April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

Axl getting the Ronnie james Dio award??? I mean, it's great. I hope he uses it as a kick up the arse to do something... ya know to achieve within his chosen field!

*release new music (promote it), play exhilarating shows (rehearse it, be professional)*

Cool! Do bands usually get to play more than 1 song at this show? Is this one live streamed?

Yeah Metallica played for about 20-40 mins last year. Wouldn't expect new material at this one, but maybe it is a good place to air it, even if it seems like a tough crowd.

Cool, but I thought Axl was not a fan of these ceremonies...

I think we all know the reason about hof was that they never recognised the new band and it meant sharing a stage with slash.

Usually at these awards they have a mix of artists jamming on songs for the finale. Like Slash, dave grohl and lemmy that year.

Wonder if Axl and zakk wylde will do something to close the show.

Edited by Axl_morris

Now I really hope the Sao Paulo rumors are true and Axl kills this performance.

Yeah, otherwise we're looking at The Axl Rose Disaster III :/

Seems nearly every pro-shot comes out bad. Only ones from recent memory I can think of that kicked ass were Reading 2010 and Rock Am Ring 2006. While 2006 was a pretty damn good year for Axl vocally, the proshots from Inland Invasion and RIR Lisboa are weak. And just one week after the awful Rio '11 gig Axl turned in a decent performance in Buenos Aires. Performance anxiety? Or just bad luck?

Now I really hope the Sao Paulo rumors are true and Axl kills this performance.

Yeah, otherwise we're looking at The Axl Rose Disaster III :/

Seems nearly every pro-shot comes out bad. Only ones from recent memory I can think of that kicked ass were Reading 2010 and Rock Am Ring 2006. While 2006 was a pretty damn good year for Axl vocally, the proshots from Inland Invasion and RIR Lisboa are weak. And just one week after the awful Rio '11 gig Axl turned in a decent performance in Buenos Aires. Performance anxiety? Or just bad luck?

It has to be a combination of both. The stakes are (still) way, way high for Axl, so I imagine there's a lot of added pressure for these widely-viewed shows. Another example is easily the VMAs. Out of breath for a three song medley in front of millions, but able to hold long screams during the tour.

Yeah, but Revolver is run by the makers of Guitar World, and Guitar World has always been a huge GNR fan, they've had Slash on the cover God knows how many times.

I would say most rock magazines admire old GNR, but it doesn't necessarily mean they would be willing to book the current line-up. Nor would they be very willing to honour Axl in the context of his current pursuits.

Aren't these usually broadcasted? At least the awards and maybe a performance or two?

If so, it would be a great spot to play an old song or two and a NEW song.

It's on AXS Channel, a channel I don't get, but it looks like if you have Xbox, you can watch it. Probably with it being in LA didn't hurt Axl attending it.

Edited by dalsh327