Did VH's "Atomic Punk" inspire the opening riff for Mr. Brownstone?

Can't hear the similarities.

I can hear it between Brownstown and Atomic Punk, but I would never call it a "rip off", I'd just called it "inspired by" as the OP did.

I cannot hear any sort of similarities between Brownstone and Walk This Way though.

Apart from the muted strings during the intro (even if APs is way more complicated than Brownstone's)I don't think the songs have anything in common. So I think it's a pretty weak evidence to conclude about any inspiration between them.

Don't wanna sound like a smart-ass but isn't Atomic Punk an album track, not a b-side?

Or was it both?

It's on the album, but I can't remember offhand if it was a B-side to one of the singles.

I don't hear anything between the two songs, except for muted strings as an intro which is more of a technique than anything. The rhythms are totally different.

• Like 1

Anyone have perfect pitch? How similar are the note progressions?

Also, some of the sound Eddie is getting is through phasing.

The chord progressions in either song hardly resemble one another, which is why I figured the topic was referring to the intro since they both make use of muted strings.

Eddie used a flanger on this track for the intro, but you're right, the phaser is a big part of Eddie's sound on this album, especially when it comes to the solos/Eruption.