What's your fav New Guns N Roses Era

Best New Guns N Roses era   

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Myin was the 2006-2007 Time Axl was in great shape and his voice was as good. What's your guys Favourite Era?

And also hi everyone cool to be on here for the first time. Was taking the piss for my account to validate

Edited by H454NLFC
  • Like 1

The 2002 era. Bucket, Robin, and Brain in the same band with Axl. Can't beat that. (not counting the classic line up of course)

It was exciting and mysterious. There was anticipation. They had the talent and it was totally new and fresh.

• Like 1

The 2001 line-up had the most talent by far. Buckethead is superior to Bumblefoot, Brain to Frank, Finck to Ashba. The band had a weird circus style feel about them, unlike the more straightforward - even cheesy 80s (i.e. Ashba) - style today. And, Tobias, for although lacking Fortus’s stage persona, seemed to write a lot of Chinese Democracy songs so I take him before Fortus although the 2002 band was virtually the same band and just as good really. Axl was also fearless in those days: debuting five new songs at your first two gigs in eight years is fairly bold stuff. He seemed to have a lot of interesting plans, the trilogy, Chinese Democracy followed by a second industrial album.

Since Rio 3 it has been all down hill. Everything just became derailed following the collapse of the 2002 tour. Firstly that long hiatus (2003-05) happened and then the band that re-emerged was lacking its most talented musician. Meanwhile, Democracy just drawed on-and-on and all the impetus (generated from the whole 1999-2002 re-emergence of Axl) was lost; I do not think anyone gave a shit when 2008 came and the album finally dropped - the whole thing had been leaked anyhow. Then the band which re-emerged in 2009 was the cash-obsessed nostalgia act ran by Brazilians that we have today.

• Like 3

The 2001 line-up had the most talent by far. Buckethead is superior to Bumblefoot, Brain to Frank, Finck to Ashba. The band had a weird circus style feel about them, unlike the more straightforward - even cheesy 80s (i.e. Ashba) - style today. And, Tobias, for although lacking Fortus’s stage persona, seemed to write a lot of Chinese Democracy songs so I take him before Fortus although the 2002 band was virtually the same band and just as good really. Axl was also fearless in those days: debuting five new songs at your first two gigs in eight years is fairly bold stuff. He seemed to have a lot of interesting plans, the trilogy, Chinese Democracy followed by a second industrial album.

Since Rio 3 it has been all down hill. Everything just became derailed following the collapse of the 2002 tour. Firstly that long hiatus (2003-05) happened and then the band that re-emerged was lacking its most talented musician. Meanwhile, Democracy just drawed on-and-on and all the impetus (generated from the whole 1999-2002 re-emergence of Axl) was lost; I do not think anyone gave a shit when 2008 came and the album finally dropped - the whole thing had been leaked anyhow. Then the band which re-emerged in 2009 was the cash-obsessed nostalgia act ran by Brazilians that we have today.

Great post. I really can't understand how can anyone enjoy the post CD tours. There are less talented musicians, no new songs.... Hell, they even abandoned the Chinese themes and now every tour is a reference to AFD. Being stable doesn't mean they are good, or moving forward. Never thought GNR would end up like this.

Edited by ProstituteComa

If Axl convinced buckethead he would release a new album I'm sure he would come back.

I very much doubt it. Buckethead was convinced they'd release an album before. And he seems happy to just be out there and releasing shitloads of music instead of having to deal with a difficult band like GnR.