Do you like the meta-GNR references in their social media?

Do you like the meta-GNR references in their social media?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GNR's tweets and status updates are rife with self-referencing terminology, which I find incredibly stupid and idiotic.

What do you think?

EDIT: For example, the latest GNR tweet is Some men (or in this case rags) you just can't reach. ah well, hasta la vista

This tweet references Civil War and also Terminator 2 (which had YCBM in it).

I find this to be stupid and childish.

Edited by niceguy

If I could vote No twice on this, I would.

I agree.

Isn't this the type of stuff that new and upcoming bands do? Bands - and fans - that are still teenagers or in their early 20s? You imagine seeing that type of stuff with a Miley Cyrus announcement or a Justin Bieber tweet. But not in a message about a band full of 40 and 50 year old guys. It's ridiculous.

I'm a bit indifferent to it. It's mostly silly word play but they probably do overdo it a bit, I suspect it's mostly due to the conundrum of having to maintain a social media presence but actually having very little to tweet about. Other similar artists post album updates, rehearsal photos, new photo shoots etc...sadly not much of this is at the disposal of GnR's social media gurus.

It will probably improve a bit once the tour kicks off, either that or they really do have a cheesy sense of humour.

• Like 1

Whoever runs the GNR social media should be fired effective immediately (and, dare I say, executed by electric chair) for being terminally unfunny, absolutely useless at their job, belligerent, condescending, unprofessional, and for going on all those stupid fucking tangents that pop up in his head.

I know it's the internet, nothing needs to be taken too seriously. But if you compare the quality of GNR's social media to other bands'.... Yes, it's cringeworthy. The total lack of news/professionalism and the references, specially. Not surprised all this band can do is tour here and there. It's clear it's ran by brazilians.