Would an Axl Rose AMA @ Reddit work?

I think reddit is on Axl's shitlist after the "welcome to the jungle, we got tons of cake" meme was made. If I remember correctly, Richard said in an interview that it was hurtful. He didn't mention it explicitly, but he did make it clear what he was talking about.

No, for many, many obvious reasons. You need a thick skin or a very good ability to laugh at yourself and your failings - I've never thought that Axl was very good at taking criticisms, it would generate a lot of bad press as he would almost certainly answer a negative post and call someone out which would lead to another sensationalist headline "Axl Rose calls fan a cunt".

Stick to the forums, where we play with gloves on.

The average Gn'R fan doesn't know of or give a shit about anyone currently in the band other than Axl so no it probably wouldn't work for Axl since every other question would be about Slash.

Absolutely this.

People outside of hardcore GNR fandom have no idea how insane the whole GNR situation is, they will just ask the obvious questions that for some reason have never gotten a straight answer from Axl. And those are the questions he will doge. Reddit usually comes down hard on celebrities not answering a lot of the questions that everyone wants to know so unless Axl is willing to be more open in his answers I can't see it going well

Also Axl would have to be able to convey a serious point without it being a long winded barely-comprehensible cryptic message - and I don't see that happening

Edited by WhazUp

Many people anticipated hipsters destroying GNR's appearance at the Governors Ball. They - myself included - couldn't have been more wrong.

There is no reason why Axl couldn't host a good AMA. It's very clear that he takes himself less seriously these days. I'd say he could change a lot of perceptions.

If Axl made an "Ask Me Anything" at reddit, would it work? Several people like Obama, Trent Reznor, Bill Gates and Louis CK did. There are some really good ones like Snopp Dogg's and Bill Murray's. This is the list of the most viewed AMAs, just in case: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/top/

No

I think reddit is on Axl's shitlist after the "welcome to the jungle, we got tons of cake" meme was made. If I remember correctly, Richard said in an interview that it was hurtful. He didn't mention it explicitly, but he did make it clear what he was talking about.

oh booo hooo

Then Axl should jog on a little bit before he went to the next another cashgrab tour