Give it another chance, guys.

Oh, actually I'm sure many people who bash the album have tried to like it several times.

It's just not that good.

I like CD, The Blues and Maddy from RIR3. Great versions, more stripped down, love em, honestly.

Better, TWAT and Catcher have demo versions which are better than the album versions.

If the World, Schacklers, Sorry, Scraped, This I love and Prostitute are subpar material. They suck live, they suck on studio. It's hard to believe Axl wrote them, specially the lyrics. But believe me, I tried to like them, a lot. I didn't wait so many years to give up on CD after 10 listens.

Oh, actually I'm sure many people who bash the album have tried to like it several times.

It's just not that good.

I like CD, The Blues and Maddy from RIR3. Great versions, more stripped down, love em, honestly.

Better, TWAT and Catcher have demo versions which are better than the album versions.

If the World, Schacklers, Sorry, Scraped, This I love and Prostitute are subpar material. They suck live, they suck on studio. It's hard to believe Axl wrote them, specially the lyrics. But believe me, I tried to like them, a lot. I didn't wait so many years to give up on CD after 10 listens.

You are either straight up trolling or just have horrible taste (which is fine if that's what makes you happy). Which is it?

Give Chinese Democracy another chance, guys. I hadn't posted here in quite some time (as often as I used to), 'cause I've been pretty busy, but this album has really grown on me over the past couple of months. No, I wasn't brainwashed nor was I tortured into liking the album by some of the most notorious members of the infamous Axl Rose defense squad, but just like I decided to give the Star Wars prequels another chance, without all the hate and bad feelings, I decided to listen to CD again and now I like it even more than before. Yeah, I had an epiphany: this is a great album.

:shrugs:

ps. I still dislike Ashba though. :awesomeface:

EDIT:

It's only taken me nearly 5 years to fully like it.

I did this a couple of weeks ago - was the only album I listened to during my daily commute into NYC - though nothing's changed - it's a good album yet it bores me -

I like Chinese Democracy. More for the style and layout of the songs, but I don't like Axl's voice on the album. Well I should say it's not my favorite voice of his. I think I'd really like the album if he could record the songs in 1993 or even 2010. It just missed vocally for me.

Edited by IncitingChaos

GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE? THE HELL U ON ABOUT MOST OF US LOVE THE ALBUM I WOULDNT EVEN DREAM OF STARTING MY DAY WITHOUT IT , THIS I KOVE NOT AWSPME? PROSTITUTE DISAPOINTING? YOU PEOPLE ARE CRAZY IT COMES IN JUST UNDER THE POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF TIME AN ALBUM CAN LEGGALY TAKE AND IT HAS BUCKETHEAD ON IT, "GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE?" IS THAT HOW BAD YOU GUYS ARE,, BEST ALBUM IV EVER HEARD

• Like 1

There is no way to declare an album either "good" or "bad". Music isn't some sort of commodity that you can measure scientifically.

Many people don't enjoy the record, I personally do. It's a contender for a my favorite GNR album.

Edited by NGOG