Not to start a WAR

But the amount of hate & ignorance shown towards Axl on almost every "facebook" post or aticle in the comments, is absouletly disgusting. Is their any reason why he stays away from social media and a recluse? Anyone else would of given up a long time ago. It makes me sad that no matter what he does that 90% of the media portray him in a bad light, the usual comments that follow are

"Axl's fat"

"Wheres slash"

"He cant sing"

"He ruined GNR"

"Axle axle axlle"

Why the fuck does it come across as no-one respects outside of the core fanbase ? No wonder

he's heisitant to release new music.

#endrant

Couple of big reasons:

its no secret that the millineal generation bear a tremndous amount of disdain for the 80's and its music. Axl is seen as a relic of that era. How many here on this forum refer to the 80's as the era of CockRock?

When was the last time GNR lead the pack? 1991-93.

Had Axl having successfully commandeered the GNR name and in turn come out in 97-2001 with a huge sound, new band and promoted the living hell out of both his new band and his new music then he might have enjoyed a continuence of his fame and fortune at some going premium . Instead his image and his percieved confusion as to how to successessfully carry on the juggernaut of GNR..just tumbled down from there. When the perception became that Axl was actually a singer in a Tribute band to GNR.. .that should have been his cue to retool his approach. So he becomes a parody of his own creation ..AXL doing an Impersonation of Axl Rose.

The media black out and the long long as wait for Chinese Democracy did absolutely no favors to his antisocial cocky public perception. If anything it comes across just like it does today at this very moment.. Axl just dont give a shit about his ownership of GNR and his very own legacy as a showman/entertainer/artitist... so he opens himself up as a target for disdain, ridicule and mockery.

But the shot between the eyes; Chinese Democracy itself..it simply didnt capture the publics imagination or its approval. The songs are appealing to only a handful of the faithful. One would reasonably think that given the level of talent and the amount of resources dedicated to the album that it should have shot to the top and stay there. It proved that talent and resources does not nessessarily make a formula for mass appreciation and mass appeal.

Even those that casually paid attention and kinda sorta knew GNR was still alive arrived at time where they just didnt give a shit... other 80's bands where trying desperately to keep in the game and unfortunately GNR fell in with that perception.

For instance during the long wait I saw : Ratt, Warrant Quiet Riot, Poison and Bullet Boys, Great White and LA Guns in fucking dive bars/clubs and county fairs..with NONE of those bands having their legacy lineups intact... Even Motley Crue.. without Tommy Lee.. and once without Vince Neil on vocals... and it just didnt jive.. it was as if they so desperate to hold on that they lost sight of why they were who they were.

But Axl for all he is and more importantly is not... pissed off a huge segment of his public by what most people pecieve (rightly or completely mistaken) by taking GNR to next to no where. His ongoing CD/greatest hits tour..no new music.. his black out of pushing the band to the spotlight.. the snipes and the gripes with the old band. His playing and relying on OLD MATERIAL ---CD now included just makes people gravitate to total write off. THe 80's and 90's are over and he simply hasnt contributed anything new to the conversation.

Jim Morrison of the Doors nailed it though when he said "they want my death" We want the Axl that is dangerous, pissed off and ranting and raving against the powers that be. We want that temper and that defiance ,, we want that primal scream and his expression...A gentleman middle aged millionaire rock star just is to confusing to accept. Its a question of expectations -vs- reality that makes Axl a target , simply put its a question of being disappointed that GNR has become what it is... you can make up your own conclusions ..I have mine.

Good post! The general public demands and wants things not to change and somehow to remain in a state of stasis, a familiar landmark in a sea of formaldehyde, like AC/DC became. (No offense, I love accadacca and their repetitive redundancy)

Not realistic, and definitely not healthy.

Also think you're on to something with the Morrison reference, he said once that people wanted "something sacred" which implied that mere music would never somehow be enough.

Yes, let us all mindlessly, unconditionally worship Axl. Let us pray.

Axl is fat and comical-looking. His singing is terrible and it's clear he doesn't practice. He destroyed GNR so he could own the name, then he did nothing with it. ChiDem is a poor album, esp considering the circumstances. Axl tours as a coverband now. Axl will clearly never release music ever again.

These are all facts, not unwarranted attacks. There us no conspiracy to keep Axl down. He kept himself down and deserves all the criticism he's getting for it.

Yes, let us all mindlessly, unconditionally worship Axl. Let us pray.

Axl is fat and comical-looking. His singing is terrible and it's clear he doesn't practice. He destroyed GNR so he could own the name, then he did nothing with it. ChiDem is a poor album, esp considering the circumstances. Axl tours as a coverband now. Axl will clearly never release music ever again.

These are all facts, not unwarranted attacks. There us no conspiracy to keep Axl down. He kept himself down and deserves all the criticism he's getting for it.

If you truly believe in all the bs you wrote, maybe it's time for you to move on. The last thing I would do would be staying here if I believed and or felt half of the things you said.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of insulting Axl's appearance, as it has nothing to do with the music, but I think a lot of the fan hostility comes from the way he treats his fans.....no news, no new music, refuses to go on stage on time and of course the perception that he broke up the old band and stole the name justified or not........

As far as the media is concerned Axl has been shitting on them since the early 90's and they have long memories so while it may not be fair how they portray him at times he brought it on himself by how he treats them........when you are on top, as Axl and Guns were in the early 90's, you can get away with shitting on the press as nobody cares what they write but on the way down, as he is now, they will get their revenge.......... :shrugs:

• Like 3

I have to agree with the Axl Nutters on here.

If somebody disagrees with or doesn't like a band that I like, it never is because they have a different opinion or a different musical preference than I do. It's ONLY because they are stupid, retarded, and have a life-time grudge against the band/singer that I enjoy.

Classic's post hits the nail on the head.

And all the comments you people see on other internet forums..........well welcome to the real world. This is what the majority of music fans out there think about Axl and the current GnR. They aren't biased. People on this forum are biased, because GnR is our favorite band. So people on this forum tend to overlook all the negative things surrounding Axl and they praise and worship his every move. People who aren't part of the forum.....that's who you need to look at for an unbiased perspective on our favorite singer. YOU might not like it and you might not agree with them. But unfortunately for Axl, unfortunately for you - that's how most people think. But the good thing is you shouldn't care what some random stranger in Iowa thinks. You shouldn't let it get you so angry.

Axl is my favorite rock singer. I couldn't care less if some guy in North Carolina doesn't.

• Like 1

He´s always been bashed, even in the old days and with the old band. What happens with the internet is that it is full of people who are very brave when they hide behind their computers and show their frustrations spreading hatred towards others. And I don´t mean only Axl. You read whatever article about other stuff and there are always people spreading shit and making cruel attacks on others. It´s the anonymous status of people what helps them to do this because most of the time, face to face they are unable to say half the bullshit they say in internet.

He´s always been bashed, even in the old days and with the old band. What happens with the internet is that it is full of people who are very brave when they hide behind their computers and show their frustrations spreading hatred towards others. And I don´t mean only Axl. You read whatever article about other stuff and there are always people spreading shit and making cruel attacks on others. It´s the anonymous status of people what helps them to do this because most of the time, face to face they are unable to say half the bullshit they say in internet.

Thats true.. back at the start Axl and his incindiary inflammitory personality pissed people off... but he delivered the goods. He was contriversial, he was outspoken, he was brash and brilliant and he called a lot of society and even people out as well.. and the music and the show backed it up. He wasnt a pretender to the throne and that shook the hell out of the established music scene." Dangerous" rock bands where something of a cliche by the time Axl hit the scene... usually with a well designed promoted "shock" value attached to it... (WASP..later Marilyn Manson, Slipknot etc) same way that ol Miley is playing the numbers do it to shock people into paying attention...but Axl was in your face and upfront and GNR rocketed to the top because it was authentic.. they were what they were and without the fluff that even Motley Crue embraced His image changed from AFD to UYI because thats what he wanted it to do but his message only got bolder and more expressive. TO the point where going to a GNR show 91-93 IF you didnt get an AXL rant you felt let down... Some to his antics promoted him to his extreme detriment and at others to his extreme benefit. But Axl put his ass on the line for public consumption and thats exactly what the public does.

THere has always been people taking potshots... its a way of life for anyone in the public perception. Look at politics for an example... its watched like one and critiqued like one does a football game... armchair quarterbacks who somehow could make the plays. You cant have people getting to comfortable with themselves.. you have to bring them down to human level for the rest of us plebians. So you dig and you scrape and you goad and investigate until you get the answers your looking for. If not.. just make them up or call it opinion but the allegatiions and the suggestions are even just as much if not more damning to the individual. IF you have someone doing anything that questions the status quo... just assassinate him/her(demonize) and brand them a heretic. Its worked for a long long long time.

My son actually posted a Happy Birthday to Axl on his facebook and said he was still one of the greatest singers and frontman around today.

I was proud that he put that since so many other people are always putting Axl down.

It's been over 20 years since the original members have come and gone and yet this shit still gets mentioned constantly.

I don't think Axl will ever get the respect he rightfully deserves and I don't think he gives a shit.

the other original members don't constantly talk about GNR and how they want to reunite, so why does Axl get all the hate?

My son actually posted a Happy Birthday to Axl on his facebook and said he was still one of the greatest singers and frontman around today.

I was proud that he put that since so many other people are always putting Axl down.

It's been over 20 years since the original members have come and gone and yet this shit still gets mentioned constantly.

I don't think Axl will ever get the respect he rightfully deserves and I don't think he gives a shit.

the other original members don't constantly talk about GNR and how they want to reunite, so why does Axl get all the hate?

Because people outside of this forum don't view the world through Rose colored glasses. They don't idolize and worship Axl and think that he is the greatest living human being on the planet.

Isn't your son also the guy who got angry and walked out midway through a Slash concert because he felt there were too many GnR songs and guitar solos being played?

I'm proud because my teenage son donated his last Friday night to cooking at our local soup kitchen to help feed the homeless are down-and-out population in my city.

You're proud because your son posted a happy message on a rock singer's facebook page?

Also, you don't think Axl gets the credit and respect he deserves? Whenever major music magazines/websites put out their lists of the greatest rock singers and greatest rock bands and greatest rock songs of all time, Axl, old GnR and old GnR songs ALWAYS make the list. And usually they are near the top.

So who isn't giving them their deserved credit? Fans have bought about 80 million of their albums, Axl is thought of as one of the top 5-to-10 rock singers of all time, GnR is thought of as a top 10 rock band of all time, and songs like Jungle, SCOM, Nov Rain and PC all get mentioned in various "top rock songs of all time" polls/lists.

• Like 1

In order to get respect you have to give respect Val and considering the way Axl treats his fans and the press he has not earned it so I am baffled why you are so surprised he gets so much grief from fans and journalists considering how shitty he treats them........... :shrugs: ..........what you reap is what you sow............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

I'm proud because my teenage son donated his last Friday night to cooking at our local soup kitchen to help feed the homeless are down-and-out population in my city.

You're proud because your son posted a happy message on a rock singer's facebook page?

You're always making me laugh, bro. Spot on! :headbang:

As said above, we all see him through Rose tinted glasses, most of us realise that he's been wrong in alot of cases (some would still argue this) but to the average joe person that likes SCOM, WTTJ etc it's incredibly easy to dis-like Axl. I used to argue with friends and family alot and try and defend Axl, I later realised that no matter what I said it wasn't going to change peoples opinions - how can you defend someone who dissapears for years on end, treats his fans like enemys, cancels gigs/tours as and when he chooses, continues under the name GNR long after the original band split, rarely releases music etc etc - and besides, it's only Facebook, he isn't going to see that anyway, and people like to act all tough on Facebook, I doubt 1% of the people would say anything negative to him if they met him, they'd be all 'Hi Axl, I love SCOM, great set tonight, I LOVE YOU' etc....

I never run into disdain for Axl in public. Most people haven't a clue that he's still doing anything, so everyone just thinks about the old band when I talk about Guns N Roses. And most of the time people are like, "Yeah, they were cool. I really like <insert song>."

Guest Len B'stard
Because the internet makes people bold and cruel. I'd wager that the majority of people who make nasty and superficial comments about Axl, or any other celebrity, would never dare to do it in person

Oh Oh OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, seriously, how much do you wanna fuckin' bet?!?! :lol:

The thing is, even if you don't like Axl, what's the point of picking at him? Is it really all that fun to mock complete strangers?

Because the internet makes people bold and cruel. I'd wager that the majority of people who make nasty and superficial comments about Axl, or any other celebrity, would never dare to do it in person

Oh Oh OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, seriously, how much do you wanna fuckin' bet?!?! :lol:

Okay. Go to Vegas, say it directly to Axl and then report back on what happens. Extra points for video proof.

It's not at all a joke...most internet cupcakes are cowards IRL. They do what they do online because they think they're anonymous and therefore will never get caught or face any repercussions for their actions.

Edited by stella

If I met Axl, I would say ''why do you not release an album?'' I would say, ''you look like a joke in Vegas. You could be releasing masterpieces mate''. I couldn't be like people like jarmo, del james, the brazilian crew and his bandmates. I have to say the truth in front of people.

• Like 1