays GNR songs and Robin solos.IMO he plays Slash's shit perfectly..Robin's not so much.Everybody who has replaced that top hat wearing replacement has posted his stuff perfectly. Robin was more technically skilled, therefore its understandable it may be harder to play

Axl is a fat fuck who sings like Mickey having his balls squeezed by Minnie. He's a lunatic, too, who lives with his mom who is probably his wife, who used to be nanny to his girlfriend, whom he made go to the bathroom in a litter box.

We can do dumb shit if you want to do dumb shit.

Axl is a fat fuck who sings like Mickey having his balls squeezed by Minnie. He's a lunatic, too, who lives with his mom who is probably his wife, who used to be nanny to his girlfriend, whom he made go to the bathroom in a litter box.

Feel better getting this off your chest? :lol:

I don't attend every show so my opinion doesn't much matter. I understand that most people want to hear certain songs. If they went with the same setlist at least they could do is change it up a bit, start the show with you could be mine or something and randomly call out the songs on the list in a different order every night? That does not seem that hard, then again I don't have to perform it.

this is my main concern for this years touring.

it's DISRESPETFUL to play CD.Jungle etc to the GNR fans.

it's so boring and so little is invested by Axl that to pay 200 dollars to see the same show I saw

in 2006(!!),we're in 2014,….no.

if they added just a couple of songs the CD diehards love like TWAT,Prostitute,Shacklers revenge EVERY night so they know they will feel good.

it's not enough for the "new"fans to only hear staples like Better and CD.

for me,a total makeover of the show.

new setlist,new stage,deep cuts we all love like Locomotive,PTU,Move to the city,Breakdown in a "new" version without the ending for example.

I think new songs written and performed by Axl is something we might never see.

he seems void of any inspiration.

I don't think CD2 exists apart from a riff and a drum roll.

Vegas will not happen for me unless there is a major change.

This is now my sig.

The disconnect on thus forum is interesting, psychologically.

99% of the people buying tix for GNR are casual listeners who can't even name anyone in the band except for Axl.

They don't wanna hear ChiDem. They wanna hear the classics.

That's why I think it's hilarious when people here take Ron's threats seriously. No one gives a fuck about him, he's a no-name, a total non-entity who would make $30k annually from his own solo "career," and that's if he's lucky.

This is now my sig.

I'm not sure that's a good look for me. :lol:

Could somebody find and post the video of a younger Axl saying he would hate to become the type of band that just tours their hits and old songs all the time, and that he is the type of guy who always has to push himself creatively as an artist.

It really is laughable how some of you people defend Axl and the band. You are comparing apples to oranges in your non-stop attempts to defend everything he does.

Yes, it's cool Axl is out touring.

Concerts are fun and exciting to go to.

Charging over a 100 bucks to see a tour that isn't evolving and that you've put on before........that isn't being a fan friendly band, that's just lining your pockets.

If we had to choose - GnR keeps doing the same tours - or the band dies and Axl stops touring. Naturally 99% of us would choose the same old tours over and over.

BUT

If you polled everybody who would be willing to spend $100 to go see GnR in 2014 and asked:

Same set-list as the last time they came through your town

or

Adding three completely brand new songs - to go along with playing all the hits/staple songs.

That is the QUESTION here. Not if you want to see Axl tour or if you want him to not tour.