"Make sure he (Axl) is comfortable and happy"....which band member said this?

The question was something like "what's it like to play with the legendary Axl Rose" (Not an exact quote, it was a long audio interview with a lot of questions, but it was something like that).

"We try and make sure that he is comfortable and happy" (on stage during a show).

WHICH BAND MEMBER said that about Axl???

I just found it to be an interesting quote. That band members main goal on stage would be to make sure their singer was comfortable and happy. Gives a lot of credence to the fact that this really isn't a traditional band, but more of a singer and his backing band. Not saying that's a negative or positive. I don't really care who is in the band, as long as Axl is in it.

And it also tied into the interview from the 1992 interview that was recent posted where Axl said that Slash/Duff could be having a great time on stage, enjoying the energy and the crowd, while he (Axl) would be miserable and soaking in all the negativity.

That says something about his personality. In an equal footing situation, Axl feels like it's him versus the world. But when he has a band that bows down and their goal is to make sure HE is happy.....then he is content and happy with how things are going.

The fascinating part to that is in the first situation - where he wasn't happy - Axl and his band were the most successful and popular rock band around. Nobody was bigger than Axl and GnR. But now he is happy, even though GnR is thought of as a bit of a joke and they aren't 1/10th as successful as they used to be. Fame and fortune doesn't guarantee happiness.

Bumble recently said that, in the interview where he said he didn't want to betray axl by playing on the same stage as Slash.

The real Guns n' Roses doesn't exist anymore either. Despite that lead singer guy who still uses the name along with some hired hands.

You sure? I saw real GNR a few years ago, and they're getting ready to tour again
Must've been some coverband. Let me guess, the one with the 40 year old #demented #emo #douche pretending to be Slash?

The singer is shit though. He sounds like Axl and Mickey Mouse's lovechild.

This is a perfect example of a post that makes this place shit at times.

I will never understand why nothing is done about this bullshit.

I feel the same about 99% of your over the top shitposts Trollcano. Don't like a taste of your own medicine?

You won't see posts of mine stating Slash is a balding, rib fest playin', redundant pentonic scale playin', washed up wanna be rock star a million times a day. I keep that shit to myself.

See the difference?

What are you trying to prove by saying such things on a fan forum?

The problem wit what you said is... It's not true. Maybe he is balding, I haven't looked to be honest (surprised you have consider your stance on HATING SLASH). He is still riding high as far as I can see, still releases albums that get pretty decent reviews and sell ok, he also tours consistently and sells out most if not all the venues. His playing hasn't exactly changed much over the years, but do you honestly think Slash is going to start tapping now, 30+ years into his career? I preferred him back in the 90s when he was a bit more unhinged and raw but he still creates some cool solos... interesting solos!

By saying the above things, I pose to you the same question What are you trying to prove by saying such things on a fan forum?

Like it or not GnR fans on here are not all like you, we're able to enjoy both and not get caught up in the bullshit/feuds of our favourite artists.

And you are always in some way or another slating Slash, just to clear that up.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Volcano makes good, intelligent posts about Guns N' Roses, whereas you make cupcake posts like this calling them a cover band, etc. How is that a taste of his own medicine?

Are we talking about the same guy? Volcano is the guy that genuinely hates Slash more than Axl does and takes every chance he can to rip on him. He turns good threads into Axl vs Slash as soon as somebody fairly criticizes Axl, he keeps throwing around completely ridiculous opinions about old GnR and it's members while giving completely unrealistic praise to the current incarnation of the band. The guy is the biggest cupcake on this forum and has turned thread after thread to shit by acting like he can't even accept the smallest bit of fair criticism towards Axl or new GnR. Or he means it, which would be even more disturbing. In my not so humble opinion one of the worst members of this forum. The way he keeps accusing everybody of trolling as soon as they say something critical about GnR or Axl is beyond hypocritical.

I don't think he's a bad guy. Just mentally disabled.

What?

You fuckin' arse.

He's what, in his 30's? Anyone that old spending so much time trashing a guitarist who used to be in GNR (and quit almost 20 years ago) on a message board might have something wrong with them. I don't see how you're offended.

Do record sales even mean anything these days? CD was released in the height of the illegal downloading days. And I remember seeing something about it being one of the most downloaded albums of the year, so surely CD reached more people?

When do you ever hear it referenced? And I mean the music, not some joke about some long delayed thing being "the 'Chinese Democracy' of...".

When do you ever hear anyone talking about it? Who can even name you songs off it?

The album made very little impact outside already dyed in the wool true believers like us.