"L.A.!!! Deli!!!!" Kroll show clip

estrangedtwat

Comedian Nick Kroll has a sketch show on comedy central, and last week featured an 80's hair metal glam band called "Sloppy Secondz" performing their one-hit-wonder "L.A. Deli."

I figured you of all people might get a kick out of it.....the production values are really excellent; it really captures the aethestics of the era really well, especially the chorus yelling "L. A.!!!! De-lay!!!" while Kroll makes ridiculous David Lee Roth-esque faces at the camera in all his eyeliner'd flowing-neck-scarfed glory.

I think it's a funny little spoof and I hope you check it out! Who knows...most likely inspired by Canter's!?

("L.A.....Deli!! You don't have to be a jew to get your rock n' roll kibitz on!!")

Edited by estrangedtwat

• 11 months later...

The history of comedians and Canter's goes pretty far back.

“I had seen Lenny Bruce a number of times at Canter’s Deli, where he used to sit in a front booth with Phil Spector and eat knockwurst. I didn’t really talk with him until we opened for him at the Fillmore West in 1966. I met him in the lobby between sets and asked him to sign my draft card. He said no – he didn’t want to touch it.” - Frank Zappa