[RUMOR] - Axl seen in São Paulo in great shape?

i can't believe this was eight fucking years ago. i remember posting on here when it happened.

he looked great then.

his weight fluctuated a bit during '06 (maybe due to some hard partying after the shows, who knows) - for example at Rio and Rock Am Ring he looked a little less lean - but man, he looked like he was out with something to prove for himself.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes i think part of the reason for the weight gain to begin with may have had a little to do with stage injuries since coming back late 09. i know there was a leg injury. if not mistaken a back injury as well. hes fallen more than a couple of times and came close more. those slips without falling can hurt to. hes getting older. for all i know he had sustaind an injury and was in pain. limited exercise, pain meds, effecting voice and weight. aside from his singing, his stage performance has decreased as well. why? cuz he chose to eat and drink as much as he could between all the shows and got fat on the job or cuz he was injured? just speculating of course. bottom line on topic/ i sure hope its true and that he is in good shape. shit......whatever happens i hope its great.......as always

Edited by rose22

#BringBack2006Axl

But yeah, dude looks so much better even without the jackets and sunglasses. Sure, they're cool, but think of 2010 when he was wearing t-shirts and cutoffs and a bandana most of the night. He looked pretty badass!

1010541_512095095536766_1595910974_n.jpg

Agreed! No doubt! He did look very classic bad ass in that shot.

• Like 2

Would be nice. It would be cool to see him ditch the hats and jackets, lose wieght, grow his hair out, and get rid of the mustache and start running around all over stage again. I doubt it though, although there were rumors about him ditching the cornrows in 2008 which were true.

This is exactly what I want as well but it could never happen. He probably can't even grow his hair out anymore, hence the superfluous cranium accessories. The jackets and layers of clothing are to hide some of the weight that he's put on.

The last time I felt he really looked good was 2006, and like it's been mentioned before, that was eight fucking years ago. I remember seeing him in 2009 and thinking, "what the fuck happened?"

Unfortunately, I think the current Axl look might stick with us for as long as there is still an Axl.

I don't really post on other bands Forums so for those that do, are the looks of other lead singers discussed as much (by men) as Axl's are on this board? Or is this mostly done because there are long periods of time with not much news in the Gn'R world?

Mostly done here, but that's because we don't get as much news and Axl's appearance is important to the image of the band. Other forums discuss lead singers appearance also though.

Someone in this thread said they posted it on Facebook, and someone in the other thread said they read it on Facebook. I'm guessing there was no New York dj (and maybe no brasil dj) and these rumors are just a bige game of telephone.

I'm inclined to agree with this theory.

It must be boredom that unconsciously drives people to start insane rumors, but it is a despicable conscious action to post these rumors online and fan the faux flames.

it was, most likely, a marketing thing. 89FM is supporting the concert in SP and tickets are not selling as much as expected. This way they can create a buzz, if you know what I mean...

Someone in this thread said they posted it on Facebook, and someone in the other thread said they read it on Facebook. I'm guessing there was no New York dj (and maybe no brasil dj) and these rumors are just a bige game of telephone.

I'm inclined to agree with this theory.

It must be boredom that unconsciously drives people to start insane rumors, but it is a despicable conscious action to post these rumors online and fan the faux flames.

These seem most likely.

Maybe Axl spent time with the Gracie family (it's been reported that he spent time with them in the past).

It doesn't particularly bother me if Axl looks good; but when you look good, it gives you a whole new sense of energy. So if this is true, it could up the level of Axl's performance.

A member from the brazilian Guns N' Roses forum Perfect Crime said that today on 89 FM, one of the biggest radio stations of São Paulo, the DJs Tatoula and Maia were saying that they saw Axl in São Paulo four days ago and that he was in great shape.

Tatoula said: "Man, I don't know if I can say but I will: Axl was in São Paulo four days ago and it's another person. It's gonna be a different concert." Maia completed: "Really, the guy is in excellent shape, totally different person."

:shrugs:

and it's another person

It probably was. :lol:

• Like 1

I doubted the story, but posted it on Perfect Crime's facebook page either way (I'm one of the adms there), to check if anybody else heard it as well.

The whole thing sounded...weird...to me. I mean, why the hell would Axl be in São Paulo around this time? But Erick, the guy who heard it on the radio, is a stand up guy who wouldn't make this up, I think it's important to make this clear, though.

Now why would the guys from 89fm make this up? Are they losing audience to Kiss FM or something and need publicity?

Edit: my exact first thought was "Maybe the guy saw Joel, from The Best GNR Cover and thought he was Axl" :awesomeface:

well his family is brazillian and it's hot in brazil right ?