How many former members of "new GNR" is Axl willing to work with again?

How can you say that Duff was a member of new guns n roses?

He was a founding member.

of new guns n roses?

Not the way I see things.

Remember how Axl talked about "alumni" on stage with him? Or are you just smartass/trolling your way around here.

I'm sorry that you don't know your Guns N' Roses history very well, but Duff was in the band with Robin as Axl's employee after Slash left the band. Same with Matt. Duff is a founding member of New Guns N' Roses whether you choose to accept it or not.
Duff McKagan was in this incarnation's original lineup, he's the one that suggested Robin as a replacement for Slash if I remember correctly. I'm sorry you don't like the idea that Duff was in new GNR.
  • Like 1

What exactly was the original lineup of this now hotly promoted "original new guns n roses", and what exactly did they do together if anything?

And how do you base your implication of new guns n roses being founded after Slash left? this is what I take you had to imply when you went after my question the way you did.

So very convenient of you to avoid the "alumni" point I made earlier, aswell.

Edited by phaeryen

of new guns n roses?

Remember how Axl talked about "alumni" on stage with him? Or are you just smartass/trolling your way around here.

I'm sorry that you don't know your Guns N' Roses history very well, but Duff was in the band with Robin as Axl's employee after Slash left the band. Same with Matt. Duff is a founding member of New Guns N' Roses whether you choose to accept it or not.
Duff McKagan was in this incarnation's original lineup, he's the one that suggested Robin as a replacement for Slash if I remember correctly. I'm sorry you don't like the idea that Duff was in new GNR.
Misquote?

What exactly was the original lineup of this now hotly promoted "original new guns n roses", and what exactly did they do together if anything?

And how do you base your implication of new guns n roses being founded after Slash left? this is what I take you had to imply when you went after my question the way you did.

Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy and Steven are the original new Guns lineup. Axl, Duff, Matt, Robin and Paul are the original post Slash new Guns lineup. Any alumni point you might have had flew right out the window when Slash left and Duff stayed on as an employee. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1

of new guns n roses?

Misquote?
IIRC, Duff had suggested Robin as a foil for Slash, but Axl said something along the lines of "no, he would be a great REPLACEMENT for Slash"

of new guns n roses?

Misquote?
IIRC, Duff had suggested Robin as a foil for Slash, but Axl said something along the lines of "no, he would be a great REPLACEMENT for Slash"
Yeah, and how does that disagree in any way with my post that you quoted?

Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy and Steven are the original new Guns lineup. Axl, Duff, Matt, Robin and Paul are the original post Slash new Guns lineup. Any alumni point you might have had flew right out the window when Slash left and Duff stayed on as an employee.

Ah, now I get the logic of your idiotry.

As for what is new Guns and what is old guns and/or original, I go by with what little Axl has said on the matter, you may keep your own fantasy distinctions and parameters.

Apparently you have too much of a hard on to make your aggressive fantasy stances to even take a moment to breathe and understand what I was pointing towards with the "alumni" thing.

Oh well.

reminds me of "new coke" lol

anyhow, I suppose any of the list could or would do a guest appearance with gn'r*

*except slash isn't welcome and bucket doesn't want to.

making an album? doubtful he can't even make an album with his own band or show up for a guest spot on a friend's album.

Edited by PITBOSS

of new guns n roses?

Misquote?
Yeah, and how does that disagree in any way with my post that you quoted?
I wasn't disagreeing? I was merely adding on some more info to what you had said
  • Like 1

of new guns n roses?

Misquote?

That was Matt, not Duff.

Sort of sad that this discussion is even taking place.

Arguing over which member was part of which band? From the Most Dangerous Band in the World with a debut album considered the best debut rock album of all time, followed up by a double-release that saw the band occupy the #1 and #2 spots on billboard at the same time..........to arguing about the revolving door of musicians that have been in and out of the band during Axl's attempt to keep the GnR name alive. It reminds me of when free agency took over sports. Before you'd have numerous players spend their entire careers with one team. Today, guys will play for 4-5 different teams. Your favorite team will have a different first baseman every year.

Right now we are all just emotionally investing into Axl Rose, not into Guns n Roses. Think how ridiculous this sounds, and how much fun you guys would make if Bon Jovi or Nickleback, if those guys went through as many band members has Axl has. But since it's Axl, you accept it. If it was BJ or Nickleback, you'd have a field day bashing them.

Which drummer was round during 2009? Was that the same drummer as in 2007? No, I think it was the guitar player who switched in 2008. No, not that guitar player, your thinking of the other guitar player who quit in 2010. No, that's the 3rd drummer your thinking of, not the 2nd guitar player who quit.

Watching that video where Axl tells Slash stories, you can tell he wants him back. He seems genuinely happy when talking about Slash. He would never admit it though. Gotta keep that image up for the public.

This is ridiculous that we have to sit here and name drop all these people. Who is Axl willing to work with? Should be Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, and Matt. I don't give two shits if Axl works with Robin or Buckethead again. Give me a GN'R album with the real lineup.

of new guns n roses?

But then, using your criteria, so was Slash. Slash - briefly - opted into the new band in 1996.

of new guns n roses?

But then, using your criteria, so was Slash. Slash - briefly - opted into the new band in 1996.

Yup, Slash was Axl's employee. Let's revise original post Slash New Guns to original post SI Guns so we can include Slash as a founding member of the second New Guns lineup.

When you think about it, newgnr are inherently a failure as it was never Axl's intention with the contract thing to replace the old guys with new guys. The only change he insisted on was Tobias for Gilby. Axl merely wanted to reduce Slash and Duff's founding status to hired hands - Sorum was already salaried. The upshot of it was, it bit Axl in the backside as Slash and Duff were aggrieved to such an extent that they quit. Axl honestly seems to have believed that Slash and Duff would accept kindly a position as an 'Axl Rose hireling', despite all those times in the club days, all the originals achieved! Astonishing hubris. And a band with players like Finck and Stinson in was basically, Axl making the best of a bad thing. 'Newgnr' is a patch-up exercise.

When you think about it, newgnr are inherently a failure as it was never Axl's intention with the contract thing to replace the old guys with new guys. The only change he insisted on was Tobias for Gilby. Axl merely wanted to reduce Slash and Duff's founding status to hired hands - Sorum was already salaried. The upshot of it was, it bit Axl in the backside as Slash and Duff were aggrieved to such an extent that they quit. Axl honestly seems to have believed that Slash and Duff would accept kindly a position as an 'Axl Rose hireling', despite all those times in the club days, all the originals achieved! Astonishing hubris. And a band with players like Finck and Stinson in was basically, Axl making the best of a bad thing. 'Newgnr' is a patch-up exercise.

Yeah but it's not like Duff, Slash etc. were good guys when Axl and his lawyers came about with the contract things. They were also extremely destructive forces at the time, particularly Slash, fucking off to do his half assed Snakepit things, drugfiending. They all destroyed the band everyone naturally expected to endure and continue. Just comes to show how trashy people we are talking about ultimately. I think they just never could rise up to the challenge their success presented them, maybe they never really deserved anything better.

Before they went for the adventures of the UYI tour, the band members needed to grow up as people, from a youthful state of mind into at least a little bit more of an adult/responsible mindset. Instead, they drugged up and stayed children. Thus far it seems like only Duff has really matured, Slash and Axl both seem like insufferable children inside their heads.

Edited by phaeryen

So you've come to the realization that everybody quit on Axl? Congrats and welcome to the 90's.