Why do some people think... [NOT people on here]

that if your favorite GNR song is SCOM, that's the only one you know and you're not a real fan? I see it all the time on Twitter with people. You could still be a massive fan and that could be your favorite song. Like, if your fave Eagles song is 'Hotel California', people get angry and 'Stairway to Heaven' can't be someone's favorite Led Zeppelin song. I wasn't starting this thread for bashing people but it'll probably get closed for pointless chatter.

BQ: UK fans, did anyone see GNR on the BBC documentary "Born to be Wild" about the metal of the 80's?

BQ2: You often see this stuff on these 'The Top 10 [...] songs' on Loudwire and similar sites. People in the comments: 'I BET THAT'S ONLY NUMBER ONE BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR!'

Edited by Huge fan

It is the hipster thing. If SCOM is your favorite song, you can't POSSIBLY be a bigger fan than someone who decided their favorite song is Cornshucker. *eye roll* It's annoying. I used to sing SCOM in a cover band. I loved it because it isn't an easy song to sing. My personal favorite is Don't Cry (alt lyrics). I get grief for it because "it's stupid that they just did different words to a song they already had" and "it's a ballad". Whatever. There is one phrase that edges that version over the original for me. And in the end, it doesn't matter what other people think. Pick your favorite song and fuck everybody else.

• Like 4

Why do you care? you like what you like. Does it really matter that people don't think you're a real fan? you know that you are, so that's all that should matter imo.

i don't, i just thought it would make a good discussion
You clearly do otherwise there wouldn't be a thread about it

Everyone knows if estranged isn't your favorite gnr song, you aren't a real fan

Just kidding

But really.

Silkworms >>> Estranged

Deal with it.

Seriously: Estranged is a cool song, but far from their best. It's not even the best on UYI II, I mean, that album has Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up and You Could Be Mine

Just kidding

But really.

Silkworms >>> Estranged

Deal with it.

Seriously: Estranged is a cool song, but far from their best. It's not even the best on UYI II, I mean, that album has Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up and You Could Be Mine

Whahahahaha pretty tied up better than estranged.....why? Because pretty has killer lyrics? I just found a million dollars that someone forgot.....estranged far from their best pffff dude a you for real?

Estranged is my favourite GnR song not by much of a margin because numerous others are brilliant too but in a gun to head scenario it's the one I would pick. I understand why other people have different preferences, it would be boring if they didn't. I find November Rain a bit on the side of cheesy but I get why it's universally rated.

On a related note I've never understood why Rocket Queen isn't more popular and why it wasn't a single release (I don't think it was as far as I can recall). Perhaps the sex noises deemed it too controversial at the time. If it had been given same attention as SCOM I could see it being up there with the classics. It's perhaps a good example of the different elements that come together to make a hit song - it's not always 100% about how good a track is, marketing, videos and airplay all make a difference too.

Just kidding

But really.

Silkworms >>> Estranged

Deal with it.

Can't agree on Silkworms, but I actually agree with the rest of your post.