La Bella Vita (New DJ Solo)

I just dont get why everone thinks this is bad....

I never fully understand the whole hate on ashba. Robin butchered slash on november rain and loads of songs. He had all the hate on this forum in 06. Funny how he gets some sort of nostalgia fandom a few years later.

DJ is a bit of a sellout but his ability is nothing to get worked up about. Especially in a band with 3 guitarists.

A least the song is melodic and not pointless shredding like every other metal band out there.

Edited by Axl_morris

I just dont get why everone thinks this is bad....

I never fully understand the whole hate on ashba. Robin butchered slash on november rain and loads of songs. He had all the hate on this forum in 06. Funny how he gets some sort of nostalgia fandom a few years later.

DJ is a bit of a sellout but his ability is nothing to get worked up about. Especially in a band with 3 guitarists.

A least the song is melodic and not pointless shredding like every other metal band out there.

It's bad cause it's bad, I think it sucks musically, call it whatever you want. First time in the 'solo trilogy' that DJ seems completely lost.

I don't hate Ashba, but he just looks like a poser and his guitar playing is not good enough imo. And just because there are 3 guitarists in Guns, doesn't mean one of them gets a free pass to play like shit. Robin was sloppy yes, but at least he brought something of value to the table. An original style, a few really cool bluesy solo spots, and his playing on the Chinese stuff was mostly great live.

Robin gets love cause he was a big part of the album, and Better takes a central role on Chinese and he came up with it. He deserves the respect imo, but I'm very biased cause I love him as a musician.

Whatever the fuck DJ played there, It wasn't pointless shredding, just pointless. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim

@wfuckinga

What do you mean "for DJ it's not that bad"? Are we judging him on the retard scale? OK, if he were retarded, which I guess is possible, it's not that bad. And no, it's not better that the TIL solo; it's just better than his shitty rendition of Robin's terrific solo. This guy is terrible is every way imaginable, and you guys can talk shit about the guitarist who wrote and played almost every one of GNR's well known riffs and solos all you want, doesn't change the joke that everyone knows DJ to be.

Edit: goddamn quotes

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Yeah I just saw this. I'm not the type of guy who catches every opportunity to bash him, but I really hope that he didn't write this for Gn'R. And I also really hope that this is not the type of song that he allegedly showed to Axl and that Axl loved.

This.

Each of his solos are worse than the previous one.

And this.

@wfuckinga

What do you mean "for DJ it's not that bad"? Are we judging him on the retard scale? OK, if he were retarded, which I guess is possible, it's not that bad. And no, it's not better that the TIL solo; it's just better than his shitty rendition of Robin's terrific solo. This guy is terrible is every way imaginable, and you guys can talk shit about the guitarist who wrote and played almost every one of GNR's well known riffs and solos all you want, doesn't change the joke that every knows DJ to be.

Edit: goddamn quotes

Hey at least they didn't call Slash a junkie this time :lol:

I don't care about DJ, his music, his looks. He's the complete opposite of what I consider a good musician is. These solos are just him playing around at the studio, they will never be GNR songs... Good or bad, they have no impact on me or my perception of GNR, NuNuGnr, etc...

If Slash released this all of his nutters would be creaming in excitement.

Find me one poster who think Slash's post Guns output is universally great. Just one.

You know, the way you always respond to my posts is rather creepy.

JK :D

Edited by Coma16

Find me one poster who think Slash's post Guns output is universally great. Just one.

Just name the Slash nutter he asked and prove your point...

Just name the Slash nutter he asked and prove your point...

That was a serious question??? Are you new here or something???

Personally, the new solo didn’t do anything for me. Ballad of Death is by far the strongest solo by Ashba. That I said, I still prefer just about every solo on Chinese.

Edited by NGOG