MYGNR united to help rock4eva beat cancer!

Redhead74

Rock4eva, I hope everything goes well for you. It's nice to see the community come together in support of someone going through a rough time.

My mom was diagnosed around 2 years ago. Hers were stage 4 and had spread to her bones because she hadn't been checked for years. She's doing ok and hasn't needed IV chemo yet, but it's tough for her some days. She had radiation in the fall and said it was one of the worst things shes been through, but it really did help shrink the cancer.

Edited by liers

All the best to rock4eva and any other forumers who's lives have been affected by cancer. My partner's father lost his battle in December and it was a truly heartbreaking experience to go through it with the family.

Sending positive vibes and love your way guys, expecially rock4eva and Orsys. :hug:

All the best to rock4eva and any other forumers who's lives have been affected by cancer. My partner's father lost his battle in December and it was a truly heartbreaking experience to go through it with the family.

:( Sorry to hear that HV. It's devastating. Best wishes to your partner and her family. There's no easy way through it, the wounds will still be very raw. Too many losses for you lately.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Kinda scary, i got a family history of it, my Mums sister, brother and mother got it. And she had a breast cancer scare a few months back, apparently she had 'pre-cancerous cells' but it got dealt with anyway.

Best wishes though rock4eva, God bless ya. And Orsys (what is an Orsys anyway, just outta interest? :lol:) too. I'll refrain from using the word 'vibes' cuz i'm not smelly hippie but uh :lol: Best wishes and all that y'know, God bless :)

Enough to put you off your fags eh?

Kinda scary, i got a family history of it, my Mums sister, brother and mother got it. And she had a breast cancer scare a few months back, apparently she had 'pre-cancerous cells' but it got dealt with anyway.

Best wishes though rock4eva, God bless ya. And Orsys (what is an Orsys anyway, just outta interest? :lol:) too. I'll refrain from using the word 'vibes' cuz i'm not smelly hippie but uh :lol: Best wishes and all that y'know, God bless :)

Enough to put you off your fags eh?

I've never smoked so can't attribute it to that, the Oncologist says the stress I've been through is known to be a contribute to cancer. Orsys I hope you're going along ok, if you're having treatment I hope it's not been too rough for you.

So sorry High Voltage you've had to go through that, best wishes to your partner and her family.

Same for you Liers, positive thoughts for your Mum as stage 4 is not a good diagnosis but 2yrs on it sounds like radiation therapy has helped.

Sugaraylen good to hear your Mum was fixed early, my first 2 ops in 2009 were like that but 4yrs later it came back & spread a lot in one year. Chemo should work though, just hope I'm not in hospital for my next operation when gnr start their concerts as there is no wifi in there and I will be upset missing out on the beginning of their tour of Sth America.

• 4 weeks later...

Breast cancer seems to be hitting women earlier and earlier now. I was diagnosed at 23yrs almost 24 yrs old. It was like two months before my birthday. I have a family history of it,one of my mom's half sisters had it. And one if her aunts.

We all went thru the whole chemo,radiation,mastectomies etc. My mom's sister passed several yrs ago,but not from breast cancer,it was leukemia. Her aunt is still living.

So far for me,I have been cancer free for almost 14yrs. My cancer was stage 3, and hadn't spread anywhere,but was getting really close to getting into lymph nodes. I was lucky.

So with all of my blabbering so far lol

I wish you the best of luck. Everyone tolerates these treatments differently. I hope you don't have many troubles with yours.

Edited by SweetRose
  • Like 1

I have been doing a lot of research on my cancer and I am becoming more convinced that stress plays a role. My day to day stress has been too high for some years now and I think this is how my body is reacting. I have also wondered this about a couple of friends prone to breast cancer due to family history. They work at the same place with similar stress and have developed breast cancer. It would not surprise me at all if a link was proven.

• Like 1

Thanks. I think I look incredibly - healthy - in it. I'm hugging my brothers and my new surgical scar on my neck is covered. So I liked it which is rare because I'm quite camera shy.

I have a series of tests of various kinds coming up and then I'm isolated in a room for a few days for this first part.

Edited by Orsys

Guest Len B'stard

I have been doing a lot of research on my cancer and I am becoming more convinced that stress plays a role. My day to day stress has been too high for some years now and I think this is how my body is reacting. I have also wondered this about a couple of friends prone to breast cancer due to family history. They work at the same place with similar stress and have developed breast cancer. It would not surprise me at all if a link was proven.

Research is good but don't start using that shit to reach conclusions that contradict what the doctors say. My girlfriend has an awful habit of doing that and then ignoring doctors orders or just getting scared out of even going to the doctors off of some shit she read online. Info is good but follow doctors orders and that yeah? Sorry, became your Dad there for a bit, do excuse my impertinence :lol:

• Like 1

Research is good but don't start using that shit to reach conclusions that contradict what the doctors say. My girlfriend has an awful habit of doing that and then ignoring doctors orders or just getting scared out of even going to the doctors off of some shit she read online. Info is good but follow doctors orders and that yeah? Sorry, became your Dad there for a bit, do excuse my impertinence :lol:

Nope, I agree with you. I work in a hospital which gives me the opportunity to "chat" about this stuff with a variety of docs. Several agree that stress is one of those things that can elevate the risk in someone already at risk. High stress has to manifest itself somehow. And don't ignore the signs - go to the doctor. Besides, reducing stress can't hurt and could actually help. So it's yoga, and frequent laugh sessions with the ladies who lunch.

Nope, I agree with you. I work in a hospital which gives me the opportunity to "chat" about this stuff with a variety of docs. Several agree that stress is one of those things that can elevate the risk in someone already at risk. High stress has to manifest itself somehow. And don't ignore the signs - go to the doctor. Besides, reducing stress can't hurt and could actually help. So it's yoga, and frequent laugh sessions with the ladies who lunch.

All the very very best for your treatment, unbelievably you might just find chemo the happiest place to spend some time. Totally the opposite to how I imagined it would be, hope it doesn't knock you around too much.

When the Oncologist read what I've been through in the last 15yrs she sat back and said 'no wonder you have cancer' - so stress must be a huge trigger apart from other causes.

It's a lovely photo of you by the way, let us know how you're going. Sending big koala hugs your way. :heart:

All the very very best for your treatment, unbelievably you might just find chemo the happiest place to spend some time. Totally the opposite to how I imagined it would be, hope it doesn't knock you around too much.

When the Oncologist read what I've been through in the last 15yrs she sat back and said 'no wonder you have cancer' - so stress must be a huge trigger apart from other causes.

It's a lovely photo of you by the way, let us know how you're going. Sending big koala hugs your way. :heart:

Thank you. Yes, I believe stress accumulates in the body if there is nothing to balance it out and eventually comes out in some form. So I have learned my lesson.

Thank you. Yes, I believe stress accumulates in the body if there is nothing to balance it out and eventually comes out in some form. So I have learned my lesson.

Stress has more of a physical effect on people than they give it credit for. Healthy mind, healthy body.