[RUMOR] - Axl seen in São Paulo in great shape?

A member from the brazilian Guns N' Roses forum Perfect Crime said that today on 89 FM, one of the biggest radio stations of São Paulo, the DJs Tatoula and Maia were saying that they saw Axl in São Paulo four days ago and that he was in great shape.

Tatoula said: "Man, I don't know if I can say but I will: Axl was in São Paulo four days ago and it's another person. It's gonna be a different concert." Maia completed: "Really, the guy is in excellent shape, totally different person."

:shrugs:

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice. It would be cool to see him ditch the hats and jackets, lose wieght, grow his hair out, and get rid of the mustache and start running around all over stage again. I doubt it though, although there were rumors about him ditching the cornrows in 2008 which were true.

• Like 2

Idk i tried to find a pic and typed "Axl Rose" into twitter and when I got to the "x" it had "Axl Rose São Paulo" as related searches...so a lot of people have been searching that I'm guessing.

Would be awesome if he's in great shape again! He's definitely got the resources to get a trainer and lose weight fast.

I doubted the story, but posted it on Perfect Crime's facebook page either way (I'm one of the adms there), to check if anybody else heard it as well.

The whole thing sounded...weird...to me. I mean, why the hell would Axl be in São Paulo around this time? But Erick, the guy who heard it on the radio, is a stand up guy who wouldn't make this up, I think it's important to make this clear, though.

Now why would the guys from 89fm make this up? Are they losing audience to Kiss FM or something and need publicity?

Edit: my exact first thought was "Maybe the guy saw Joel, from The Best GNR Cover and thought he was Axl" :awesomeface:

Edited by Pinball Wizard

hahaha could be Joel! But I don't think so... Does Joel walks around on his life dressed as Axl too? I mean, I know he has the tattoos, and the hair - and the moustache, damned! But on his everyday stuff does he acts like Axl? :lol:

He has the tattoos and the mustache, but the hair is a wig nowadays! :lol:

Or maybe the guys from 89fm drank the same water the anchors from ESPN's Sportscenter drink before their broadcast! hahahaha

No, we talk about football. Only americans talk about 'soccer'. ;)

BTW: it was, most likely, a marketing thing. 89FM is supporting the concert in SP and tickets are not selling as much as expected. This way they can create a buzz, if you know what I mean...

Edited by Pinball Wizard

In all honesty, I'm always a little more excited after a hiatus to see if Axl has changed his look at all. Bash all you want, but I wouldn't be surprised if the dude looks different than he did last year. Sure, no big change from 2011 to 2012 for Rio, but hell in 2001 to 2001 he even changed his look a bit, then over the next few years he got in great shape and looked completely different in 2006. Then, '07 to '09, again - completely different. Subtle changes over the last few years then too.

That said, I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

Hope it's true, would be great to get a fighting fit Axl. A fit Axl will likely sound a lot better! I guess we won't have to wait too long to see whether it's true or not. Would be a positive, and maybe a sign of good things coming in the next couple of months.

All that being said, I hate commenting on this kinda stuff, It's one step closer to having an Axl shrine in my room.

In all honesty, I'm always a little more excited after a hiatus to see if Axl has changed his look at all. Bash all you want, but I wouldn't be surprised if the dude looks different than he did last year. Sure, no big change from 2011 to 2012 for Rio, but hell in 2001 to 2001 he even changed his look a bit, then over the next few years he got in great shape and looked completely different in 2006. Then, '07 to '09, again - completely different. Subtle changes over the last few years then too.

That said, I'm skeptical, but hopeful.

As far as the looks, I just hope he stops hiding himself behind those shades and hats and jackets as much as he's been recently. I like his casual look better.

But I do hope he is in a better shape, though! It helps improving everything: the stage presence, the voice, his mood...

Edited by Pinball Wizard