Can't say either way honestly I was not there and have not heard the 3 sides (Erin, Axl and the truth)

I can say that in watching the making of videos Stephanie goes out of her way to tell us that they don't fight, they don't even have disagreements.

Not saying she is lying, truth be told I have no idea really and as such it is not my business.

That's impressively stupid, even by the standards this topic often achieves. Thumbs up.

Nutters- he pushed their buttons. Takes 2 to tango. He had a bad childhood. Etc..... *BTW- great picture of Axl!

I would never say that, but I do agree it takes 2 in this circumstance. These weren't women living in a trailer with no money and no place to go, with kids that belonged to an abusive husband. They could have gotten out after the first outburst, but they didn't. Neither of them were angels, it's not like they were sweet, innocent women living decent lifestyles. They chose to stay with him even though he clearly showed signs of mental instability and violence (if their allegations are true). Just because I don't sympathize with them doesn't mean I sympathize with Axl or condone what he did.

1. Yes, it does take two to tango. The person doing the beating, and the person who is being beat. You really might want to do some research on domestic violence. Maybe go to your local women's shelter and tell those battered women that it takes two to tango. SMH.

2. Holy Crap. Talk about stereotyping. Where you live has NOTHING to do with picking an abusive boyfriend. So the size of your house matters in terms of domestic abuse? Living in a mansion means you weren't beat, living in a trailer means you were? Wow.

3. Staying with an abusive husband is only OK if you have kids? So the kids can get beat to?

4. "THEY COULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT AFTER THE FIRST OUTBURST, BUT THEY DIDN'T"..............you really have no clue, do you. Again, do some research.

5. "neither of them were angels".............lol. So because they weren't angels they deserved to be beaten?

6. "sweet innocent angels living decent livestyles"............I think we can all agree with this. Hell, I regularly beat up my female friends who are aren't sweet innocent angels. I've always thought that if somebody drank, did drugs, or didn't go to church then they deserve whatever they get - and sometimes that means a beating.

7. Yes - they "CHOSE" to say with them......so they deserved everything they got.

8. If the allegations were true??? Axl admitted in court they were. Axl paid 1.4 million dollars to shut them up, instead of fighting to clear his name. Many witnesses said they saw Axl hit them. But sure......"if" the allegations were true.

So to summarize...........from everything you just said................they stayed, they weren't angels, they weren't in a trailer park, they could have left, they weren't innocent...........ya, it totally doesn't sound like you are saying they deserved it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Nutters- he pushed their buttons. Takes 2 to tango. He had a bad childhood. Etc..... *BTW- great picture of Axl!

I would never say that, but I do agree it takes 2 in this circumstance. These weren't women living in a trailer with no money and no place to go, with kids that belonged to an abusive husband. They could have gotten out after the first outburst, but they didn't. Neither of them were angels, it's not like they were sweet, innocent women living decent lifestyles. They chose to stay with him even though he clearly showed signs of mental instability and violence (if their allegations are true). Just because I don't sympathize with them doesn't mean I sympathize with Axl or condone what he did.

1. Yes, it does take two to tango. The person doing the beating, and the person who is being beat. You really might want to do some research on domestic violence. Maybe go to your local women's shelter and tell those battered women that it takes two to tango. SMH.

2. Holy Crap. Talk about stereotyping. Where you live has NOTHING to do with picking an abusive boyfriend. So the size of your house matters in terms of domestic abuse? Living in a mansion means you weren't beat, living in a trailer means you were? Wow.

3. Staying with an abusive husband is only OK if you have kids? So the kids can get beat to?

4. "THEY COULD HAVE GOTTEN OUT AFTER THE FIRST OUTBURST, BUT THEY DIDN'T"..............you really have no clue, do you. Again, do some research.

5. "neither of them were angels".............lol. So because they weren't angels they deserved to be beaten?

6. "sweet innocent angels living decent livestyles"............I think we can all agree with this. Hell, I regularly beat up my female friends who are aren't sweet innocent angels. I've always thought that if somebody drank, did drugs, or didn't go to church then they deserve whatever they get - and sometimes that means a beating.

7. Yes - they "CHOSE" to say with them......so they deserved everything they got.

8. If the allegations were true??? Axl admitted in court they were. Axl paid 1.4 million dollars to shut them up, instead of fighting to clear his name. Many witnesses said they saw Axl hit them. But sure......"if" the allegations were true.

So to summarize...........from everything you just said................they stayed, they weren't angels, they weren't in a trailer park, they could have left, they weren't innocent...........ya, it totally doesn't sound like you are saying they deserved it.

1.Again, I was referring to this specific situation, so my local battered woman's shelter isn't relevant. Maybe if you calmed down once in awhile and thought about the shit you post before you post it, you wouldn't say such asinine shit.

2.No, again, try to read and comprehend. My point has nothing to do with the size of your house, it has to do with whether or not a woman can get out of a situation or not.

3.No, but many women feel obligated to protect their child's father. Neither of them had children with Axl.

4.How would "research" change my opinion on this situation? If you were capable of coherent thought, you wouldn't generalize so much. I made it very clear I was speaking about this situation and not the typical domestic abuse scenario.

5.No, I never said that, and don't feel it's worth responding to. A person says one thing and you assume something else.

6.Again, you don't get it. I'm not saying anything about whether they deserve to be beaten or not, I'm saying they weren't exactly great people living decent lifestyles under the thumb of an abusive husband/stalker/whatever. Saying they weren't entirely blameless in their situation is in no way saying they "deserved" it. If you can't understand that, I can't help you.

7.Again, this isn't worth responding to. Your assumptions are baseless and incoherent.

8.I say "if" the allegations were true because neither I, nor anyone else posting about this was there. It's the logical position to hold, therefore it makes sense you'd wouldn't agree with it. People admit to things they didn't do all the time to settle cases. Not saying that happened, and the case is strong that it didn't, but again, I'm not in the position to say what happened with 100% certainty. No one here is.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Can't say either way honestly I was not there and have not heard the 3 sides (Erin, Axl and the truth)

I can say that in watching the making of videos Stephanie goes out of her way to tell us that they don't fight, they don't even have disagreements.

Not saying she is lying, truth be told I have no idea really and as such it is not my business.

That's impressively stupid, even by the standards this topic often achieves. Thumbs up.

Explain? Have you heard all 3 sides? Have you watched the making fucking videos? Do you somehow know them?

I agree hitting women aint cool, I witnessed alot of it as a child and it is something I am profoundly against. I witnessed it though I don't automatically assume someone did it.

If he did I hope he never did again, people change, I have seen people make all kinds of horrible mistakes.

and I might add I am not simply defending Axl because it is Axl, if someone said I did such a thing I would hope people would hear all sides before rushing to judgement

Edited by gunsguy

C'mon man..

You don't hit woman, you just don't. The worst whippings I got when I was a child is when my sisters would hit me and I would hit them back.

If an average female hits a man as hard as she can, yeah it'll hurt, there might be a bruise, hell, maybe a broken bone. If an average male hits a woman as hard as he can, she dies.

Simple as that.

And you know what, I'm not some holier than thou know it all. When I was 20, me and a ex were in a heated argument and she called me something I'd rather not repeat, so I slapped her :( . 14 years later, I still have regret in my heart about that man, and I'm sure when my time on earth is done, god will ask me about that incident.

But hey man, to your other point about the chicks just leaving. C'mon dude, sh*t, we all probably know 5-10 females in our personal life, that are with assholes or stuck in relationships that are not healthy for them. Leaving is not easy. When your with someone for awhile you develop feelings, maybe its not love, but there is something there, and when it comes to females, I think many of them feel like, "he will change", "I can change him" sorta deal. They want to be one that "changed your life for the better" so to speak. So just walking away, that isn't something to said or taken very lightly.

Heck, right now there is probably a female poster on this board, who is in a sh*tty relationship, but is choosing to stay because she thinks she can "save him". Leaving is hard.

I never said it was OK to hit them. I was commenting on THEIR behavior, not his. It's not easy to leave if you develop feelings, fine. But I don't sympathize with them then, simple as that.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Yes she said that in the makin´of Don´t Cry.I guess at that time it was true. And Axl said the first scene (when he is fighting with Steph and has a gun in his hand) they were reenacting a real fight he had with Erin.

So classy to post 20 year old news about a bad time in Axl's life on his birthday! Wonder why nothing positive from 20 years was posted? Oh I know why.....

Great job mods and admins for leaving this open :thumbsup:

Feel's pretty crap to have this discussion on a fan forum on his birthday,
would be a shame if he decided to visit the boards today.

Not trying to take anything away from the seriousness of domestic violence.

I was encouraged by a Staff member to create this thread. :shrugs:

Please tell us more

• Like 1

C'mon man..

You don't hit woman, you just don't. The worst whippings I got when I was a child is when my sisters would hit me and I would hit them back.

If an average female hits a man as hard as she can, yeah it'll hurt, there might be a bruise, hell, maybe a broken bone. If an average male hits a woman as hard as he can, she dies.

Simple as that.

And you know what, I'm not some holier than thou know it all. When I was 20, me and a ex were in a heated argument and she called me something I'd rather not repeat, so I slapped her :( . 14 years later, I still have regret in my heart about that man, and I'm sure when my time on earth is done, god will ask me about that incident.

But hey man, to your other point about the chicks just leaving. C'mon dude, sh*t, we all probably know 5-10 females in our personal life, that are with assholes or stuck in relationships that are not healthy for them. Leaving is not easy. When your with someone for awhile you develop feelings, maybe its not love, but there is something there, and when it comes to females, I think many of them feel like, "he will change", "I can change him" sorta deal. They want to be one that "changed your life for the better" so to speak. So just walking away, that isn't something to said or taken very lightly.

Heck, right now there is probably a female poster on this board, who is in a sh*tty relationship, but is choosing to stay because she thinks she can "save him". Leaving is hard.

Amen.

Thank you Sunny. A voice of reason and common sense.

• Like 1

Settled out of court is "cleared his name"? I'm not sure where the exact truth is here, but he certainly didn't clear his name.

I don't exactly know all the in's and out's of his private life but i do know that he weren't found guilty of nothing, i was actually thinkin' that as i typed it like hang on, was he even found not guilty? Either way, he wasn't found guilty though, was he? And a settlement could concievably make the the girls seem guilty as much as Axl, I mean you take this shit to trial cuz you've been wronged right, a crime has been committed, surely seeing them found guilty is more the priority than the money, no? I mean, you can get the money still even after he's found guilty so why would you just accept that shit?

I can see why Axl would, save going inside in case you are found guilty and lets face it, in a case like this it's bait as fuck for the man. But why would the woman settle, i don't understand. What, to save the shame and embarassment? Well if that was the case then why take it to court in the first place?

THIS above;

The women settled out because its far easier to get something than run the risk of losing. It says guitly to Axl without the celebrity circus. given that most attorneys will take 45-50% of the judegement over a long drawn out trial... get your settlement and let it go.

As for Axl... out of court to clear his name does the opposite.. you settle out of court when you know your ass is going to get beaten, when you dont want the sorid details dragged out for public record and you simply dont have the time nor the patience to go to trial. You take your chances that a judge/jury will award damages far and above the asking amount based on evidence so you settle for a sum that the other party agrees to.

What it doesnt do is clear your name.. it indicates the opposite..It screams guilty .... it indicates your going to lose and you know it and that you know there is no appropriate or capable defense to give the evidence against you.

• Like 3

Odd that a few of my threads were deleted for creating a negative vibe yet this one remains open.

Sigh.

That's because your topics/threads are designed SOLELY to start crap and make people mad.

This is a legitimate topic, where people are having a discussion about an issue that actually happened. Heated discussions and arguments are different than all the trolling you and guys like volcano do that causes negativity.

Seems like all you guys want to do is fight with people. In your quest to defend all things Axl and bash all things Slash, you've lost sight that this is a fan forum for people to exchange ideas and express their opinions with others.

I've got about 1% left in me to keep defending and trying to be nice to you. Instead of saying somebody is using straw man arguments, tell them WHY. Don't just mimic MSL or his parrots on here.

When I think you or Volcano are being nutters or cupcakes - I give detailed reasons why. I don't just call you a name and then run away.

Shadow might not like it, but I gave him a detailed reason of why I disagreed with his post. I didn't just insult him, like you guys do.

Shadow.

Thank you for the detailed response.

I was going to respond again, but if you can't have a debate/argument without resorting to insults in every sentence, then I see no point in continuing. My post was attacking your points, your post is half attacking my points and half attacking me personally. But sure, I'm the angry one!!!!

I guess multiple personal insults against the person you are arguing with somehow makes your points more valid? If so - sure. You win!!!!

I'll just wrap it up by saying maybe you should think about your statements that you aren't saying they "deserved" it..........but also saying you have no sympathy for these two battered women. HHmmm. Think about those two statements and how they work together.

Good day to you sir.

Edited by Groghan

So classy to post 20 year old news about a bad time in Axl's life on his birthday! Wonder why nothing positive from 20 years was posted? Oh I know why.....

Please tell us more

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205483-woody-allen-alleged-child-molestation/?p=3667378

• Like 2

Please tell us more

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/205483-woody-allen-alleged-child-molestation/?p=3667378

Yup- his story checks out, boys. Fair play, JB! :)

Please tell us more

What's the difference if it's Axl's birthday or not? It's still the same discussion.

I don't condone discussing it, as I feel it's been beaten to death at this point and no matter what side you're on, only those involved know the real truth.

If another mod wants to close this thread, then so be it - not insulting me - but the only reason I'm keeping it open is because the topic has been beaten to death before in various threads, so go ahead and discuss it in this final one if you want.

Please tell us more

What's the difference if it's Axl's birthday or not? It's still the same discussion.

I don't condone discussing it, as I feel it's been beaten to death at this point and no matter what side you're on, only those involved know the real truth.

If another mod wants to close this thread, then so be it - not insulting me - but the only reason I'm keeping it open is because the topic has been beaten to death before in various threads, so go ahead and discuss it in this final one if you want.

Interesting choice of word ;)

I don't see how discussing this is any different than discussing old songs/performances. I mean I personally don't care about something Axl (probably) did 20 years ago and has been settled with no new developments in decades, but if we're going to close threads about it, might as well close every thread about every old song/performance/interview/thing the old lineup ever did.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

Odd that a few of my threads were deleted for creating a negative vibe yet this one remains open.

Sigh.

That's because your topics/threads are designed SOLELY to start crap and make people mad.

This is a legitimate topic, where people are having a discussion about an issue that actually happened. Heated discussions and arguments are different than all the trolling you and guys like volcano do that causes negativity.

Seems like all you guys want to do is fight with people. In your quest to defend all things Axl and bash all things Slash, you've lost sight that this is a fan forum for people to exchange ideas and express their opinions with others.

I've got about 1% left in me to keep defending and trying to be nice to you. Instead of saying somebody is using straw man arguments, tell them WHY. Don't just mimic MSL or his parrots on here.

When I think you or Volcano are being nutters or cupcakes - I give detailed reasons why. I don't just call you a name and then run away.

Shadow might not like it, but I gave him a detailed reason of why I disagreed with his post. I didn't just insult him, like you guys do.

Shadow.

Thank you for the detailed response.

I was going to respond again, but if you can't have a debate/argument without resorting to insults in every sentence, then I see no point in continuing. My post was attacking your points, your post is half attacking my points and half attacking me personally. But sure, I'm the angry one!!!!

I guess multiple personal insults against the person you are arguing with somehow makes your points more valid? If so - sure. You win!!!!

I'll just wrap it up by saying maybe you should think about your statements that you aren't saying they "deserved" it..........but also saying you have no sympathy for these two battered women. HHmmm. Think about those two statements and how they work together.

Good day to you sir.

Yes, you are the angry one, and were very condescending in your post, which in turn pissed me off. If you don't view your post as condescending and angry in tone, go back and read it.

"Battered women" is another generalization and doesn't really address the specifics of the situation. I have sympathy for 99.9% of battered women, but everything isn't black and white. If a woman can leave, and doesn't simply because she likes being with the guy when he's not beating the shit out of her, then no, I don't feel sympathy for her in regards to the continued abuse. I don't see why I should. That doesn't mean she deserves it or I condone the abuser, but if you're going to stand there and take it because you like living the high life with a rock star or whatever...again I just can't muster any sympathy.

Please tell us more

So what happens when someone does another thread about this?