Help needed

Guys I'm getting married in November...., evenyone knows my love for GnR ... My other half has put her foot down on most of the wedding stating no GnR mainly I wanted a tribute band for the reception. Ha

However she said I can write a GnR lyrics in the wedding invitations ...thinking wot should I have help would be grateful thanks

Guys I'm getting married in November...., evenyone knows my love for GnR ... My other half has put her foot down on most of the wedding stating no GnR mainly I wanted a tribute band for the reception. Ha

However she said I can write a GnR lyrics in the wedding invitations ...thinking wot should I have help would be grateful thanks

Put your foot down, you're the man of the relationship. Hire that GNR tribute band bro, and good luck in the treachous sea of horrors
  • Like 2

Pay no attention to the wedding-hating bitches. Being with a strong woman worked out well for both Slash and my husband. Look at it this way - if your soon-to-be wife was a die-hard Journey or REO Speedwagon fan, would you want a tribute of one of them playing all night at your reception? Let's be honest -weddings ARE about the bride. Guys are happy enough just standing in front of a Justice of the Peace in jeans and a flannel shirt. Yes, I love Guns but I wouldn't want a tribute band playing my reception. I want variety. So...fuck these guys. Do what makes you happy. You have the rest of your life asking her to make you a "sammich"; she gets one day to be a princess. Let her have it.

Weddings are not just about the bride yo, she's not the one who is being fitted for a ball and chain. (Also reminder Slash almost divorced his wife at least twice).

OP: If you do go through with the marriage, do what makes YOU happy at the reception. Don't let her dictate the whole thing, let your voice be heard. Hire a Guns tribute band.

Pay no attention to the wedding-hating bitches. Being with a strong woman worked out well for both Slash and my husband. Look at it this way - if your soon-to-be wife was a die-hard Journey or REO Speedwagon fan, would you want a tribute of one of them playing all night at your reception? Let's be honest -weddings ARE about the bride. Guys are happy enough just standing in front of a Justice of the Peace in jeans and a flannel shirt. Yes, I love Guns but I wouldn't want a tribute band playing my reception. I want variety. So...fuck these guys. Do what makes you happy. You have the rest of your life asking her to make you a "sammich"; she gets one day to be a princess. Let her have it.

Surprised you could type while having a thumb on your husbands head. Sounds like he makes the sammiches.

In all serious a GNR tribute band is you wanking off. The recption is not what you want or the wife. Its all the friends and family who have travelled miles to support you. Give them the reception with a DJ playing to there needs. Wifey can choose the first dance song.

Marriage takes a lot of "patience" from both...and I think DangerousCurves gave good advice...I've been married for 18 years and my wife still has regrets about little things (like the flowers for example) that didn't turn out just how she wanted them at our wedding. Me, I couldn't care less about the flowers, couldn't even tell you what kind/color we had...but she still thinks about how they weren't perfect. Let it be about her.

• Like 2

Marriage is about equal compromises. A guns tribute would be a little much, but guns lyrics in the invitation is a very nice compromise. Anything from November rain or patience will work.

As far as the song you dance to, make sure it's one you both like. It's a special moment.

• Like 3

Marriage is about equal compromises. A guns tribute would be a little much, but guns lyrics in the invitation is a very nice compromise. Anything from November rain or patience will work.

As far as the song you dance to, make sure it's one you both like. It's a special moment.

I agree with TeeJay...........a Wedding is one of the most important days in a woman's life IMHO so I would not push the tribute band and let her enjoy the wedding.......besides I doubt the older guests attending would appreciate hearing Guns and 80's hair metal blasted for several hours........trust me when I tell you the wedding reception is over in an eyeblink and if you do things right you will spend most of your time thanking people for coming.............

I agree with TeeJay...........a Wedding is one of the most important days in a woman's life IMHO so I would not push the tribute band and let her enjoy the wedding.......besides I doubt the older guests attending would appreciate hearing Guns and 80's hair metal blasted for several hours........trust me when I tell you the wedding reception is over in an eyeblink and if you do things right you will spend most of your time thanking people for coming.............

Absolutely. The wedding is for you, the reception is for everyone else.

• Like 2

Surprised you could type while having a thumb on your husbands head. Sounds like he makes the sammiches.

I like it when people make assumptions about me. In fact, my husband respects me as a strong, capable woman who gets shit done. He loves the fact that I am more than capable of standing on my own two feet, often times towing the line for friends and family who need it. He doesn't require my guidance, as I also respect him and his capabilities. He is likely the most intelligent man I know. As a Navy Chief, he has accomplished a lot in his career and after over 13 years of marriage, deployments, underways, duty station changes, etc, he appreciates the fact that I can keep everyone's shit together while he's gone. It takes a strong woman to do what I do. People who whine about "having a thumb on your husband's head" come off as weak. Take your ball and go home, kiddo.

I like it when people make assumptions about me. In fact, my husband respects me as a strong, capable woman who gets shit done. He loves the fact that I am more than capable of standing on my own two feet, often times towing the line for friends and family who need it. He doesn't require my guidance, as I also respect him and his capabilities. He is likely the most intelligent man I know. As a Navy Chief, he has accomplished a lot in his career and after over 13 years of marriage, deployments, underways, duty station changes, etc, he appreciates the fact that I can keep everyone's shit together while he's gone. It takes a strong woman to do what I do. People who whine about "having a thumb on your husband's head" come off as weak. Take your ball and go home, kiddo.
Ahh I've seen your type before. Thinking you wear your husbands rank. Gobbing off around the station and having a power trip over the other WAGs. Edited by Axl_morris

Ahh I've seen your type before. Thinking you wear your husbands rank. Gobbing off around the station and having a power trip over the other WAGs.

*watches the point fly right over your head*

Back to the thread -

I agree with TeeJay, foghat, and classicrawker. Do what you like for your bachelor party. The wedding really is her day.

I had the song November Rain playing during my wedding as all of the guests were arriving and taking their seats. It was great.

you could modify a lyric from Think About You a little...

"The love we share, is lovin' that'll last forever"