Duff McKagan to play with Guns N' Roses in Brazil? [RUMOR/SPECULATION ONLY]

I really doubt it. But can you imagine how butthurt the reunionists would be? :lol:

What exactly does butthurt mean?

And why would people who want the old band to reform (the band that released four amazing albums in five years) be "butthurt" if one of the original members shared the stage with Axl? Wouldn't they be happy to see that happen? And as somebody associated with this forum, why would you choose to flame the flames on here?

• Like 2

And why would people who want the old band to reform (the band that released four amazing albums in five years) be "butthurt" if one of the original members shared the stage with Axl?

I just answered that question. The reason why the "classic" version of GNR doesn't exist anymore - broadly speaking of course - is because Slash, Duff and Matt were uncomfortable with the concept of a "new partnership" created by Axl.

Should Duff perform as GNR in South America, he is validating that "new partnership". He would be joining what many reunionists regard as a "pseudo-Guns N' Roses".

But us fans would embrace this not be "butthurt" so your statement still doesn't make sense.

Exactly.

The majority of music fans and GnR fans aren't obsessed with the Axl-vs-Slash feud like a small group of posters on this forum are. We don't view Slash as a cancer, just because Axl doesn't like him.

I've seen Izzy take the stage with the new band. I've seen Duff take the stage with the new band. I wasn't "butthurt" for a second. Thought it was cool to see members from the classic line-up having fun together. Oddly enough, and I can only speak for the people who were sitting around me at the various shows, I didn't see anybody get mad or throw a fit when Izzy/Duff came out and played.

Most people have opinions that aren't solely based around what Axl Rose thinks. Axl and Slash made a magical team, they were one of the best 1-2 punches of all time in rock music. So I'd love to see those two share the stage again. Not sure how or why that would offend or make anybody mad. Course, I don't understand how complete strangers can "hate" a rock guitar player.

Izzy played with GnR.......didn't hear about a huge backlash, didn't see tons of "reunion" news start, didn't see the current band complaining about it.

Duff played with GnR...........didn't hear about a huge backlash, didn't see tons of "reunion" news start, didn't see the current band complaining about it.

Didn't Finck play a couple songs with the band last year or was that just a rumor?

The world isn't going to end, GnR isn't going to explode, if Slash joins the band for a song or two one night. The only "explosion" will be from 7-8 posters on a couple different GnR forums. The other 99.99999% of the rock world would just enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

Duff is the only one who could convince Axl that Slash is not evil and to work with him again. I don't think Axl would want to have anyone but Duff on bass if Tommy leaves/doesn't do the tour. How can anyone else do the job as good as Duff?? In my humble opinion, this is what Axl wants.

Duff is the only one who could convince Axl that Slash is not evil and to work with him again. I don't think Axl would want to have anyone but Duff on bass if Tommy leaves/doesn't do the tour. How can anyone else do the job as good as Duff?? In my humble opinion, this is what Axl wants.

Slash will never be employed by Axl ever again. Let it go.

But it's more than that. Axl would make it a real band again if he could have the original lineup. He doesn't give a damn about the guys he has now. He'd kick them to the curb in a heartbeat if Slash/Duff/Izzy called and said they wanted to reunite the band.

And why would people who want the old band to reform (the band that released four amazing albums in five years) be "butthurt" if one of the original members shared the stage with Axl?

I just answered that question. The reason why the "classic" version of GNR doesn't exist anymore - broadly speaking of course - is because Slash, Duff and Matt were uncomfortable with the concept of a "new partnership" created by Axl.

Should Duff perform as GNR in South America, he is validating that "new partnership". He would be joining what many reunionists regard as a "pseudo-Guns N' Roses".

Izzy has joined the band many times. I didn´t see people complaning about it. Why would they complaint about Duff? We´re talking about a show or two. Duff won´t be a permanet member again unless there is a reunion of the original band. He has his own band. So he is also busy with that.

Yeah i would dig Duff coming in and playing. Why not? It would be something fun to see. Problem is that it fuels reunion hopes and lord knows... We need more reunion speculation here at MYGNR.Com-

If theres one thing we lack here on this board its Whos better Slash or ? and Reunion Rumours, speculation an outright hostility threads.

Slash will never be employed by Axl ever again. Let it go.

Dunno about that, I think Slash would consider it (Slash loves money, and fame... A reunion even under Axl terms means a boat load of money), but it's probably ten years from happening if it ever happens. Perla will probably make Slash visit Axls house again someday in the hope that she can get her hands on all that reunion money, and the credit for uniting Slash and Axl would be pretty great too.

Slash could play any of those solos. Take a look at some stuff on Youtube from the past few years, especially when he does the Godfather theme/guitar solo. He can shred with the best of them.

shred? It's not about hamer ons /offs or playing the same riff faster. Even ashba can do that, and worse than Slash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_JGhml_Hc

Edited by bumblecool

What did you hear pre-RIR?

I heard Axl contacted a Samba school for a surprise guest appearance in a song. And that was from Ego, Globo. :P

Don't even joke with that :o

If that ever happens I quit being a GNR fan :lol:

I swear I read that! And they even mentioned it happened before in 2001 and I even made a thread about it here, I think :D

Duff said in an interview that it was a mistake when he took the stage with GnR a few years ago. And to be clear- he said that because afterwards, he was inundated with reunion inquiries.

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/25/guns-n-roses-reunion-was-a-mistake/

So I reeeeeeally doubt he's going to fill in for Tommy.

Lies. He joined the band a year after london and also supported. He regrets nothing.

Duff said in an interview that it was a mistake when he took the stage with GnR a few years ago. And to be clear- he said that because afterwards, he was inundated with reunion inquiries.

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/25/guns-n-roses-reunion-was-a-mistake/

So I reeeeeeally doubt he's going to fill in for Tommy.

Lies. He joined the band a year after london and also supported. He regrets nothing.

The bottom line is, he's not going to fill in for Tommy for an entire gig. It's preposterous. S'all I'm sayin.