What Guns N Roses means to me.

I've been a follower of these boards for a while now but I had to finally chime In. I became a fan of GNR back in 1991 when I was in the first grade, I heard Get in the ring and thought it was the greatest song ever. Luckily my older brother had the UYI tapes so I could borrow them, my favorite album is UYI1. I remember when everyone around movies on to CDs and i still listened to my used copy of AFD. I remember when TSI came out and My best friend made me a tape of it because I couldn't afford the cd. I moved to Canada around the time TSI came out so I knew I better stock up on the CDs. When I got to Canada nothing with GNR was happening until I walked into the local music store one day to see the Interview with the vampire single. I was so excited! Who knew that was the end. In 5th grade snake pit came out and it became my top 5 favorite album besides AFD & UYI 1& 2. I moved back to the states around the time Oh My God came out and I was excited, who cared if slash or any of the other members weren't in the band. It was a new GNR song. Don't get me wrong I love Slash Izzy & duff but in 2002 when they were at the mtv awards it was like holy shit it's a bunch of misfits. Buckethead & Robin were perfect. I heard the Chinese democracy demos and man they were amazing but it's sad to a fan that those solos didn't make it. Chinese democracy is good. Shacklers is my fav but I hate the dam solo. Call me stupid but I can't hate Axl. I dislike shit he does. Yes I don't like bumblefoot and ashba but oh well. The latest leaks were different. The better ones sucked, going down was good. I will be a GNR fan forever. I will be excited when any new music comes out. I will buy the album. I will listen. I will never stop my love for GNR. What Guns N Roses means to me is the pure heavy sound of a badaass band. If one old member could come back I'd pick duff, buckethead & robin. I'm really not into slash anymore since the shit he does with the guy from alter bridge. Ugh. I guess you take for granted what you had. And we had the classic band, the nu band with bucket,robin,brain, oh well. Silkworms is one of my favs too.

• Like 1

Guns changed my life. Opened my ears to how great music could be, and have loved all sorts of music since.

I play guitar and write music because the music inspired me so much. That is something that gives me happiness everyday.

Axl, Slash and all the other guys past and present have my eternal thanks.

• Like 1

First and only band ive truly dove into and loved their catalogue... not a musician and listen to all kinds of music but for some reason these guys are the fave (every album pleases by ears).

i kinda feel the same about the new leaks. didnt think the "betters" sucked just didnt see a point maybe with new vocals i could dig um idk. Truly enjoyed going down would love to hear it properly released. The lil silkworms snibbit or watever sounded pretty interesting aswell (Axl's probably gona store that on in the vault till 2084 when the world is ready for it tho)..

Have been my favourite band for near 20 years, supported through the dark period (2002-2006), and although recently I've been more annoyed by the band (lack of updates, same set, no new material, musicians I'm not impressed with) I still love Axl and Guns N' Roses and probably always will. I don't join forums for any other bands, I don't have the same want for new material for any other band, and I still listen to Guns regularly. Decided I wanted to play guitar after listening to Estranged, and that gave me opportunities in life I would never have exepected, so the band will be with me always, I just wish they concentrated more of the fans who do feel something for them rather than the haters and gave us some new (or previously unreleased) songs :(

Classic GnR is the band I actually owe my entire interest in and love for music to. Which is why they'll always be one of the most special bands in history to me.

All of that started in 1997 (age 13) when I saw GnR's performance of Knockin' On Heaven's Door at the Freddie Mercury Tribute on tv. Before that I wasn't particularly interested in music at all. Since then it's been one of my biggest passions. And GnR sparked that. So I owe that to them. The entire band, but particularly Axl and Slash, were absolutely mesmerizing. Got into every band I'm into today after that.

Nothing in popular culture has held my interest the way Guns N Roses has. When I was a kid, they were everything. I listened to the music constantly. I watched the videos constantly. If there was something nearby that I could pretend was a guitar, I grabbed it and struck Slash rock poses. If something could be a mic, Axl rock poses. I talked about them to everyone. I was the Guns N Roses guy. It was ridiculous.

And I've remained the Guns N Roses guy, to an extent. Everyone knows they're my favorite band. Everyone also knows, without me having to tell them, what that means. I don't talk about NuGNR with anyone but you guys and my brother. And I honestly don't know what they mean to me right now. I'd love it if Axl surprised the shit out of me and did something right for a change, but I don't think that's in the cards. So I've allowed myself to take pleasure in the circus. It's great comedy. I'd rather it weren't, but that's not up to me.

My mom bought AFD when I was 7 years old. Evidently, I blew the speakers out of her Buick Regal listening to it. Guns is the only group of musicians/celebrities that I ever fangirled over. When other girls were hoarding copies of Teen Beat and wallpapering their rooms with New Kids on the Block, I was devouring every copy of Hit Parader and Metal Edge that I could get my hands on. One of my dearest memories, fuzzy as it is, is being on the school bus in third grade, listening to my best friend wailing Paradise City as loud as he could. He was hit by a car and killed a few months later. I had a challenging few years in my tweens-early teens and there were days that I didn't have words for the emotions I was feeling. I would plug in my headphones and let Guns take me away to a place where you could tell people who hurt you to fuck off. The anger, the frustration, the pain, everything I was feeling was given voice by the music I listened to. Their music means freedom to me.

• Like 2

I was a kid during the 90s rock revolution and loved Nevrmind, Pumpkins, Weezer etc. But AFD is what put me way over the edge, made me truly fall in love with rock music.

I was devourng AFD over a decade after it was released; everything about it was a life-altering experience for me, from the guitars to the vocals to Popcorn.

Now, it's so fun to watch and follow GNR, which I call Act III: The Fall of Axl Rose.