Duff McKagan to play with Guns N' Roses in Brazil? [RUMOR/SPECULATION ONLY]

I do not know if that is true. There is clear chronological problem with 11th and 12th April (Stinson could actually make both gigs however, he will certainly be tired) and with both tours extending into May (Replacements play, May 9th; GN'R, 16th) it is obvious that two tours are being booked for the same period with no co-ordination between the two. It is, a crisis of interest for, Mr Stinson, and it is not unreasonable to speculate whether or not he will be able to play both tours.

I do not know if that is true. There is clear chronological problem with 11th and 12th April (Stinson could actually make both gigs however, he will certainly be tired) and with both tours extending into May (Replacements play, May 9th; GN'R, 16th) it is obvious that two tours are being booked for the same period with no co-ordination between the two. It is, a crisis of interest for, Mr Stinson, and it is not unreasonable to speculate whether or not he will be able to play both tours.

There is only one conflicting date that falls on consecutive days so far the 11th and the 12th.

I simply don't see where It is that dire of a situation, some people already have Duff rejoined all over a simple single inconvenient date :shrugs:

Who said Duff wanted to play bass in GN'R again?

He never has publicly. But my gut feeling says at this point in his life he might want to be apart of the band that he helped create again. He has always been the most "pro Axl" of all the classic members. Well Izzy is also, but who knows what is going on in his mind, lol. Considering that Duff jammed with nugnr in its early stages speaks volumes. Plus he was in favor of the musical direction that Axl was heading. People forget but he also was against Slash's 95' material, it wasn't just Axl.

Of course this is all just speculation, but how awesome would it be to just have Duff back? I would still miss Slash, but Duff is the man. His stage presence alone is double Tommy's. Alan Niven even said in one of his interviews that it was Duff and Izzy that he really loved about gnr. He said obviously Axl and Slash were stars, but the fact that Izzy and Duff were so awesome also really made gnr shine. Duff is not just some dude playing bass, he is a star in his own right also, certainly out shining Tommy. Plus his punk influence was huge in gnr's sound.

I think all the old guys would love to reunite with Axl...........but only if he was willing to write and record and RELEASE new music with them. Besides Adler, I don't think any of the old guys are desperate for money, so I doubt they would rejoin GnR just to tour and collect a paycheck.

He never has publicly. But my gut feeling says at this point in his life he might want to be apart of the band that he helped create again. He has always been the most "pro Axl" of all the classic members. Well Izzy is also, but who knows what is going on in his mind, lol. Considering that Duff jammed with nugnr in its early stages speaks volumes. Plus he was in favor of the musical direction that Axl was heading. People forget but he also was against Slash's 95' material, it wasn't just Axl.

Of course this is all just speculation, but how awesome would it be to just have Duff back? I would still miss Slash, but Duff is the man. His stage presence alone is double Tommy's. Alan Niven even said in one of his interviews that it was Duff and Izzy that he really loved about gnr. He said obviously Axl and Slash were stars, but the fact that Izzy and Duff were so awesome also really made gnr shine. Duff is not just some dude playing bass, he is a star in his own right also, certainly out shining Tommy. Plus his punk influence was huge in gnr's sound.

I think all the old guys would love to reunite with Axl...........but only if he was willing to write and record and RELEASE new music with them. Besides Adler, I don't think any of the old guys are desperate for money, so I doubt they would rejoin GnR just to tour and collect a paycheck.

I don't agree with that at all. I think they would all like to do one last GNR tour, well all except Izzy. Not being desperate for money doesn't mean they wouldn't want that huge check that would come from such a tour. I do agree that Slash wouldn't want to participate in the endless touring GNR does today, because he likes to write and record, but I don't think making new music would be a condition for any of the guys to do a reunion. If they did a reunion tour the focus would be on the old songs anyway, so no one (in the band) would be complaining.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Ha the original guys will never come back.

Axl would have to fire his current employees, dissolve GNR as a business, re-incorporate as a business with Duff and Slash as equal partners, fire Beta and Fernando from management, get actual management, and never play Chinese Democracy songs on stage again. The original band isn't going to get up there and play Chinese songs.

These things will never happen, and therefore, GNR will never reunite. GNR is whomever is currently on Axl's payroll.

• Like 1

Ha the original guys will never come back.

Axl would have to fire his current employees, dissolve GNR as a business, re-incorporate as a business with Duff and Slash as equal partners, fire Beta and Fernando from management, get actual management, and never play Chinese Democracy songs on stage again. The original band isn't going to get up there and play Chinese songs.

These things will never happen, and therefore, GNR will never reunite. GNR is whomever is currently on Axl's payroll.

No shit?

I don't agree with that at all. I think they would all like to do one last GNR tour, well all except Izzy. Not being desperate for money doesn't mean they wouldn't want that huge check that would come from such a tour. I do agree that Slash wouldn't want to participate in the endless touring GNR does today, because he likes to write and record, but I don't think making new music would be a condition for any of the guys to do a reunion. If they did a reunion tour the focus would be on the old songs anyway, so no one (in the band) would be complaining.

I could only see that happening if they were all equal members of the band.

Would Axl be willing to relinquish his role as the GnR dictator and allow the guys to be equal members?

If that happened.......then maybe the old guys would get together for one last tour as a treat to the fans and to pad their retirement accounts?

But neither of us can really say one way or the other what four different musicians are thinking or would be willing to do. We don't really know if they'd be happy just touring 20 year old songs or if they'd want to record another album together. Maybe they'd love to go tour, or maybe they wouldn't want to reunite just to be a nostalgic act like the band currently is. Wonder if we'll ever get an answer to this disagreement?

I don't agree with that at all. I think they would all like to do one last GNR tour, well all except Izzy.

izzy wants a gnr reunion, he's been pushing for it behind the scenes, he said it in several interviews

But if it were to occur, you would consider the possibility of a reunion?

Izzy: “Yes, of course. I wrote a great deal of that material."

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.es/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

When Duff played with GN'R a couple of years ago I believe it was just a spur of the moment kinda thing. (They were staying in the same hotel or something to that effect)

Even with that being said, had he and Slash been staying in the same hotel room it's not like they would have gotten on stage together. Same goes for Matt and Steven.

Axl will play with Izzy and Duff, and I think it ends there. The only reason I'm not even remotely ruling rumor out is that at the end of the day, Axl still likes Duff.

I don't agree with that at all. I think they would all like to do one last GNR tour, well all except Izzy.

izzy wants a gnr reunion, he's been pushing for it behind the scenes, he said it in several interviews

But if it were to occur, you would consider the possibility of a reunion?

Izzy: “Yes, of course. I wrote a great deal of that material."

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.es/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

"Pushing for it behind the scenes" is considerably different than "if it were to occur".

Mods:

Any re-cap for those of us that don't want to read 10 pages of what's likely............nothing?

Speculation. Apparently a Brazilian promoter said there's a possibility Duff will replace Tommy.

There have been many news of a Guns N' Roses concert in Recife (northeast of Brazil), and today the promoters released a note saying that they were hading a hard time closing the deal because Tommy wouldn't be avaiable, he would be busy playing Lollapalooza with The Replacements, but that there's a chance Duff will replace him. That would be on April 17th and there may be another concert on the northeast at Fortaleza.

There is nothing here to convince me that this is anything more than the promoters trying to sell more tickets.

I'm not comfortable with this thread staying open until there's any actual evidence to suggest this is true. If there is any kind of reliable source to add to this, PM me and I'll unlock it.

• Like 1