April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

I´m looking forward to the performance. As for the award, congrats... but this is not exactly a Grammy

I think it's way better than both the Grammy Awards as well as R&R HOF because the decision is left up to real people to vote instead of a committee. Golden Gods Awards are quickly becoming a well respected establishment in the rock music community.

If the name was John Lennon or Freddy Mercury Award I would feel more confortable with it. People vote? I think any actor out there rather win an Oscar than the People´s Choice Award bullshit. This I´m afraid is kinda the same thing but with musicians.

Golden Gods is more geared towards metal acts; they ain't gonna call the lifetime achievement award the John Lennon or Freddie Mercury award. And Ronnie James Dio was like the Freddie Mercury of metal...

Ronnie was singing professionally when they were filming Elvis from the waist up. He was in his 30s when he put "Holy Diver" out. I just think the down side to Ronnie as far as credibility goes were "Dungeons and Dragons" related.

• Like 1

Okay guys, here is an exclusive leak from the secret nightrain club. :o

Hey Nightrain!

We wanted you to be the first to know that a website for the release of "Appetite for Democracy: Live from Las Vegas 3D" has just launched. This site will inform you of the 'where, when, and how' to get tickets for showings in your area this spring. Full listings are up now for the UK, Ireland, Spain, Holland, Denmark, and some other parts of Europe. If your country is already listed, be the first to buy your tickets TODAY!

If you don't see your country listed, fill out the request form and stay tuned for updates as the film does have a scattered world-wide release. The HD version of "Live from the O2 London" is also making its way to you, so stay tuned for that this Spring as well.

Cinema/Blu ray, Tour, London show for the nightrain members, Residency, Golden Gods Awards... Guns got quite an active few months.

Nightrain members have the London show?

London show?

The show at the O2 Arena that was filmed and released for a short time last year. It was the only GNR show I've been to.

Great

Slash is always at these things, I hope Axl doesn't get too nervous

It'd be great that Axl would invite Slash on stage to play a couple of songs… :P

Anyways, great news for Axl - totally deserved, the man's a living rock legend. :axl:

If slash is there Axl won't be but i do wonder if Izzy or Duff miight show up

I hope Axl pulls out all of our livestream favorites for this one: Welcome to the Crazy, November Rain (No One Left To Blame), and Sweet Yellow Rubber Coat O' Mine

FYI: GA tickets are already on sale if you'll be in LA: https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV2.html?wr=54430285-d826-4fcc-8e7a-9444749aab15&skin=clubnokia&preFill=1〈=en&eventid=248802&ec=CBN140423&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fevents%2F248802%2Frevolver-golden-gods-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

• Like 2

Lifetime achievement? For putting out some good albums during a 4 year span then drive everyone in the band out and alternating between hibernating and touring for the next 23 years, releasing one album in that span?

Good promo nonetheless, and I appreciate them recognizing Axl, but to me lifetime achievement should go to someone who has consistently been great over time. Not what I would say about Axl.

Such a shame that some are so negative and biased that they feel the need to make disparaging comments regarding this announcement.

It's nothing new, and for the most part harmless. But when you call into question Ronnie James Dio or the fact that the award is named after him... What did he ever do to you? There's nobody in the metal community that has a single bad thing to say about Dio.

• Like 2

Such a shame that some are so negative and biased that they feel the need to make disparaging comments regarding this announcement.

It's nothing new, and for the most part harmless. But when you call into question Ronnie James Dio or the fact that the award is named after him... What did he ever do to you? There's nobody in the metal community that has a single bad thing to say about Dio.

Big Dio fan here-

Am seeing lots of really good things for GNR in 2014

Nobody except Ozzy :lol:

I hope Slash is there for this.

Nobody except Ozzy :lol:

I hope Slash is there for this.

I don´t think Slash will be allowed to be there :(

Let's see if this actually happens. We might still get a convoluted statement informing us that Axl had no idea and that even though he's got nothing against Ronnie James Dio, Epiphone, Joan Jett, A Day To Remember and the word "revolver", and is actually honored--on behalf of the f'n fans--to have been considered, he'd rather not.

Edited by Chuzeville

Let's see if this actually happens. We might still get a convoluted statement informing us that Axl had no idea and that even though he's got nothing against Ronnie James Dio, Epiphone, Joan Jett, A Day To Remember and the word "revolver", and is actually honored--on behalf of the f'n fans--to have been considered, he'd rather not.

If it was just for the award, maybe. But they actually plan on performing, so I don't think that'll happen. This is being looked at as an actual "show" it seems. They'll probably close the ceremony.

Hahahahaha.

Well, yeah, that might happen.