Not to start a WAR

But the amount of hate & ignorance shown towards Axl on almost every "facebook" post or aticle in the comments, is absouletly disgusting. Is their any reason why he stays away from social media and a recluse? Anyone else would of given up a long time ago. It makes me sad that no matter what he does that 90% of the media portray him in a bad light, the usual comments that follow are

"Axl's fat"

"Wheres slash"

"He cant sing"

"He ruined GNR"

"Axle axle axlle"

Why the fuck does it come across as no-one respects outside of the core fanbase ? No wonder he's heisitant to release new music.

#endrant

• Like 1

His reputation for late starts and the name-stealing (fabricated as it may be) killed him with the general public. People who aren't hardcore fans are going to be pissed about the "fake" band, people who are are going to be pissed about the lack of music or information about music. People who are pissed at someone, or just dislike them sometimes call them names. It's just the way it is.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

A young man moves to a village in Wales and gets talking to an old man from the village. He asks the old man what his name is; the old man gets very irate at this point and says: "See that line of houses over there? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the house builder? Do they hell! See those railway lines over there? I laid them all, but do they call me Jones the engineer? Do they hell! See those bridges over that river? I built them all, but do they call me Jones the bridge builder? Do they hell! But, a long long time ago, I fucked one sheep..."

Edited by Scumcat Esq.
  • Like 1

Guest MikeHunt

You've got to realize that we are the exception, not the rule.

Axl has done much to deserve his reputation, and little to mend it.

• Like 1

Guest MikeHunt

When I said we I meant the people who bother to even post on a forum about him. Even though people here can be critical they are still invested enough to bother posting.

But the general public on social media tend to despise him, which is the norm.

• Like 1

But the amount of hate & ignorance shown towards Axl on almost every "facebook" post or aticle in the comments, is absouletly disgusting. Is their any reason why he stays away from social media and a recluse? Anyone else would of given up a long time ago. It makes me sad that no matter what he does that 90% of the media portray him in a bad light, the usual comments that follow are

"Axl's fat"

"Wheres slash"

"He cant sing"

"He ruined GNR"

"Axle axle axlle"

Why the fuck does it come across as no-one respects outside of the core fanbase ? No wonder he's heisitant to release new music.

#endrant

Axl has gotten fat

Slash is gone

He can't sing

He didn't ruin GNR, but he changed it enough so if people wanted something that sounded like the original, that would ruin it for them.

Because the internet makes people bold and cruel. I'd wager that the majority of people who make nasty and superficial comments about Axl, or any other celebrity, would never dare to do it in person - but since they're anonymous and safely hidden behind a computer, it's open war, they feel big and bad, and they get their jollies by saying stupid things about people they don't even know.

And keep in mind that I don't think it's wrong to be critical or to express varying viewpoints, and I'm not talking about those folks - I'm talking about the ones who have fun being openly nasty.

The thing is, it happens to every celebrity and a lot of non-celebs too - there's some five year old Disney actress who's been getting death threats lately. This isn't just an Axl thing. Go on any YouTube video or Facebook page and you will see tons of trolling comments. I've heard celebrities say they never Google themselves and they disable comments on their videos, and that's probably smart for their own sanity.

• Like 1

I believe there wouldn't be half as much hate if he released more than one album in 20 years and keep touring the same album for 10 years. If he did reg interviews, photoshoots and released music the public would take the band seriously coz all the fans and general public see is one album and he hasn't really taken the band forward.. Instead he's just reembered for htat one Chidem album and all the fuss. It was a great album but he should still be making music. The constant recluse things doesn't help his image. He's a great performer and amazing charisma it's just a pity he is so musically uncreative these last 8 years coz I always see Axl as someone amazingly talented but just can't get a new album together continuously year after year for some unknown reason. The band have all expressed frustrations of why no new album. He is the biggest waste of potential and talent I've ever seen. I think he could be doing so much more than just touring the same thing year after year.

Edited by Janis
  • Like 1

Because the internet makes people bold and cruel. I'd wager that the majority of people who make nasty and superficial comments about Axl, or any other celebrity, would never dare to do it in person - but since they're anonymous and safely hidden behind a computer, it's open war, they feel big and bad, and they get their jollies by saying stupid things about people they don't even know.

This argument never holds up. When you're talking about someone on the internet, to other people on the internet, you aren't directing it at who you're talking about. People may not say it to someone's face, but they'd say it to one of their friends behind that person's back.

• Like 1

Look at justin bieber he gets more shit than anyone.

On use your illusion tour, Axl was much more of an asshole than bieber, except that worked for him. I guess people just accept the late starts and the rants and riots. Even being a recluse makes him more interesting.

The minute people start liking Axl rose, GNR is over.

This argument never holds up. When you're talking about someone on the internet, to other people on the internet, you aren't directing it at who you're talking about. People may not say it to someone's face, but they'd say it to one of their friends behind that person's back.

Which just reinforced what I said - you'd never say it to that person's face directly. Saying it to their friend behind their back is just as cowardly as making anon comments online. And a lot of the trolling IS directed toward the target themselves - I've seen internet comments urging celebs to kill themselves, die, stop performing, etc.

Edited by stella

On use your illusion tour, Axl was much more of an asshole than bieber, except that worked for him. I guess people just accept the late starts and the rants and riots. Even being a recluse makes him more interesting.

Don't compare UYI Axl to Bieber. Good god. Think 1987-1993 Axl and compare to NKOTB. OK- one kicked ass and one sucked. Bieber- talk about "Immigrants and ......"...that little pussy is both!

Edited by Snowmass

Well to be honest, anybody else I know (that isn't on the internet) has pretty much voiced the opinion that Axl Rose is crazy, sounds like shit, is a drug addict, ruined GNR, is a joke and that Chinese Democracy album sucked.

Not my opinion, and the people that have said that were usually fans of GNR.

Don't compare UYI Axl to Bieber. Good god. Think 1987-1993 Axl and compare to NKOTB. OK- one kicked ass and one sucked. Bieber- talk about "Immigrants and ......"...that little pussy is both!

Just saying that other artists put up with a lot of shit too. Axl is being singled out.

I think the best thing Axl has going for him are the concerts. He still has the ability to win over hateful crowds bc when you watch him perform you realize he ultimately is a rock legend.

Very few people leave a GNR concert and say "wow that was dumb, he's terrible"

The people that hate Axl hate him bc he's an easy punch line. He never defends himself, and for a guy who nobody ever sees people seem to know a lot about him. They consider his antics the reason slash won't play with him, they still think a guy with a bucket on his head is in the band, and Chinese Democracy is universally hated by millions of people who have never listened to it.

At the end of the day Axl is that rock legend that will be missed the day he passes. He's truly the last of his kind that doesn't care for the media and hasn't sold out to what everyone wants.

He's still the man, and I hope he never changes

• Like 3

I think the best thing Axl has going for him are the concerts. He still has the ability to win over hateful crowds bc when you watch him perform you realize he ultimately is a rock legend.

Very few people leave a GNR concert and say "wow that was dumb, he's terrible"

The people that hate Axl hate him bc he's an easy punch line. He never defends himself, and for a guy who nobody ever sees people seem to know a lot about him. They consider his antics the reason slash won't play with him, they still think a guy with a bucket on his head is in the band, and Chinese Democracy is universally hated by millions of people who have never listened to it.

At the end of the day Axl is that rock legend that will be missed the day he passes. He's truly the last of his kind that doesn't care for the media and hasn't sold out to what everyone wants.

He's still the man, and I hope he never changes

Could not agree more !!! He's the only one who has stuck to his values and beliefs, Axl '86 is still Axl today. Faults and all but just happier.

If Chinese Democracy was good, no one would care, about "the name", that Slash wasn't on it, and Axl had put on a few pounds.

C'mon people, besides the Phantom Menace this was most anticipated "entertainment product" of all time.

At least in my lifetime.

It wasn't good. There you go.

George Lucas has his haters as well.

• Like 2