Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

If this is him, is anyone else thinking possibly imminent meltdown, possibly imminent tour cancellation? Honestly, that's what came to mind after my first thought was, "No way Axl wrote that." Seriously, unless he was just being drunk or high and using bad judgment, these sound like the ramblings of a mad man. It can't really be him, right?

• Like 1

I love Axl, but this is embarrassing. I cringe at his overly-complex, almost legalize phrasing, "I enjoyed the show and I've no idea what the real story is nor would I want to suggest or imply anyone wasn't actually performing or that what they were playing wasn't what we actually heard." It's like "no x nor y, but not c nor d." I struggle to come up with why this even matters. I do think it's him. It is so like the written rants of the past. I just wish this wasn't the first I've heard from him in ages. And please, no reruns of prior tours with a couple swapped songs.

I don't own Axl and he doesn't owe me anything. But I wish we'd see a progression of new material, experiments, side projects, etc like a Trent Reznor or Dave Grohl or Metallica. I'm frustrated this is big news to GNR fans. I hope he's just getting excited about coming out on tour.

If this is him, is anyone else thinking possibly imminent meltdown, possibly imminent tour cancellation? Honestly, that's what came to mind after my first thought was, "No way Axl wrote that." Seriously, unless he was just being drunk or high and using bad judgment, these sound like the ramblings of a mad man. It can't really be him, right?

LOL, you know that volcano, Ali, Wf*ckina and a couple others will be proclaiming this as the funniest statement from a rock star in the past five years.

• Like 1

I think he was just joking around.

I don't know what the fuck. I'm gonna sit tight and try not to make judgments until we get confirmation one way or the other.

Agreed. Clearly nothing more than a joke. No big deal at all.

Ali

Agreed. Clearly nothing more than a joke. No big deal at all.

Ali

Some people are too uptight for their own good :D

Edited by civilwar1978

Lol people questioning this, what about when he is being sarcastic between songs or making funny high pitches noises or in jokes with the Crew? ?.

I think it's axl because he is aways joking around.

Chilli pepper are the talk of Hollywood right now and they are a band in GNR 'league'... its the equivalent for him posting on a forum, really. Many celebs have commented on the Superbowl.

I just thought it was cool to hear from Axl.

I just want to know who got a hold of Axl and or where they found him! Usually celebrities say something on twitter or whatever, but this seems to come out of nowhere.

If it is Axl I think it's great! The less we understand him the better his performances are!

I'll re read it but I don't think it's him unless he's the Super Bowl performer next year!

I love Axl, but this is embarrassing. I cringe at his overly-complex, almost legalize phrasing, "I enjoyed the show and I've no idea what the real story is nor would I want to suggest or imply anyone wasn't actually performing or that what they were playing wasn't what we actually heard." It's like "no x nor y, but not c nor d." I struggle to come up with why this even matters. I do think it's him. It is so like the written rants of the past. I just wish this wasn't the first I've heard from him in ages.

I think it reads like that to be convincing, but I don't think it was him. Where's the source?

Maybe we'll get a tweet in a day or two denying it was him after they see the reactions.

Axl spoke to the press a month before the last residency in Vegas. Might want to get his name out there for when the announcement is happening. Reporters usually comment on why else an artist made the headlines when they report on something...like

"GNR are ready for a 2nd stint in Vegas, rose who recently claimed Flea had a Google chip in his ass at the superbowl, is set to bring the jungle back to Vegas may through june" Etc

Since you guys are assuming it's Axl, would you brush it off so easily if someone like Kiedis publicly called NuNuNu a karaoke act or something similar, like a cover band, assuming it was just a joke?

No, we would write a pissed off letter to Kiedis explaining that he just delayed the next Guns album for about 15 years!

• Like 1

It was Axl, GN'R shared the link on facebook.

Funny thing is that he's saying shit about a band that actually cares about their fans and releases new music. Anyway, probably just a joke.

ASS-tro-nots. Google Ass.

Yeah it safe to assume he was joking.........

I see this as he is complimenting RHCP by making light of the situation.

• Like 2

It was Axl, GN'R shared the link on facebook.

Funny thing is that he's saying shit about a band that actually cares about their fans and releases new music. Anyway, probably just a joke.

ASS-tro-nots. Google Ass.

Yeah it safe to assume he was joking.........

I see this as he is complimenting RHCP by making light of the situation.

RHCP are gonna be so mad when they read this!