GNR Facebook status, Axl at the helm again ?

The problem now is, he is a Vegas wash-up. You could forgive his, transgressions, in the past, the riots and bullshit, because he always had his art and his voice, however, now both of those have deserted him, he has become impossible to defend. If the guy was kicking your arse every three-or-so years with new music, it would be a completely different story. It is like football teams: when they are winning, the fans are positive and content and the backroom politics, minimal, but, when they are losing it is an entirely different story!

The problem now is, he is a Vegas wash-up. You could forgive his, transgressions, in the past, the riots and bullshit, because he always had his art and his voice, however, now both of those have deserted him, he has become impossible to defend. If the guy was kicking your arse every three-or-so years with new music, it would be a completely different story. It is like football teams: when they are winning, the fans are positive and content and the backroom politics, minimal, but, when they are losing it is an entirely different story!

Vegas wash-ups don't headline festivals all over the world.

I'm not convinced this was totally penned by Axl himself but if it was following on the back of the superbowl rant he's certainly getting himself worked up for something. This tour could be good.....or a complete disaster! I'll be watching with interest either way. :-D

• Like 1

Guns N' Roses as a name headlines festivals cause what the old GnR did back in the day..Most of them want to see Axl and hear the legendary songs..

Guns N' Roses as a name headlines festivals cause what the old GnR did back in the day..Most of them want to see Axl and hear the legendary songs..
You're on a roll today. So he's a Vegas wash-up who is headlining some if the biggest concerts all over the world. Okay...

No, they headling bowling alleys!

It's amazing how over on Twitter they have so much more respect compared to the idiotic masses over on FaceBook who "like" their page just to insult them.

They get just as much shit on there as they do on FB.

Fernando actually got mad at me once for telling him to stop using the GNR page to tweet about the NFL page and start using the GNR page to give us updates on the band. He also said something to Russ after Russ called him out for updating us on Taylor Momsen's career. And aren't you the one who bragged about getting blocked by nearly every ex GNR member on Twitter by talking shit? Shut up.

"fighting the good fight".....

We're talking about music, right?

Seems like the dementia is really starting to set in.

Stop being so idiotic. It's a figure of speech.

"A figure of speech is the use of a word or a phrase, which transcends its literal interpretation. It can be a special repetition, arrangement or omission of words with literal meaning, or a phrase with a specialized meaning not based on the literal meaning of the words in it, as in idiom, metaphor, simile, hyperbole, personification, or synecdoche. Figures of speech often provide emphasis, freshness of expression, or clarity. However, clarity may also suffer from their use, as any figure of speech introduces an ambiguity between literal and figurative interpretation. A figure of speech is sometimes called a rhetorical figure or a locution."

Reads like Axl to me.

Maybe a tiny bit of the old fire us coming back to him. Maybe. A tiny bit.

Not enough fire to become a force of nature again. Not enough fire to stop treating GNR as a cover band. Maybe enough fire to slightly give a shit onstage, though. No rehearsals, of course. That would be insane.

It's amazing how over on Twitter they have so much more respect compared to the idiotic masses over on FaceBook who "like" their page just to insult them.

Fernando actually got mad at me once for telling him to stop using the GNR page to tweet about the NFL page and start using the GNR page to give us updates on the band. He also said something to Russ after Russ called him out for updating us on Taylor Momsen's career. And aren't you the one who bragged about getting blocked by nearly every ex GNR member on Twitter by talking shit? Shut up.

The two things the twitter account does that annoy me to no end are the Taylor Momsen updates followed closely with terrible puns on GN'R lyrics that have little to nothing to do with the subject they're tweeting about.

• Like 1

The two things the twitter account does that annoy me to no end are the Taylor Momsen updates followed closely with terrible puns on GN'R lyrics that have little to nothing to do with the subject they're tweeting about.
Russ please, Don't Damn Them :lol:

Seriously though, I agree. Its annoying as shit to see GNR updating us on Taylor's career instead of theirs.

• Like 1

Half the post looks like it might have been written by Axl and the other half by someone else. Also, doesn´t Axl put his name at the end of his texts, kind of "Peace, Axl" or something like that? :shrugs:

Yes, he usually does.

Still waiting for the one where he apologises for smearing shit over the GNR name by hiring DJ Ashba and that he has sent him packing...

edit: forgot the s on shit

Reported.

Thank God! What would we do if you hadn't reported this?

You're a hero. I bet the mayor of your town will be handing you the key to the city soon.

Still waiting for the one where he apologises for smearing shit over the GNR name by hiring DJ Ashba and that he has sent him packing...

edit: forgot the s on shit

Reported.

Thank God! What would we do if you hadn't reported this?

You're a hero. I bet the mayor of your town will be handing you the key to the city soon.

:rofl-lol:

It seems that Axl has spent his Birthday week running amuck on the interwebs... totally entertaining as always, Mr. Rose.

I enjoy the wordfinderpuzzlepieces that are Axl's posts... I don't care what they're about. It's just comforting to know he's got a pulse.

• Like 1