April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

the reason why it is named after dio because he was given the life time achievement award while dying from cancer. it was his last public appearance before he passed away so the award was named in his honor. the guy has a legacy in music that lasted for over 50 years.

the awards are really hit and miss the awards are kind of shit usually i mean five finger death punch should only be nominated for awful awards. it is still cool to see axl get the award though.

SA Tour, Awards show, US Festival date and warm-up gig, 2nd Vegas residency, cinema release of Vegas 2012 show, home video release of said show, (official) release of London 2012 show...

A lot on the cards for the first half of 2014.

Now let's hope they round off the year with some new music :)

Anything which promotes the band outside of the hardcore GNR fanbase can only be a good thing.

I also think Axl is more than deserving of a lifetime achievement award. It's about quality, not quantity. Slash gets a tonne of these type of awards and do you think he's getting them for his post-GNR material? No, of course not. It's in recognition of the timeless 87-92 era.

• Like 2

Axl Rose deserves it for his work, 1985-1993 - all of the 1985-1990 band deserve every possible accolade they get because of their contribution to Appetite for Destruction, one of the greatest albums in rock n' roll history. My only problem with this is, whenever Nugnr have a chance at mass exposure on something televised and seen by the mainstream, they usually make a big cock and balls of the thing, case in point, VMAs, Bridge School and Rio 4.

Ain't Slash always at this? I think that should be the biggest talking point here bar none.

and god forbid he doesn't have a guitar in hand...

I googled this earlier, from what I can gather he's been at every previous one. I'm thinking this year he will have some unmovable overseas tour commitments come April. Either that or we will get them in a building together for the first time in nearly two decades.

At least we can discuss the possibility here unlike this gestapo crap: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=65695.msg1362576#msg1362576

Jesus, what a tool. The poor guy was only making a joke!

I sometimes feel like attacks on Jarmo are unwarranted, but in this case, what a prick. So mentioning the possibility of Slash being at an awards show that he attends every year while a band under the name of Guns N' Roses is performing is considering trolling? What an absolute knob. And right after making a jibe at people who felt like there should be more promotion and saying that you should be able to laugh at yourself. What a complete lack of self-awareness and sense of humour.

• Like 1