How many former members of "new GNR" is Axl willing to work with again?

Former "NewGNR" members

Duff

Matt

Josh

Brain

Bucket

Robin

How many of these people would Axl do an album or share the stage with again?

We know that Brain has recently worked for Axl - and was in the touring line-up as recent as 2006 - so it's very possible that he would either appear onstage with the band/record drums on a future album.

Duff has already appeared onstage with GNR, and actually opened for the band, so clearly he would return Axl's phone call on almost any subject. Axl and Sorum were reported to have resolved their differences in a limo so that's possible, too.

Josh, while extremely talented, is largely motivated by the paycheck. If Axl gave him the right fee, and a timeframe of work, he'd definitely get involved.

In relation to Robin, I would say that he still has a lot of affection for GNR. In fact, I know he does. Should NIN ever wrap up on any long-term basis, I believe that Axl could tempt Robin into working with him again.

Buckethead is somebody that I just cannot see working with GNR again. Reportedly, GNR went to every possible measure in 2006 (in a bid to get him back). Aside from speculation that he had a strained relationship with Tommy and Robin, I think he was extremely burned by being blamed for Lisboa 2004.

Just what is the extent of this, return, as I could not see Duff agreeing to become a 'newgnr hireling' (If he did, I would lose all respect for the guy). Also, Duff would not want to damage his friendship with Slash. I could never see him doing anything more than guest appearances for Axl.

How can anyone know Robin has affection for GNR? Are you close to Robin, NGOG? Can you provide a source?

About Slash and Duff being part of NewGNR... Just shows why Axl has not any motivation to work with the current guys. He had Duff and Slash, replaced them... So, his seconds best options were BH, Robin and Paul, they all quit, so now he's in his 3rd wave of options: BBF and Ashba. They were never part of his "vision" until he had no options. They all get along together and all but.... they are 3rd options, they probably have nothing to do with what Axl envisioned for NewGNR in the beginning.

When you think about it, newgnr are inherently a failure as it was never Axl's intention with the contract thing to replace the old guys with new guys. The only change he insisted on was Tobias for Gilby. Axl merely wanted to reduce Slash and Duff's founding status to hired hands - Sorum was already salaried. The upshot of it was, it bit Axl in the backside as Slash and Duff were aggrieved to such an extent that they quit. Axl honestly seems to have believed that Slash and Duff would accept kindly a position as an 'Axl Rose hireling', despite all those times in the club days, all the originals achieved! Astonishing hubris. And a band with players like Finck and Stinson in was basically, Axl making the best of a bad thing. 'Newgnr' is a patch-up exercise.

Great post.

It's funny to see people bashing Duff/Slash for walking out on Axl, and portraying Axl like this hero whose only goal in life was to keep the band GnR alive. And acting like Axl is the only one who cared about the band.

What is the one constant with GnR? Axl. Who has left or been fired?

Steven.

Izzy (Axl's best friend, by the way, also walked out),

Gilby,

Huge,

Matt,

Brain,

Slash,

Duff,

Bucket,

Finck,

Freese.,

Is that it?

That's 11 guys. At what point do you start pointing the blame at the one common denominator? At some point even the most die-hard Axl worshippers can't deny the facts.

That's 11 guys. At what point do you start pointing the blame at the one common denominator? At some point even the most die-hard Axl worshippers can't deny the facts.

I believe it is more related to the music business politics than Axl himself.

It's not easy being in GNR.

However the current lineup is the most stable lineup in GNR history, that's must say something.

However the current lineup is the most stable lineup in GNR history, that's must say something.

Why would "music business politics" apply to Guns n Roses at a level 1000 times more so than to other rock bands?

True.

While the current lineup might be the most stable lineup in GnR history, they haven't put out an album together. Since parting ways with the core group of Izzy/Slash/Duff, Axl has only released one album of material.

Wouldn't you, as possibly the biggest Axl worshipper in the world besides your bff Warchild, be more happy if Axl still operated like he did between 1987-1991? That Axl, working with a chaotic band, released four masterpiece albums in a five year period. Meanwhile, the most stable lineup in GnR history, hasn't released one album yet.

All forum idiotic crap aside, as a fan of Axl Rose the singer, how can this make you happy? OUR favorite rock singer has put out one album of original music in the last 20 years.

I'm somewhat glad that he has found happiness as a human being, he has a new adopted mother and family, he has a legion of worshippers following him around.........good for him. Everybody deserves some happiness in life.

But in terms of being a fan of Axl the singer???? As a fan of the man for 26 years, it's a damn shame that the guy doesn't care about sharing his music with his fans. One album in 20 years, in what should have been the peak of his career. The sad thing is that he won't be remembered as the greatest rock singer of all time, but instead as "he could have been the greatest of all time."

Why would "music business politics" apply to Guns n Roses at a level 1000 times more so than to other rock bands?

I would love to know the answer

Anyway of course I would love more music from Axl and GNR but there is nothing you or I can do to make that happen.

All we can do is support our favorite band through the good times and bad times.

I would love to know the answer

Anyway of course I would love more music from Axl and GNR but there is nothing you or I can do to make that happen.

All we can do is support our favorite band through the good times and bad times.

Axl.

Agree.

You and I just differ on what the word "support" means. I support.....but don't worship.

I'd venture to say if Slash/Duff/Izzy returned, or at least Slash, we'd have an album within a year. It would motive Axl and be what he has wanted all along: the old band back together. That was always his primary goal: to keep it all together. I guarantee his hatred is all an act. He doesn't hate Slash anymore and hasn't for years. He just doesn't want to admit it of course.

How can you say that Duff was a member of new guns n roses?

He was a founding member.

of new guns n roses?

Not the way I see things.

Remember how Axl talked about "alumni" on stage with him? Or are you just smartass/trolling your way around here.

I'm sorry that you don't know your Guns N' Roses history very well, but Duff was in the band with Robin as Axl's employee after Slash left the band. Same with Matt. Duff is a founding member of New Guns N' Roses whether you choose to accept it or not.

But then, using your criteria, so was Slash. Slash - briefly - opted into the new band in 1996.

Yup, Slash was Axl's employee. Let's revise original post Slash New Guns to original post SI Guns so we can include Slash as a founding member of the second New Guns lineup.

Oh fuck off you muppet

Yeah, this says MONEY,PAYCHECK,EMPLOYEE

How can you say that Duff was a member of new guns n roses?

He was a founding member.

of new guns n roses?

Not the way I see things.

Remember how Axl talked about "alumni" on stage with him? Or are you just smartass/trolling your way around here.

I'm sorry that you don't know your Guns N' Roses history very well, but Duff was in the band with Robin as Axl's employee after Slash left the band. Same with Matt. Duff is a founding member of New Guns N' Roses whether you choose to accept it or not.

But then, using your criteria, so was Slash. Slash - briefly - opted into the new band in 1996.

Yup, Slash was Axl's employee. Let's revise original post Slash New Guns to original post SI Guns so we can include Slash as a founding member of the second New Guns lineup.

Oh fuck off you muppet

Yeah, this says MONEY,PAYCHECK,EMPLOYEE

That isn't very nice tard boy. You better behave yourself before I have to give you the same verbal spanking that I always do.

I'd venture to say if Slash/Duff/Izzy returned, or at least Slash, we'd have an album within a year. It would motive Axl and be what he has wanted all along: the old band back together. That was always his primary goal: to keep it all together. I guarantee his hatred is all an act. He doesn't hate Slash anymore and hasn't for years. He just doesn't want to admit it of course.

Dude...

Axl is the worst and most miserable hatemonger I've ever read or known about outside fiction.

He keeps his grudges. And defines what he does and what he is largely through what he percieves his enemies to be and do.

Your guarantee is a joke.

That isn't very nice tard boy. You better behave yourself before I have to give you the same verbal spanking that I always do.

Insulting fellow members is still against the forum rules.

Everyone try to take it down a notch and make your points without these type of posts.