What if Axl had a comedy talk show?

I'm joking, guys...

MyGNR has a problem with irony.

I understood that you were joking. It was very clear to anybody that doesn't have their panties in a twist 24/7.

Anyway, it would be good if Axl gave his analysis on things regularly.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Axl is, based on interviews and print, possibly the unfunniest rock star.

I hope you're not being serious with that assertion.

100% serious. He actually seems pretty humourless really. I mean he says things that clearly are a joke sometimes but he's never been...funny in the way someone like Keith Moon was funny or John Lennon (most of The Beatles in fact) had a certain wit. Noel Gallagher too, he's funny...Axl though? To be clear, I wasn't saying what i was saying in reference to taking Manetses OP seriously, just as a standalone though prompted by thinking about whether i can ever recall Axl saying anything vaguely amusing.

Edited by sugaraylen

100% serious.

The least funniest rockstar? There are so many rockstars that don't have one iota of humour in their body.

I find Axl's humour hit and miss - but he can be extremely funny.

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

100% serious.

The least funniest rockstar? There are so many rockstars that don't have one iota of humour in their body.

I find Axl's humour hit and miss - but he can be extremely funny.

Never noticed it to be honest. Always struck me as a laughing at your own jokes type. Keith Richards is kinda like that too.

Axl is funnier when he just spits out stuff on the spot. Like in that old interview when they ask if GNR is like Iron Maiden and he just blurts out, I hope not. But when he thinks and rehearses what he is going to say, it sounds more crazy than funny. Seriously, reading one of his letters is like Batman finding a clue from the Riddler. I mean it's funny, but it's a crazy funny not a funny funny.

Guest Len B'stard

The closest i seen to Axl being funny was that little note slip thing that said something like sure she was 13 but she had the body of a 12 yr old or something along those lines :lol:

If he goes on Dave Navarro, Joe Rogan and Adam Carolla's shows - it would definitely be entertaining and funny. He is funnier when there's other people in the room. Being that none of them have a real time limit on their shows, it could easily go 4-5 hours nonstop. They all live within driving distance so it's not like Axl would be going out of his way to do it.

who would you like him to interview?

definitely, Slash

- Hey Slash, did you really like CD?

- Sure i did, but it's because i lost my dive in and find the monkey attitude long time ago

- yeah you're such a limelight whore

- i know, you hate my guts

Now that is pretty clear that this is GNR's last tour so that Axl can pursue his comedy carreer, who would you like him to interview?

I think he Axl is better bouncing off others.

The story tellers are the ones you interview, Axl would surely be in that category