Buckethead

Robin

Izzy

Paul

Dj

Tracii

Gilby

Slash

Talentwise.... and Slash is at the bottom, for god sake! you have no idea what you're talking about. Paul tobias is better is he? Gilby is better no bloody way, and DJ is not a more creative or skilled guitarist than slash. You're list is compiled out of hate for Slash that's all, fact is you would kiss his ass if you ever got within sniffing distance of him - you also have no real beef with him, that's someone else's life (unless you're Axl rose) so grow up, you say you like what he did in GnR, well that means he's a talented guitar player and he wrote parts that you love... what has DJ, Traci or Paul done to deserve a higher ranking than one of the most iconic and influential guitarist of all time?

Volcano you have no grip on reality, Slash is the best GnR guitar player because he is (along with Axl rose) GnR.the rest of the list is Izzy as he's also a vital par of what made that band (and you don' have to be a lead guitaist to be a good guitarist), Bumblefoot, Richard, Gilby, Finck and finally it would be Dj. tobias does not make the list as he's not a talented player nor has he had any influence on music in general.

What did Paul do? Well aside from cowriting most of Chinese Democracy, he cowrote Back Off Bitch and played on GNR's best cover, Sympathy For The Devil. He also, according to Axl, helped save Guns N' Roses. Paraphrasing a little bit, but Axl said that without Paul there would be no more Guns N' Roses.

Talent wise...

Bumblefoot

Richard Fortus

Buckethead

Robin

Izzy

Paul

Dj

Tracii

Gilby

Slash

Talentwise.... and Slash is at the bottom, for god sake! you have no idea what you're talking about. Paul tobias is better is he? Gilby is better no bloody way, and DJ is not a more creative or skilled guitarist than slash. You're list is compiled out of hate for Slash that's all, fact is you would kiss his ass if you ever got within sniffing distance of him - you also have no real beef with him, that's someone else's life (unless you're Axl rose) so grow up, you say you like what he did in GnR, well that means he's a talented guitar player and he wrote parts that you love... what has DJ, Traci or Paul done to deserve a higher ranking than one of the most iconic and influential guitarist of all time?

Volcano you have no grip on reality, Slash is the best GnR guitar player because he is (along with Axl rose) GnR.the rest of the list is Izzy as he's also a vital par of what made that band (and you don' have to be a lead guitaist to be a good guitarist), Bumblefoot, Richard, Gilby, Finck and finally it would be Dj. tobias does not make the list as he's not a talented player nor has he had any influence on music in general.

What did Paul do? Well aside from cowriting most of Chinese Democracy, he cowrote Back Off Bitch and played on GNR's best cover, Sympathy For The Devil. He also, according to Axl, helped save Guns N' Roses. Paraphrasing a little bit, but Axl said that without Paul there would be no more Guns N' Roses.Yeah, Back Off Bitch, what an achievement.

GNR's best cover Sympathy For The Devil

Ok, now ban him :P

(Wfuckinga I almost liked your post)

:lol:

I was taking that approach due to the other covers being TSI (lol) And LALD and KOHD. Its strictly personal preference, but I can't stand those two. LALD has never seemed like a real song to me, it was just a "See how long Axl can hold his scream" in the studio and "See how fast Axl and Slash can run across the stage" live. KOHD, studio version I can tolerate it I'm small doses, but imo it is just a boring cover. I actually prefer their version from the 80's. And live, KOHD is just an absolute snoozefest. 12 minutes long, yeah its got some cool guitars, but man is it boring. And it may also add that Sympathy is my favorite Stones song :lol:

Talent wise...

Bumblefoot

Richard Fortus

Buckethead

Robin

Izzy

Paul

Dj

Tracii

Gilby

Slash

What did Paul do? Well aside from cowriting most of Chinese Democracy, he cowrote Back Off Bitch and played on GNR's best cover, Sympathy For The Devil. He also, according to Axl, helped save Guns N' Roses. Paraphrasing a little bit, but Axl said that without Paul there would be no more Guns N' Roses.

He also helped to break up Guns N' Roses (as in the classic GnR Slash and Axl)... think that outweighs a bad cover of a Rolling stones song and a few writing credits on some songs (not even the best songs from CD, may I add). Even if Axl wanted him in the band, he should never have stepped on Slash's toes by recording that extra solo on Sympathy... straw that broke the camels back I know, and they would more than likely have split anyway but his presence did not help.

THEY WROTE THE LEGEND

Slash & Izzy & Gilby

THEY LIVE FROM THE LEGEND

Yes Sirs Army (Bumble, Ashba)

TRIED TO CONTINUE WITH THE LEGEND

Finck & Buckethead & Fortus & Huge

For the youngest here who didnt live the Illusions Era, Im sorry for you, shame you couldnt see the big difference among this new thing and the real Beast of GNR in 91-92-93.

I'm going to interpret best as in best for/in GnR. Buckethead is easily the most skilled player, but in my opinion not the best fit for GnR.

Slash

Izzy

Buckethead

Ron

Richard / Paul

Robin

Gilby

DJ Ashba

Changed your list a little bit, but not too much. ;)

How anyone could put Slash at the bottom of that list is beyond me. Just listen to the songs he contributed too, how could he be last? For example, I like Gilby a lot, but I would never ever put him over Slash, be it guitarskills, songwiriting, ...

It´s difficult because in Guns N´ Roses I would of course prefer the original lineup. Slash and Izzy were perfect for GN´R and what it was back in the days.

But in general, I would prefer Robin Finck and Richard Fortus.

Robin Finck

Paul Tobias/Buckethead

Slash

Richard Fortus

Izzy Stradlin

Bumblefoot

Gilby Clarke/Tracii Guns

If we're talking personal preference, my answer would be very similar.

There's no point in arguing with WFA and Volcano. They are both dissing Slash to attempt to receive party passes I did get a big laugh out of WFA saying he "forgot about Izzy" which I suppose is better than pretending to be him.

I'm not sure how a list of best guitarists for Gn'R wouldn't have Slash or Izzy at the top. I'm basing my list on their contributions to Gn'R.

Slash

Izzy

Buckethead

Robin

Tobias

Ron

Fortus

Gilby

Tracii

Dj Ashba

• Like 1

There's no point in arguing with WFA and Volcano. They are both dissing Slash to attempt to receive party passes I did get a big laugh out of WFA saying he "forgot about Izzy" which I suppose is better than pretending to be him.

I'm not sure how a list of best guitarists for Gn'R wouldn't have Slash or Izzy at the top. I'm basing my list on their contributions to Gn'R.

Slash

Izzy

Buckethead

Robin

Tobias

Ron

Fortus

Gilby

Tracii

Dj Ashba

Agree completely with that list. Spot on, really, as far as genuine talent and memorable guitar work goes.

Bumble

Bucket

Robin

Richard

Paul

Dj

Izzy

Gilby

Slash

Edit: Forgot about Izzy and Gilby

Tell me that this isn't the work of an Axl Rose Nutter.

Yeah, that list is without a doubt the work of a stone cold dope....Or a legitimately deaf person.

This post is the very reason I will continue to use the term, 'Axl nutter'. Sorry but you could not create a more apt term.

PS

I think even Axl himself would have Slash near the top if he was forced to rate the various guitarists he has played with!

Edited by DieselDaisy