Download Festival promoter is open to GNR headlining again

Guest NGOG

http://www.rocksins.com/2014/02/interview-download-festival-promoter-andy-copping-19618/

You’ve been doing this for twelve years now and I’m guessing there still must be a few bands you haven’t managed to get, either at headline level or in general that you’d still like to get? I know in the past you’ve mentioned The Foo Fighters, are there any others?

Andy: There’s a number of bands really. You’re right about Foo Fighters, I’d love to get Muse, I’d love to get Greenday, Blink 182. I’d love if it Led Zeppelin reformed and we got a reformed Led Zeppelin. I’d love to do an original line up of Guns N’Roses…

Rock Sins: Would you not do Guns N’Roses again after 2006 unless it was the original line up?

Andy: Part of me would say yes to that, and would definitely prefer to wait until it was the original line up, but then the other part of me would say that Guns N’Roses as they are now are still a big act, selling out arenas and headlining festivals in other parts of the world. So you can never say no.
Rock Sins: No, of course.

Andy: But certainly my preference would be, and most people’s preferences would be, to see the line up with Axl, Duff, Slash, Izzy, Matt Sorum on drums, I think Steven Adler isn’t 100% together but wouldn’t it be great if he came out and did a couple of numbers. That, a lot of people would love to see. I certainly would love to see it. But I couldn’t rule out ever having Guns N’Roses as they currently are again.

Rock Sins: Fair enough.

Thank you to the newly opened GNRTruth for finding this story!

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 1

it's better to wait until the original line-up comes back

Ah, I guess some people do think that way. Since the likelihood of a reunion happening is at 0.01% I think promoters should take what they can get.

if i was a festival manager, i would never make a deal with something as artificial and fake as nugnr, because it would be a lack of respect for the audience of my festval.

we all should have ethic in life.

:rofl-lol:

Victory or Death!!!

Dude, go check out that site. It's pretty ............I don't know if I would describe it as hilarious or disgusting. It's basically a site for people like Warchild and Wf*ck to worship Axl's every move and to bash all of Axl's "enemies." They are absolutely destroying Stephanie in one topic, calling her a liar, a bitch, etc.

It's funny how a few people say there are no such things as Axl worshippers and nutters. I guess I can just link them to this website!!!!

Celebrity worship is just creepy as can be. When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

Victory or Death!!!

Dude, go check out that site. It's pretty ............I don't know if I would describe it as hilarious or disgusting. It's basically a site for people like Warchild and Wf*ck to worship Axl's every move and to bash all of Axl's "enemies." They are absolutely destroying Stephanie in one topic, calling her a liar, a bitch, etc.

It's funny how a few people say there are no such things as Axl worshippers and nutters. I guess I can just link them to this website!!!!

Celebrity worship is just creepy as can be. When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

Everything creeps you out.

Victory or Death!!!

I actually checked it out, and the Steph thread is the one I saw. First and last time I ever visit that site. Abhorrent.

When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

While that mentality isn't healthy, neither is yours. Instead of editing your opinions to "please" Axl, which is one irrational extreme, you condition your opinion to the opposite extreme. In other words, you oppose absolutely every word or action by Axl Rose - without actually considering the subject objectively. The two biggest culprits of such a mentality are you and JB.

I mean, you were literally defending Stephanie Seymour posing erotically with her sons (just to spite the "Axl fans").

• Like 2

NGOG, next time please avoid to post links provided by shitty free boards that allow the registration of people with mental illness, please. Thanks.

I will always credit the finder of a story, mate.

Victory or Death!!!

I actually checked it out, and the Steph thread is the one I saw. First and last time I ever visit that site. Abhorrent.

Had exactly the same experience. Feel pretty dirty after visiting there.

When you start basing your own opinions around what a rock singer thinks or what makes him look good or bad.....it's just creepy.

While that mentality isn't healthy, neither is yours. Instead of editing your opinions to "please" Axl, which is one irrational extreme, you condition your opinion to the opposite extreme. In other words, you oppose absolutely every word or action by Axl Rose - without actually considering the subject objectively. The two biggest culprits of such a mentality are you and JB.

Oh stop. Groghan gets annoying with saying the same line about not basing opinions on what Axl likes in EVERY friggin' post, but dude likes CD more than a lot of people did. It's not like people WANTED this incarnation of the band to be one long, painful, unfunny joke. It's just the way things wound up. Expectations have been lowered to the point where Axl tweeting about giraffe burgers is considered a victory. Yeah.

• Like 1

NGOG, next time please avoid to post links provided by shitty free boards that allow the registration of people with mental illness, please. Thanks.

I will always credit the finder of a story, mate.

And with that, you're promoting that piece of shit of a site. I would rather not have "news" than to give credit to a site filled with retarded people that at the same time, hate on this site and its moderating team.

And if axl reads this he will never accept to play there again

Axl knows what donnington represents, he would want to play there so Guns as they are today could have a brilliant show that people talk about for years. That's what he would want, In reality GnR at download is always going to be met with hecklers just like in 2006. The festival is full of real fans (good) want to enjoy themselves and listen to the music, and meat heads (bad) that just want to piss on the band (or throw piss, and Tommy's not gonna take it ;) Regardless of guns coming out and playing at their best they would still have to work their balls off to win over the download crowd just like last time, and the reviews would say the same thing "dropped off towards the middle, and never really regained it's momentum". I kinda agree with that line, Most GnR shows have great starts and endings but they faff about a bit too much in the middle. Download waned because people kept heckling and trowing shit until they had no choice but to walk off and let things cool down or "sort out technical difficulties".

I would much rather watch any incarnation of GnR over Pendulum or The prodigy

She can grab my balls any day. I won't even bring the kitty litter. :lol:

No matter how hot she is and the things I would do to her, I wouldn't let anyone grab my balls. The other day my girlfriend did by accident and I was in pain for 4 hours. It's not even funny. :cry:

I didn't even know you had balls :awesomeface: