Slash talks Axl no-show at Guns N' Roses Hall of Fame induction

How many Chinese Democracy type albums do you think it would take to make Slash a minor footnote? :lol:

Just 1 more

I can only assume this imaginary recording was a shitload better and more successful than ChiDem? Because that certainly didn't diminish Slash's legacy as a band member. If anything, it enhanced it.

Everyone that hates CD will be the first to admit the guitar work is not the problem.

Guitarists who wrote the stuff on CD aren't in the band anymore. And no, Bumblefoot re-recording a solo and a half doesn't count.

Better re-learn to read your liner notes. Ron played his own parts on every song on the album. In fact, the only people that weren't featured prominently were DJ and Frank. Whether you like Ron's contributions or not is something only you care about. :shrugs:

Yeah, this may be true - but can anyonesay this is what he contributed to each song? The songs were written and recorded long before he came in the fold - to me it seems like his contributions are the same as changing the color of a houses paint job after it was already built.....mere cosmetics....letme know the next time he comes up with an iconic intro or riff like wttj, scom, pc or an iconic solo like scom, nr, estranged, etc or an outro like PC, coma, nighttrain etc. -- dude's been in the band for 6 years and I still couldnt tell anyone what his contribution to CD was and I doubt anyone here could either.

Actually, it's pretty damn easy to tell what he added for the vast majority of the album. Anything fretless = Ron. Anything that wasn't there in the leaks = Ron. Need any more help?

Actually, it's pretty damn easy to tell what he added for the vast majority of the album. Anything fretless = Ron. Anything that wasn't there in the leaks = Ron. Need any more help?

at least we know why the leaks sound better than the album

You want me to argue with your opinion or something? Sorry to let you down, but it doesn't mean shit to me. :shrugs:

You want me to argue with your opinion or something? Sorry to let you down, but it doesn't mean shit to me. :shrugs:

:lol:

My point was that they weren't old enough to realize what was going on at the time and now they wanna tell people what Gn'R was like back in the day. I don't go on Rolling Stones forums trying to tell people what they were like back in the day. I may have been alive in the 70's but I wasn't actively following the band. Anyone can be a major fan regardless of age. I just find it funny that the majority of Gn'R-educators ™ and Slash bashers tend to be on the younger side.

A bit odd to think that some of the 30-something fans of Appetite back in '87 - people not much older than some of the users here - are now buying birthday presents for their granchildren and approaching retirement. Crazy.

is it that crazy ? i mean, take a look at axl... he could be a grandfather and he's approaching retirement

50 isn't that old in the entertainment industry. look at tom cruise, brad pitt, et al.

My point was that they weren't old enough to realize what was going on at the time and now they wanna tell people what Gn'R was like back in the day. I don't go on Rolling Stones forums trying to tell people what they were like back in the day. I may have been alive in the 70's but I wasn't actively following the band. Anyone can be a major fan regardless of age. I just find it funny that the majority of Gn'R-educators and Slash bashers tend to be on the younger side.

A bit odd to think that some of the 30-something fans of Appetite back in '87 - people not much older than some of the users here - are now buying birthday presents for their granchildren and approaching retirement. Crazy.

is it that crazy ? i mean, take a look at axl... he could be a grandfather and he's approaching retirement

50 isn't that old in the entertainment industry. look at tom cruise, brad pitt, et al.

If you're a man or you can carve yourself a niche in matriarchal roles ;-)

We don't "know" that. It's just your preference. To me, the leaks sound like shit compared to the finished product.

Edited by Rovim

SLASH what happened to closing the book on Guns and not talking about it in interviews anymore?

The problem is I'm sure he's constantly asked about Guns....

"No Comment" is a great answer to those questions.

Wow. Dictating to an artist what he can and can't say.......your sense of entitlement is ridiculous. If you don't like the guy, don't follow his career. (Or, basically, follow the same advice you give to people who don't like your God Axl). :thumbsup:

How many Chinese Democracy type albums do you think it would take to make Slash a minor footnote? :lol:

Just 1 more

I can only assume this imaginary recording was a shitload better and more successful than ChiDem? Because that certainly didn't diminish Slash's legacy as a band member. If anything, it enhanced it.

Everyone that hates CD will be the first to admit the guitar work is not the problem.

Guitarists who wrote the stuff on CD aren't in the band anymore. And no, Bumblefoot re-recording a solo and a half doesn't count.

Better re-learn to read your liner notes. Ron played his own parts on every song on the album. In fact, the only people that weren't featured prominently were DJ and Frank. Whether you like Ron's contributions or not is something only you care about. :shrugs:

Yeah, this may be true - but can anyonesay this is what he contributed to each song? The songs were written and recorded long before he came in the fold - to me it seems like his contributions are the same as changing the color of a houses paint job after it was already built.....mere cosmetics....letme know the next time he comes up with an iconic intro or riff like wttj, scom, pc or an iconic solo like scom, nr, estranged, etc or an outro like PC, coma, nighttrain etc. -- dude's been in the band for 6 years and I still couldnt tell anyone what his contribution to CD was and I doubt anyone here could either.

Yeah, what the fuck does a fretless guitar sounds like cause I'm not a fucking guitarist -- I think your missing the point -- you know the intor to WTTJ and you know who plays it, you know the solo and intro to SVOM and you know who plays it - all of CD is annonymous to me

SLASH what happened to closing the book on Guns and not talking about it in interviews anymore?

The problem is I'm sure he's constantly asked about Guns....

"No Comment" is a great answer to those questions.

Wow. Dictating to an artist what he can and can't say.......your sense of entitlement is ridiculous. If you don't like the guy, don't follow his career. (Or, basically, follow the same advice you give to people who don't like your God Axl). :thumbsup:
Wow, Slash himself has said not to ask those questions

:wow:

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just 1 more

Yeah, what the fuck does a fretless guitar sounds like cause I'm not a fucking guitarist -- I think your missing the point -- you know the intor to WTTJ and you know who plays it, you know the solo and intro to SVOM and you know who plays it - all of CD is annonymous to me

Don't whine to me because you can't differentiate between simple things. It's not my problem.

Thanks for posting.....cool interview and some cool pictures of Guns.

Good quote - "But I don't spend my time thinking about what you guys are thinking about! You know? It's all whatever happens, happens and in the meantime I'm doing other stuff." (like making new music etc...and having a career)

At the expense of VR (another band he pretty much quit on).

Do you and Volcano have a competition going to see who can make up the most ridiculous stuff about Slash?

Posts like this make it hard to take your non-trolling posts seriously.

I figure it won't be too long before we are Gn'R-educated by some kids who were in diapers during AFD who are hoping for party passes by denying Slash's importance to the Gn'R legacy.

It's too bad GNR didn't put out more albums in the last decade, that would make Slash a minor footnote in the history of GNR.

People who post ridiculous comments like this are just as toxic to the forum as those who come here just to bash Axl.

Just 1 more

Don't whine to me because you can't differentiate between simple things. It's not my problem.

who is whining - just asking a question

Thanks for posting.....cool interview and some cool pictures of Guns.

Good quote - "But I don't spend my time thinking about what you guys are thinking about! You know? It's all whatever happens, happens and in the meantime I'm doing other stuff." (like making new music etc...and having a career)

At the expense of VR (another band he pretty much quit on).

Do you and Volcano have a competition going to see who can make up the most ridiculous stuff about Slash?

Posts like this make it hard to take your non-trolling posts seriously.

So you don't think that Slash is holding back VR or getting a new singer? Or are you disputing that he quit GNR?

I wish Slash would have reflected a little on his favorite moments with GNR. He seems to avoid that question in most interviews.

It sucks that he made it seem like Axl deciding not to go was the reason they went. I can't blame him though, it's not like Axl has said much positive about Slash since he left.

In the end I'm glad Axl didn't attend though. It just wasn't the right venue for a reunion to happen. It would have been five minutes of awesome and then the "where do we go now?"

Cool interview though. It's nice to hear any former member discuss the old days.

He said in a interview in 2012 that one of his fav moments was in Argentina 93 when he was playing November Rain and it started to rain.

I also felt like he was saying he went because Axl didn't. I am a fan of Slash and Axl both but honestly, I'm so sick of the "feud" bullshit. These guys are middle-aged men, not rival quarterbacks on high school football teams. This has become ridiculous. I swear, it's starting to look like a real-life remake of the movie "Grumpy Old Men". One day, we'll see these two old farts calling each other names from behind their walkers. And then one of them will die. I guarantee the one remaining will lose his mind with grief. At this point, it doesn't even matter what happened. They are both different people. Beta and Perla need to hogtie them and drag them into a room together and lock the door. Yes, I'm aware that it will never happen but that is what needs to be done. Handcuff them together or something until they manage to deal each other. They don't need to be best buddies but the war is old. Can't they agree to hate Bret Michaels or something together?

• Like 1

I also felt like he was saying he went because Axl didn't. I am a fan of Slash and Axl both but honestly, I'm so sick of the "feud" bullshit. These guys are middle-aged men, not rival quarterbacks on high school football teams. This has become ridiculous. I swear, it's starting to look like a real-life remake of the movie "Grumpy Old Men". One day, we'll see these two old farts calling each other names from behind their walkers. And then one of them will die. I guarantee the one remaining will lose his mind with grief. At this point, it doesn't even matter what happened. They are both different people. Beta and Perla need to hogtie them and drag them into a room together and lock the door. Yes, I'm aware that it will never happen but that is what needs to be done. Handcuff them together or something until they manage to deal each other. They don't need to be best buddies but the war is old. Can't they agree to hate Bret Michaels or something together?

One of them will die before a reunion happens, Axl's words.

:popcorn:

And it clearly does matter what happened otherwise Slash would have admitted to doing wrong and apologized by now