Could the current lineup of GNR adequately perform "Free Bird"?

I've been really digging into Skynyrd for the past week and man, "Free Bird" gets me every time. I think a rite-of-passage into manhood is playing it full blast while zooming down the highway in your car.

If you've followed my posts over the past few months, you may note that I'm usually not one for rock-n'-roll excess, but Skynyrd gets an exception because they were such a tight band. I've never seen a band that could effectively straddle three powerful guitarists so well (And the other members are no slouches either).

So when I was rocking out to them earlier, it made me wonder if everyone else's favorite three-guitar band could pull it off. If you want my honest opinion, I don't think GNR could simply because all of the members in the band flail in comparison to the members of Skynyrd in their prime. Sure, the vocals wouldn't be taxing on Axl, but "Free Bird" isn't about the vocals; it's a showcase for some jaw-dropping interplay with a red-hot band. I don't think any of them (Maybe save Richard and Ron) have either the proficiency or the fire needed to play it well.

As always, what do you think?

I mean, paradise city is pretty much their freebird. Everyone gets to masturbate all over the ending until there is music jizz everywhere.

Granted the attitude toward the set list seems to be "fuck it, why not" with all the meandering solos and covers so, fuck it, why not?

I saw Slash play Simple Man

that would be kinda cool.
It was. The entire Florida Theatre had lighters out and in the air and were singing along, it was pretty fuckin' cool. Slash's "Sailing" moment. And it was the only time he has played it.
That C, G, A progression in A minor was made for Slash. Would have loved to hear that.