Richard Fortus Facebook update...?

GNR tracks maybe? Most likely not, but a man can dream right?

A man can dream but you guys have been dreaming since the late 90s. Time to wake up.

It's sad, I know.

Nah, in 2008 our dreams were answered so we might as well continue dreaming. Maybe our dreams will be fulfilled again. It's not that far-fetched of an idea.

A man can dream but you guys have been dreaming since the late 90s. Time to wake up.

It's sad, I know.

Nah, in 2008 our dreams were answered so we might as well continue dreaming. Maybe our dreams will be fulfilled again. It's not that far-fetched of an idea.

If logic serves you well, you will be dreaming until 2020 and why do you want to dream? :lol: In a normal world you would have had 5 o 6 albums to enjoy, not only one that is not so good.

Not trying to start an argument here, but when I see someone nitpicking whatever a member of Axl's band said I just think: "Damn, I'm sorry for these guys, they really want new music but truth is, they are really far from getting it."

It's sad, I know.

If logic serves you well, you will be dreaming until 2020 and why do you want to dream? :lol: In a normal world you would have had 5 o 6 albums to enjoy, not only one that is not so good.

Not trying to start an argument here, but when I see someone nitpicking whatever a member of Axl's band said I just think: "Damn, I'm sorry for these guys, they really want new music but truth is, they are really far from getting it."

With respect, truth is no one here knows how far or close to getting a new album we are. And Chinese is a great album to me, so it's worth it for me to wait for 'CD ll'. It's not like I can't enjoy other bands in the meantime.

Don't be sorry for us, it's our choice to still be fans of this fucked up band, and at least there's a chance Axl will release more music cause he said he always viewed Chinese as a double and I don't see Axl releasing just half of the work.

Don't be sorry for us, it's our choice to still be fans of this fucked up band, and at least there's a chance Axl will release more music cause he said he always viewed Chinese as a double and I don't see Axl releasing just half of the work.

I'm wondering if the label is holding things up. As in, "the last one didn't sell that well for what we spent, why would we release another one that's gonna sell less?"

It's sad, I know.

With respect, truth is no one here knows how far or close to getting a new album we are. And Chinese is a great album to me, so it's worth it for me to wait for 'CD ll'. It's not like I can't enjoy other bands in the meantime.

If Chinese Democracy is great to you, there's no reason to think CD II will be, unless they released old new material which I highly doubt because this band would be even more laughable. It wouldn't be bad to hear what else Buckethead, Finck and Brain wrote but at the same time these people responsible for Chinese Democracy, are not in the band anymore. Will Bumblefoot, Fortus, Ashba and Frank have to wait another 5-6 years to get their chance to write and play their own material? Axl is not getting any younger, y'know.

And I'm not sorry for you because you want a new album, it's cool to have new music whether you expect it or not, whether you like it or not. And I'm not sorry for you because you still want to be a fan of Axl's band. I'm sorry for you when you try and even force yourself to find answers to your ignored questions in whatever Axl's band members say or share on the internet.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1

It's sad, I know.

If Chinese Democracy is great to you, there's no reason to think CD II will be, unless they released old new material which I highly doubt because this band would be even more laughable. It wouldn't be bad to hear what else Buckethead, Finck and Brain wrote but at the same time these people responsible for Chinese Democracy, are not in the band anymore. Will Bumblefoot, Fortus, Ashba and Frank have to wait another 5-6 years to get their chance to write and play their own material? Axl is not getting any younger, y'know.

And I'm not sorry for you because you want a new album, it's cool to have new music whether you expect it or not, whether you like it or not. And I'm not sorry for you because you still want to be a fan of Axl's band. I'm sorry for you when you try and even force yourself to find answers to your ignored questions in whatever Axl's band members say or share on the internet.

I disagree with a lot of what you said. There's a good reason to believe that the next record will be just as good as Chinese Democracy. First of all it seems pretty obvious that the next album will have a lot of old new material. Perhaps a couple of brand new songs as well, but most of it will probably be old new songs with maybe new guitar solos by Ashba and Bumblefoot. Why on earth would they not release the old songs considering that Soulmonster is Axl's favorite, The General is considered one of the best new tracks and so on... What would be the point in not releasing the best songs?

Besides, even if it was all new material, it would still be an Axl record. I had faith in Chinese Democracy, because Axl had already proven his songwriting skills. And I wasn't disappointed. Axl is like the director of the band. He doesn't release bad albums in my opinion. I have faith in him, just like I have faith in for example Martin Scorcese. His movies are pretty much always good. It doesn't matter who the actors are or who wrote the script. When Scorcese is directing, you know it's most likely going to be great. Same thing with Axl.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not forcing myself to find answers in whatever the band members say. But there's nothing wrong in being hopeful. I dream about lots of stuff. Sometimes my dreams are answered. Sometimes not. And it doesn't matter. One of my dreams is that Scorcese wold finally make that Sinatra movie he's been talking about. Are you sorry for me because of that? Because perhaps the movie will never be made? Is that a reason to be sorry about me?

I personally think life would suck without dreams and stuff to look forward to.

:lol:

Soul monster is Axl's favorite? Source please.

The General is considered one of the best? Says who? Sebastian Bach?

Stuff like that always make me laugh. Remember when Bach called Sorry doom metal?

It's ok to dream, have faith, whatever you want. My problem is with people who lie to themselves. And NuGNR fans do that a lot.

I disagree with a lot of what you said. There's a good reason to believe that the next record will be just as good as Chinese Democracy. First of all it seems pretty obvious that the next album will have a lot of old new material. Perhaps a couple of brand new songs as well, but most of it will probably be old new songs with maybe new guitar solos by Ashba and Bumblefoot. Why on earth would they not release the old songs considering that Soulmonster is Axl's favorite, The General is considered one of the best new tracks and so on... What would be the point in not releasing the best songs?

Because, you know, the band that wrote that material does not exist anymore? And, is that what you really want for members like Bumblefoot or Ashba? Just new guitar solos? After the years they have been in the band?

"Bumblefoot what can you tell us about this new record and this particular song?"

"Well, I can't really tell you much about it because it's material Buckethead wrote 10 years ago, I only added a solo, man!"

Axl could consider Soul Monster as his favorite (and this is something I have never heard of), it doesn't mean it's a masterpiece, you haven't heard it, you don't know what the song sound like. Same goes for The General.

Besides, even if it was all new material, it would still be an Axl record.

Whether is an Axl record or not, that's debatable. I thought this was a band and it functioned as one.

I had faith in Chinese Democracy, because Axl had already proven his songwriting skills. And I wasn't disappointed. Axl is like the director of the band. He doesn't release bad albums in my opinion.

You said it, IN YOUR OPINION. Like I said, the band has changed, and things could be better or worse. It goes both ways.

I have faith in him, just like I have faith in for example Martin Scorcese. His movies are pretty much always good. It doesn't matter who the actors are or who wrote the script. When Scorcese is directing, you know it's most likely going to be great. Same thing with Axl.

It's Scorsese. One would think that one of his fans would know how to spell his last name. I couldn't imagine you calling Axl, Axel. :lol:

If you think directing is the only thing that matters in a movie, then you're obviously a bit ignorant about that matter (and please do not take the word "ignorant" as an insult). It does matter who the actors are and the screenplay.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not forcing myself to find answers in whatever the band members say. But there's nothing wrong in being hopeful. I dream about lots of stuff. Sometimes my dreams are answered. Sometimes not. And it doesn't matter.

Being hopeful is one thing, but when you see something like this Fortus FB update and you start thinking "OMG I wish this is related to a Gn'R record", uhm, what can I say? You're not being hopeful, you're being naive.

One of my dreams is that Scorcese wold finally make that Sinatra movie he's been talking about. Are you sorry for me because of that? Because perhaps the movie will never be made? Is that a reason to be sorry about me?

Scorsese delivers. If Scorsese would have released only one movie since 1991 which is NOT critically acclaimed by the majority, then I would tell you yes, I'm sorry for you.

• Like 1

Stuff like that always make me laugh. Remember when Bach called Sorry doom metal?

It's ok to dream, have faith, whatever you want. My problem is with people who lie to themselves. And NuGNR fans do that a lot.

You remember the chats when Axl visited all the major GNR message boards? Someone asked Axl back then what his favorite new song on either CD or an unreleased album was and Axl answered Soulmonster. The General is considered the best by for example Sebastian Bach. I'm pretty sure it was a favorite of someone of the band members too, but I'm too lazy to search for the source, so no need to believe me on that one. It is considered an A-listed song though along with Soulmonster a.k.a Leave Me Alone and Seven. http://www.tietosuus.fi/gnrevolution/song.php?id=3108

Seven is Marco Beltrami's favorite new song by the way. Anyway, my point is that many of the unreleased songs are considered A-listed songs, so I see no point in not releasing them.

Oh and Bach never said Sorry was doom metal. He said it was ALMOST LIKE doom metal, which isn't that far fetched of a comparison really.

I guess, some new GNR fans lie to themselves. So do some new GNR haters. So do many people who have never even heard about GNR. That's life.

You remember the chats when Axl visited all the major GNR message boards? Someone asked Axl back then what his favorite new song on either CD or an unreleased album was and Axl answered Soulmonster. The General is considered the best by for example Sebastian Bach. I'm pretty sure it was a favorite of someone of the band members too, but I'm too lazy to search for the source, so no need to believe me on that one. It is considered an A-listed song though along with Soulmonster a.k.a Leave Me Alone and Seven. http://www.tietosuus.fi/gnrevolution/song.php?id=3108

Seven is Marco Beltrami's favorite new song by the way. Anyway, my point is that many of the unreleased songs are considered A-listed songs, so I see no point in not releasing them.

Oh and Bach never said Sorry was doom metal. He said it was ALMOST LIKE doom metal, which isn't that far fetched of a comparison really.

I guess, some new GNR fans lie to themselves. So do some new GNR haters. So do many people who have never even heard about GNR. That's life.

Good post. I disagree with the part where you say new gnr "haters" (more like not supporters) lie to themselves. From all the posters in this forum for example, the ones I consider the most rational are the people who don't support Axl. New band fans are the ones coming up with excuses, theories... I also disagree with Sorry having any similarity with doom metal.

Because, you know, the band that wrote that material does not exist anymore? And, is that what you really want for members like Bumblefoot or Ashba? Just new guitar solos? After the years they have been in the band?

"Bumblefoot what can you tell us about this new record and this particular song?"

"Well, I can't really tell you much about it because it's material Buckethead wrote 10 years ago, I only added a solo, man!"

Axl could consider Soul Monster as his favorite (and this is something I have never heard of), it doesn't mean it's a masterpiece, you haven't heard it, you don't know what the song sound like. Same goes for The General.

Besides, even if it was all new material, it would still be an Axl record.

Whether is an Axl record or not, that's debatable. I thought this was a band and it functioned as one.

I had faith in Chinese Democracy, because Axl had already proven his songwriting skills. And I wasn't disappointed. Axl is like the director of the band. He doesn't release bad albums in my opinion.

You said it, IN YOUR OPINION. Like I said, the band has changed, and things could be better or worse. It goes both ways.

I have faith in him, just like I have faith in for example Martin Scorcese. His movies are pretty much always good. It doesn't matter who the actors are or who wrote the script. When Scorcese is directing, you know it's most likely going to be great. Same thing with Axl.

It's Scorsese. One would think that one of his fans would know how to spell his last name. I couldn't imagine you calling Axl, Axel. :lol:

If you think directing is the only thing that matters in a movie, then you're obviously a bit ignorant about that matter (and please do not take the word "ignorant" as an insult). It does matter who the actors are and the screenplay.

I can't speak for others, but I'm not forcing myself to find answers in whatever the band members say. But there's nothing wrong in being hopeful. I dream about lots of stuff. Sometimes my dreams are answered. Sometimes not. And it doesn't matter.

Being hopeful is one thing, but when you see something like this Fortus FB update and you start thinking "OMG I wish this is related to a Gn'R record", uhm, what can I say? You're not being hopeful, you're being naive.

One of my dreams is that Scorcese wold finally make that Sinatra movie he's been talking about. Are you sorry for me because of that? Because perhaps the movie will never be made? Is that a reason to be sorry about me?

Scorsese delivers. If Scorsese would have released only one movie since 1991 which is NOT critically acclaimed by the majority, then I would tell you yes, I'm sorry for you.

I wouldn't say that the band who wrote the old new stuff wouldn't exist anymore. Axl, Fortus, Stinson, Dizzy and Pittman are all still there. Wouldn't it be pretty unfair to them, if their songs would never be released just because they have a couple of new members in the band. I would like to hear completely new GNR songs by Bumblefoot and Ashba. But I would also like to hear the older stuff. So the best compromise would be to release old stuff with maybe some new guitar solos by Ashba and Bumblefoot, and maybe a couple of completely new songs as well.

As for the other stuff, I'm too tired to explain everything all over again. Of course actors and the script matter in a movie. But Scorsese would not make a movie with a bad script or with actors who don't fit the roles. That's why I don't care about the actors or the writer in a Martin Scorsese movie, because I know that Scorsese will pick the right actors and the right script. Similarly I have faith in Axl. I know that Axl will get the best out of the band members and the next album will be great. If Ashba and Bumblefoot can't create good enough guitar solos by themselves Axl will most likely cut n' paste bits and pieces from Ashbas and Bumblefoots different takes until he has the right guitar solo for the song. Just like he did with Brian May's Catcher In The Rye solo for example.

That's how it is. It is Axl's vision more than it is an actual band. If that's a good thing or band thing, that's debatable.

If Scorsese had released only one (in my opinion) great movie since 1991, I would be happy about that movie. I don't give a crap if it was critically acclaimed by the majority or not. So I still don't see why you would feel sorry for me? It's not like there wouldn't be other more productive directors out there. Their movies might not always be as good, but good enough I guess.It's not like other people would be getting any better movies than I am.

I just have a really hard time understanding your train of thought.

You act like I would be living in a world where I only get one new album in a decade or something. But the truth is, I am actually living in the exact same world as you are. I get to enjoy all the same albums as you do, so why do you feel sorry for me? There's plenty of music that I can listen to while waiting for the next GNR record. So I really don't understand why you feel sorry for me?

Edited by Lies They Tell

Good post. I disagree with the part where you say new gnr "haters" (more like not supporters) lie to themselves. From all the posters in this forum for example, the ones I consider the most rational are the people who don't support Axl. New band fans are the ones coming up with excuses, theories... I also disagree with Sorry having any similarity with doom metal.

Yeah, we don't have to agree about everything. What would be the fun in that? But I wasn't actually talking about the "not supporters" when I used the word hater. I was actually talking about the haters, who actually hate the band. Those kind of people do exist. There are haters and hardcore lovers of the band, and most people fall somewhere between those two. Anyway my point is, there are people who lie to themselves in all groups of people. Even in the group who don't support new GNR. But I have no interest in speculating which group lies the most to themselves.

It's sad, I know.

I'm certainly not looking for answers to ignored questions on the internet. I just stumbled on it and thought I'd post it. I am well aware we will never get more music (while Axl is living).