If a reunion happened would that change how you feel about Axl/Slash?

I remember I read somewhere that up until 2006 there was a chance of Slash working with Axl again. I'm not sure if that meant Slash rejoining Guns or only guest spots. :shrugs:

Yeah, Marc said in 2001 Axl told him he'd consider working with Slash on a few songs for the ChiDem project. I think it was the house incident and the subsequent denials that led to that door being closed. There were rumours that Axl was considering a temporary reunion in 2006 for festivals such as Download, but I don't see that as likely.

I remember I read somewhere that up until 2006 there was a chance of Slash working with Axl again. I'm not sure if that meant Slash rejoining Guns or only guest spots. :shrugs:

I think between the lies in his book and the lawsuits trying to keep CD from being released were the last straws.

What lies in his book? I have read his book and I can't remember any lies.

Please, provide proof that Slash sued Axl or Guns N' Roses in order to stop or block the release of Chinese Democracy. I have never seen such information. A link to a reliable source would work.

• Like 1

Volcano summed up many of the lies in a another topic a while back.

Regarding the release of CD being held up, well that's for another day folks.

I don't know who Volcano is. I want reliable source, and "another day folks" don't work for me or the rest of the universe.

Can I claim that the real reason why Slash left Guns was because Axl was sexually harassing him? You want proof? Well, that's for another day folks.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2

I don't think my feelings would change all that much. It would still be disappointing to think of all the time Axl had wasted, trying to replicate something that he already had, and never coming close to how great it once was. So many unproductive years when he could have been making music and touring, instead of hiding and monitoring lawsuits.

I'd be happy for him though, knowing he finally let go of all the bitterness and seeing him realize what an ass he's been all these years.

• Like 1

I think between the lies in his book and the lawsuits trying to keep CD from being released were the last straws.
That does it. Now I've heard it all.

Slash is the reason ChiDem failed. Slash. Ruined. Chinese Democracy.

Ok...

I don't think my feelings would change all that much. It would still be disappointing to think of all the time Axl had wasted, trying to replicate something that he already had, and never coming close to how great it once was. So many unproductive years when he could have been making music and touring, instead of hiding and monitoring lawsuits.

I'd be happy for him though, knowing he finally let go of all the bitterness and seeing him realize what an ass he's been all these years.

Yeah just imagine if slash put down the drink and drugs sooner then he could have taken his career more seriously and stuck with GNR, maybe he'd even gel with Axl more. Staying in guns and making more appetite/illusions grade music.

Axl done a lot better replicating GNR than Slash did with Velvet Revolver.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

That does it. Now I've heard it all.

Slash is the reason ChiDem failed. Slash. Ruined. Chinese Democracy.

Ok...

Ugh, Chinese Democracy didn't fail. I was referring to one the many reasons of the delay.

The drink and drugs never stopped Slash from coming out with awesome music (in GNR)- I mean, how fucked up was he during the recording of the UYI albums (and the ones before) ???

I could only call Slash's playing on those albums as inspired, the UYI albums are the pinnacle of Slash IMO.

So for the "but Slash was on drugs and boozed up" yeah he was but I think Axl's disappearing/takeover act put the brakes on them doing another album more than the other guys' substance abuse-

which probably only got worse as they waited around for Axl to show up.

I reckon 95% of fans/punters want Axl to get over it and get Slash back for sure.

For me it really all depends on whether or not Slash wears the tophat. I fear it might remind me of DJ Ashba. Honestly, Slash should wear an Izzy-style hat, because the ode-to-Izzy symbolism would be fuckin cool. He's worn one recently.

• Like 1

Yeah just imagine if slash put down the drink and drugs sooner then he could have taken his career more seriously and stuck with GNR, maybe he'd even gel with Axl more. Staying in guns and making more appetite/illusions grade music.

Axl done a lot better replicating GNR than Slash did with Velvet Revolver.

Wow.

With the drugs and drinking, Slash and Axl were able to create a couple of the most iconic hard rock albums of all time.

Without each other, what have the two guys done? In a band setting, Slash has been more successful than Axl, even though Axl had the built in advantage of the GnR name. In the solo setting - Slash has been more successful.

So how exactly did Axl do a lot better replicating GnR than Slash with VR? VR sold more albums, put out more albums and received mainly positive critical feedback.

Sure, we all PERSONALLY love Axl's music more than we do Slash's. But if you put your personal preference aside and look at it without bias and at just the facts, the numbers don't lie.

I think that's what really makes you guys (you, volcano, wf, coma) so mad and so angry towards Slash. You all so desperately want to believe that Axl is a God and the main reason why the old band was so successful. So much so that you feel like constantly bashing and hating on Slash will somehow make people not realize that Slash has been more successful than Axl has been post break-up. Slash being more successful than Axl just infuriates you guys. You don't do it like the other guys I mentioned, but it's also why they freak out and whine and cry anytime somebody isn't worshipping Axl's every move. Their solution to everything is to bash Slash and insult posters who aren't wearing Rose colored glasses. It's quite funny to watch and see them get wound up.

I'm an Axl nutter and haven't cared for the majority of Slash's post GnR work.

And I realize that the only reason that Slash is more respected and more successful than Axl isn't because he is more talented, but because he is out there being a musician. Slash releases music, he puts out music videos, he interacts with fans, he does interviews. These are things that Axl refuses to do. So Slash fans win, Axl fans lose.

That's why I don't get mad and angry (butt hurt is the word you guys use) about Slash's success. Because I know that Axl could have buried Slash in terms of success.....simply if he had wanted to. If he had released just three albums over the last 15 years instead of one. If he would have done 10 major interview over 15 years instead of just a couple. If he would have released a couple music videos and showcased the band at a few awards shows. Then this wouldn't even be a discussion.

Coma, you are on a roll today. Sort of funny to watch as you usually stay pretty centered and don't go off the deep end like this.

Can you please provide the information on Slash's lawsuits that prevented or delayed the release of CD? I wasn't aware that had happened.

And did you seriously just infer that Axl is so fragile minded that he wasn't able to function properly due to Slash's book?

And did you seriously just use Volcano as a "source" for saying that Slash was a liar? Earlier today you mocked me for being a pretend "insider" and saying I must have been at Axl's house. But now you are using Volcano (of all people) as a legitimate source? This forum gets crazier and crazier every day.

Without even mentioning how friggin creepy it was that a Slash hater would take the time to dissect Slash's book like that, did you actually read his list? The majority of it was Slash misspelling people's names or having wrong dates from time periods that were 20 years ago. Those are now called lies???? It is funny, you guys say you don't hate Slash and don't care about him......but you literally nit-pick every aspect of his career to death. It's hilarious to watch. My only wish is that you guys applied the same standards to Axl that you do to Slash.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

GNR are more successful because velvet revolver were never a headlining band. They played a few arenas if they were lucky but mainly theatre shows. So finacially GNR were more successful. Chinese also sold more than contraband and the follow up album flopped.

Im annoyed because in 2003 slash created his own GNR. What did slash leave GNR to do? Nothing (96-03).

I admire slash for burying VR and his new band is better. I wish Axl could be half as social as slash and I admire slashs desire to release music.

As a slash fan I am happy, but dissapointed that he left GNR to make music of a lower quality. As a guitar player he has matured greatly, but songs are mediocre.

GNR are more successful because velvet revolver were never a headlining band. They played a few arenas if they were lucky but mainly theatre shows. So finacially GNR were more successful. Chinese also sold more than contraband and the follow up album flopped.

Im annoyed because in 2003 slash created his own GNR. What did slash leave GNR to do? Nothing (96-03).

I admire slash for burying VR and his new band is better. I wish Axl could be half as social as slash and I admire slashs desire to release music.

As a slash fan I am happy, but dissapointed that he left GNR to make music of a lower quality. As a guitar player he has matured greatly, but songs are mediocre.

Justin Bieber is a headlining act......Miley Cyrus is a headlining act.............

No, CD didn't sell more copies than VR. VR's first album outsold CD by approximately 20%.

The second album might have flopped, but at least their WAS another attempt by the band. I'd rather have Axl release albums that failed than release nothing at all.

VR also received more critical acclaim and success.

Sorry bro. I love CD 100000 times more than I enjoyed either of VR's albums.

But to say that GnR has been more successful than VR is is just you being blinded by fandom.

And didn't Slash release two Snake Pit albums during the time period you said he was inactive?

Coma........... :hug:

The snakepit albums were hardly a full time project and certainly not good enough to give up on GNR. Maybe he had big plans but that never went anywhere. Those albums could have been released while slash was in GNR. I think one of the albums is out of print.

Ill stand corrected if VR sold more copies than chinese but I can't see it some how. Ill need to see figures. Id be surprised.

I also have a theory on why Axl has been reluctant to release new music and tour the old songs. I might make a thread about it but in short I believe when the greatest hits was released in 04 new gnr was doomed from then on.

Edited by Axl_morris

for me it would make me respect both of them more. for someone like axl i would imagine it is very hard to forgive someone who you felt has wronged you so terribly. for someone like slash to admit wrong doing and look bad(for a short time anyway) in the publics eye...a huge step for both.(also not saying everything is slash's fault)

It's side picking, almost nothing to do with output. If you look at some of the comments from some people on here it's clear they have major hard ons for either Slash or Axl, the sane one's are able to enjoy both, but some think YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE A SIDE.

Justin Bieber is a headlining act......Miley Cyrus is a headlining act.............

No, CD didn't sell more copies than VR. VR's first album outsold CD by approximately 20%.

The second album might have flopped, but at least their WAS another attempt by the band. I'd rather have Axl release albums that failed than release nothing at all.

VR also received more critical acclaim and success.

Sorry bro. I love CD 100000 times more than I enjoyed either of VR's albums.

But to say that GnR has been more successful than VR is is just you being blinded by fandom.

And didn't Slash release two Snake Pit albums during the time period you said he was inactive?

Coma........... :hug:

Some fair points man but CD came out in a different time... in 2008 record sales had shrunk considerably, metallica shifted 4milliion copies of death magnetic AC/DC shifted 5million of of Black Ice, in 1990 or 2000 they would be considered failures, in 2008 selling 2/3 million was a huge album. Contraband came out in 2004? albums were still selling well, not a fair comparison, how well did the first slash album do or the recent Slash and the conspirators, did they equal CD? I doubt it. I like Contraband, liked a few from Libertad (get out the door is a great song) and Apocalyptic love had some cool moments so I'm not some Slash hater, I like to think I fall somewhere in the middle, I'm open to the idea that Slash lied about some facts and that Axl was a douche bag and allowed the band to fall apart because he couldn't get his shit together.

You say you're a Slash fan and then say he did nothing from '96-'03? OK. Hey, you know what Axl did during that same time period? Got himself arrested for having a pussy fit in an airport.

And it's your opinion he's made lower quality music since he left GNR, just like it's my opinion Axl has done the same. I'd put Street Child, Slither and Fall To Pieces on par with anything classic Guns, and over everything in nuGuns.