If a reunion happened would that change how you feel about Axl/Slash?

Say that Axl was able to forgive Slash, would those who blame Slash or don't like Slash have a change of heart? Would it be a poor decision on Axl's part? Also the converse. Would fans of slash who prefer his playing, blame Axl for the breakup, would they feel differently about Axl if they see Slash was cool with him?

I guess the question is how much of the dislike towards one or the other stems from actual preference of musicianship, or just picking sides.

I love Axl and I love Slash.

When I see GNR I am happy with the band that I see, it's the only GNR line up I've seen so I'm used to that.

When I see slash, I kinda think "I wish Axl was on stage and not myles"

I'd welcome Slash and Axl to play together. However, I really do believe Axl when he says "not in this lifetime".... At least he suggests it could happen in the next though haha.

• Like 2

Since none of us (except Marc Canter) know these people in real-life there is no reason for anyone on here to hate Slash. They do it just to get a rise out of old folks like myself and to kiss ass to Team Brazil in hopes of securing backstage party passes They latch onto Axl's hatred of Slash and convince themselves that it makes them a bigger Gn'R fan. Most of these people who do hate Slash weren't around for GN'R's prime anyway and maybe just maybe they'd feel differently had they seen them live. It's one thing to prefer a particular line-up but to diminish the contributions of the former members is just goofy.I am a fan of everyone who has ever been in Gn'R even Matt Sorum. I have paid to see Dizzy Reed solo. I don't base my fandom on Axl's beliefs.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 2

If Axl became friends with Slash again.............oh my. There are 4-5 posters on here whose heads would explode. But we all know they'd instantly go from hating and bashing slash to "To be honest, I always like him." Must be weird to have your thoughts/emotions/opinions controlled by the whims of a 50 year old singer.

A reunion wouldn't change my feelings about Axl or Slash.

All I want is for my favorite rock singer to release music more often than once every 15 years. I LOVE Chinese Democracy, so I'd be thrilled beyond belief if the current band put out 2-3 more albums that were like brother's of CD. If there was a reunion and that band put out a couple albums - awesome.

I just want Axl to share his talent with his millions of fans. I don't care what band is backing him up.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

It depends on if Slash actually apologizes...

What does Slash have to apologize to you (or the fans) for?

I know you aren't talking about him apologizing to Axl. Because that isn't really any of our business, and shouldn't matter to you and I in the least bit. And I believe Slash did go to Axl's house to apologize at one point, and Axl sent Beta to get rid of him. Wouldn't even man up and talk to the guy. Had to have his adopted mother protect him.

No. I don't know what went on, I don't know either man personally, and I'm not going to hate someone just because he's not in a band I like anymore. As said in another thread, there's Axl's version of the conflict; Slash's version of the conflict, and probably the truth in the middle somewhere, and it's not my concern.

If Axl and Slash are doing projects I enjoy, I will listen to them. If they're together, great. If they're not, great. I'm an old-school fan and I honestly don't care if they ever work together or not again. If they did, I'd hope it's because they really want to and not because they are being pressured by anyone else or making a cash grab.

Edited by stella

I know you aren't talking about him apologizing to Axl. Because that isn't really any of our business, and shouldn't matter to you and I in the least bit. And I believe Slash did go to Axl's house to apologize at one point, and Axl sent Beta to get rid of him. Wouldn't even man up and talk to the guy. Had to have his adopted mother protect him.

I didn't realize you were at Axl's house that night. Tell more about what went on that night? I love hearing stories from "insiders"...

• Like 1

To answer the OP- if a reunion happened I'd shit myself (and no longer be "but hurt" as the nutters say) and just mentally try & erase 1993-2013. *would be entertaining to watch what DJ "formerly of Guns n Roses fame" and Thal etc....would do LOL.

Edited by Snowmass

But we all know they'd instantly go from hating and bashing slash to "To be honest, I always like him." Must be weird to have your thoughts/emotions/opinions controlled by the whims of a 50 year old singer.

No, we wouldn't. Axl doesn't dictate my views on the band, I do.

This

And I believe Slash did go to Axl's house to apologize at one point, and Axl sent Beta to get rid of him. Wouldn't even man up and talk to the guy. Had to have his adopted mother protect him.

Assuming that Axl was even home, can you blame him? Would you want to go talk to a drunk man who showed up at your door at 5 am after he had done nothing but bag on you in the press for 10+ years?

I didn't realize you were at Axl's house that night. Tell more about what went on that night? I love hearing stories from "insiders"...

:lol:

• Like 1

Sigh. Do you guys come here to chat about GnR or just to fight with people?

Did I ever say I was an insider or that I was at their house that night? Nope. So why are you mocking me? Why not just debate the subject without that crap that just causes negativity?

Are you disputing that Slash showed up at Axl's house?

You do realize that Beta talked about it......right?

WF....seriously dude?

You bash Slash on a daily basis. Why? He's done nothing to you personally. If you hate him so much, why do you continually talk about him? You do so because you love starting crap and pissing people off.

You contradict yourself a couple times in this post.

You say Axl's actions don't dictate your feelings. BUT then you want Slash to apologize to Axl. LOL. If you don't care what Axl thinks, then why it is important for you that Slash to apologize to him? Which is it? You don't care.....or you do care!!! Celeb worship is a weird thing, man. If you didn't worship Axl, then you wouldn't care who he likes and dislikes.

And you say you need Slash to apologize. But then you bash Slash for going to Axl's house....to apologize. You don't know how "drunk" he was. Were you there? Are you an insider?

So if you don't want Slash going to Axl's house to apologize......how is he supposed to do it? Via Twitter? A Facebook message? And if you personally wouldn't have opened the door and had a conversation with somebody in a similar situation, then you really do have a lot of growing up to do.

But again, your contradictions are pretty funny and easy to spot. You want Slash to apologize, but bash him when he tried to do it.

Both you guys say that you are aren't obsessed with Axl and he doesn't dictate your thoughts and opinions. But everything you post proves you are lying. Why not just admit to it and move on?

Did I ever say I was an insider or that I was at their house that night? Nope. So why are you mocking me? Why not just debate the subject without that crap that just causes negativity?

WF....seriously dude?

You bash Slash on a daily basis. Why? He's done nothing to you personally. If you hate him so much, why do you continually talk about him? You do so because you love starting crap and pissing people off.

You say Axl's actions don't dictate your feelings. BUT then you want Slash to apologize to Axl. LOL. If you don't care what Axl thinks, then why it is important for you that Slash to apologize to him? Which is it? You don't care.....or you do care!!! Celeb worship is a weird thing, man. If you didn't worship Axl, then you wouldn't care who he likes and dislikes.

And you say you need Slash to apologize. But then you bash Slash for going to Axl's house....to apologize. You don't know how "drunk" he was. Were you there? Are you an insider?

So if you don't want Slash going to Axl's house to apologize......how is he supposed to do it? Via Twitter? A Facebook message? And if you personally wouldn't have opened the door and had a conversation with somebody in a similar situation, then you really do have a lot of growing up to do.

But again, your contradictions are pretty funny and easy to spot. You want Slash to apologize, but bash him when he tried to do it.

Both you guys say that you are aren't obsessed with Axl and he doesn't dictate your thoughts and opinions. But everything you post proves you are lying. Why not just admit to it and move on?

He didn't say he needs Slash to apologize, he just said Slash needs to apologize to get back in GNR. Which is pretty much a known fact, implied by Axl in his letter and confirmed by Marc dozens of times.

• Like 1

Slash didn't go to Axl's house to apologize, Groghan

Slash went to Axl's house to try to work out a lawsuit. The note said lets work this out or something like that. Perla was the one who pushed Slash to try to get back with Axl. She wanted a reunion more then anyone. As far as Slash talking shit about the VR guys, I'm sure it was true.

And he himself said he was drunk, I believe in his book. This was after denying he went in the first place, of course.

• Like 2

WF....seriously dude?

Groghan - the way you were speaking of that incident was in such a matter-of-fact way I got the impression that you must have been there.

In regards to my feeling about Slash, I think he's put out some great songs since he quit GNR. The first VR album as well as his 2010 Santana-esque album have some of his best work. I'm not all that into AL, even though I purchased the cd. I've seen him 3 times in concert since 2010 and had a good time. Not sure I would see him again unless his next "solo" effort blows me away.

Axl worshiper? Please...

Slash went to Axl's house to try to work out a lawsuit. The note said lets work this out or something like that. Perla was the one who pushed Slash to try to get back with Axl. She wanted a reunion more then anyone. As far as Slash talking shit about the VR guys, I'm sure it was true.

And he himself said he was drunk, I believe in his book. This was after denying he went in the first place, of course.
Quit being such a worshiping nutter!

Beta said somewhere, I think it might have been HTGTH, that Slash went to Axl's house because he "needed something".

Needed to work out a lawsuit, according to Marc

Quit being such a worshiping nutter!

:axl:

I remember I read somewhere that up until 2006 there was a chance of Slash working with Axl again. I'm not sure if that meant Slash rejoining Guns or only guest spots. :shrugs:

I think between the lies in his book and the lawsuits trying to keep CD from being released were the last straws.