What's with all the abhorrence of So Fine?

Guest Len B'stard

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFF, So Fine is a belter, what part of it is bad?!?! Love Duffs verse, they were cool as fuck with that, thats GnR tryna do a fuckin' Johnny Thunders track basically, in a stadium rock setting. 'Yeah i think you know where that comes from, guitar, c'MAWWWWWN' :D

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Everytime i hear Get in the Ring it's like i'm 11 years old again and Axls stickin' up for me, 'you been rippin' off the fuckin' kids while they been paying their hard earned money to read about the bands they wanna know about!' it was like 'yes, yes, YES!! He's talkin' about me, he's talkin' about me! :lol:

Everytime i hear Get in the Ring it's like i'm 11 years old again and Axls stickin' up for me, 'you been rippin' off the fuckin' kids while they been paying their hard earned money to read about the bands they wanna know about!' it was like 'yes, yes, YES!! He's talkin' about me, he's talkin' about me! :lol:

This. That's why I don't get the hate for Get in the Ring. It was so cool back in the day, like you say, Axl sticking up for us, us against the rest of the world sort of thing. Still makes me smile every time I hear it. Maybe that's just nostalgia though...

OT: I really liked So Fine too, a nice, softer song, and I played it often. I don't think it's one of their top songs, but I still think it's okay, doesn't bother me. So no, don't get all the hate for that either. :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

This. That's why I don't get the hate for Get in the Ring. It was so cool back in the day, like you say, Axl sticking up for us, us against the rest of the world sort of thing. Still makes me smile every time I hear it. Maybe that's just nostalgia though...

To be honest you're reading a little too much into my post that was more highlighting the silliness of my 11 yr old self as opposed to any actual affinity with Axl ranting at a bunch of reporters. It was cool back in the day cuz, lets face it, he's cursing and being lairy and when you're 11/12/13 or rather when i was 11/12/13 i thought that was a really cool and big and clever thing to do, to tell everyone to go fuck themselves and moreover, my inner moron is still alive and well and kinda still likes that shit.

To be really frank, when i first heard Get in the Ring i didn't know you could talk like that on record, i was at that age still where i thought cursing and cool were the same thing :lol:

To be honest you're reading a little too much into my post that was more highlighting the silliness of my 11 yr old self as opposed to any actual affinity with Axl ranting at a bunch of reporters. It was cool back in the day cuz, lets face it, he's cursing and being lairy and when you're 11/12/13 or rather when i was 11/12/13 i thought that was a really cool and big and clever thing to do, to tell everyone to go fuck themselves and moreover, my inner moron is still alive and well and kinda still likes that shit.

To be really frank, when i first heard Get in the Ring i didn't know you could talk like that on record, i was at that age still where i thought cursing and cool were the same thing :lol:

Okay, I think I got what you meant the first time, but maybe my answer didn't come across as it was meant. In the future, I'll limit my answer to 'Agreed' ;)

I think it's just the Metallica fans spam/trolling again.

Not but seriously. The UYI II playlist is horrible. So Fine shouldn't come after Locomotive. Locomotive should've been the closer.

The playlists of all Gn'R albums, except AFD, are pretty horrible. Songwise UYI, UYI II and CD havmore quality than AFD.

:lol: Yes.

I absolutely love that song, its so corny and over the top and in a sort of adorable way. People interpret the "rant" in the middle as if Axl was furiously tearing these magazine people a new asshole but really I don't think it could be any more obvious, they were just having fun.

"I doooont like you I juuust hate you I'm guuunna kick your ass!"

"and in this corner, weiging in at 850 pounds, GUNS N' ROSES"

Fucking poetry. Get In The Ring has to be the most fun / happy GNR song.