Do you think Guns n' Roses should secede from VEVO on youtube?

No, GNR are picky about their material. They must have a good deal with VEVO if they let them show the videos under the VEVO tag.

Go here and scroll down to the third fourth and fifth comment.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/05/03/vidzone-update-march-on-may-the-month-of-metal-madness/

It's a guy asking why there are no Guns N Roses videos on vidzone and another guy says it's Axl's fault he has the rights to the songs. Then an official play station or vidzond mod comes on and says that guy is correct. Axl and GNR management are picky about who they release their material to and that they are trying very hard to get these music videos up.

Vid zone is cool, it has Slash's live concerts up on their app, so I think the fact that there are no GNR music videos shows the difficulty in how the rights of the band are to obtain. So whatever deal VEVO made must be pretty special, so I see no reason for them to back out of it. I don't think there's a benefit to putting the videos up through someone else

Edited by IncitingChaos

They're getting money through it, and it's probably a Universal-related deal. Some bands are more active in putting stuff up on there, but it's a good way for Team Brazil to try to brag about how many hits a GNR video got on You Tube. I don't know why Making F-ing Videos isn't on there, or why Axl doesn't use it to post clips from different shows. The Garden and Yesterdays aren't a part of it.

Do music videos still have a purpose in attracting attention to a song? Or is it better to build a social community online and bring the music to them through TV and the internet? Some aspiring director's vision of a song and a band having fun playing movie star for a few days, doesn't always help the music sell, and sometimes the video can distract from the song.

Well, Axl could make the Sweet Child O' Mine video as he originally envisioned it.

Edited by dalsh327

They're getting money through it, and it's probably a Universal-related deal. Some bands are more active in putting stuff up on there, but it's a good way for Team Brazil to try to brag about how many hits a GNR video got on You Tube. I don't know why Making F-ing Videos isn't on there, or why Axl doesn't use it to post clips from different shows. The Garden and Yesterdays aren't a part of it.

Do music videos still have a purpose in attracting attention to a song? Or is it better to build a social community online and bring the music to them through TV and the internet? Some aspiring director's vision of a song and a band having fun playing movie star for a few days, doesn't always help the music sell, and sometimes the video can distract from the song.

Well, Axl could make the Sweet Child O' Mine video as he originally envisioned it.

How did he envision it then ?

How did he envision it then ?

Probably with dolphins.......

• Like 1

It would be good if the OP provided a basis for a such an illogical move. They, GNR, have a reserved place in the history of music video. VEVO is the most effective way of reminding people that.

VEVO is the most accessible medium.

• Like 1

Sweet Child was envisioned as a video with an Asian baby going through customs with his mom and at the end of the video you find out the baby was just stuffed with cocaine or something creepy like that.

Axl said the record company said no.

He mentioned this vision for the video on TMS 2011

Thanks! I think I prefer the existing video :lol:

Maybe Axl wants people to forget the old videos and the old band, but VEVO offered them a good deal. Each time the video is watched, don't the old members get some royalties too?

That said, forgetting the old band isn't going to happen. He could make the new band remembered, but he needs to release music and videos for that to happen. We didn't get any videos with CD, we were supposed to get one for at least CITR and Better, and it's hard to imagine there not being one for CD, the title track.

It would be good if the OP provided a basis for a such an illogical move.

Because I don't like the word VEVO. And I don't like it appended to the band's name. It should just "GunsNRoses" not "GunsNRosesVEVO." That's lame.

They, GNR, have a reserved place in the history of music video.

Yes, we know. I didn't say "remove the videos forever." I said repost them. You saw that, right?

VEVO is the most effective way of reminding people that.

Is that so? So you're saying it's more effective than, say, just uploading the videos under a different account? Perhaps you've heard of the record company EMI? They upload all their artists' videos under the "emimusic" account. Why is VEVO better than them? Do you work for VEVO or something?

VEVO is the most accessible medium.

I would remind you that Youtube is the "most accessible medium," not VEVO.

Sweet Child was envisioned as a video with an Asian baby going through customs with his mom and at the end of the video you find out the baby was just stuffed with cocaine or something creepy like that.

Axl said the record company said no.

He mentioned this vision for the video on TMS 2011

Thanks! I think I prefer the existing video :lol:

That should show you that some of Axls visions are best left in his head.(like Chinese Democracy for instance)

The video for SCOM when it hit was a huge draw and it drew in people that were largely indifferent to the hard rock genre. Edgy Raw and at the same time sweet. Like the song or hate it.. it took GNR to the moon after that. When I came back to college that year people were playing that song all the time. It would come on in the common room of our dorms and people would drop everything to go see it.