GN'R starting rehearsals

Well the instrumentalists will. For Axl it seems like his rehearsal time is gigs 1 and 2 of the tour.

Yeah, which is bullshit. He sounds totally unprepared and the poor saps that bought tickets for those nights get screwed.

Edited by D-GenerationX

Well the instrumentalists will. For Axl it seems like his rehearsal time is gigs 1 and 2 of the tour.

Yeah, which is bullshit. He sounds totally unprepared the and the poor saps that bought tickets for those nights get screwed.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I forget who, but a user recently posted that they were at RIR4 and loved the show. It wasn't until they watched YouTube later that they thought it was bad.

If Axl goes to rehearsals, that's great in my book, everything else aside. It'd be even greater if they posted some clips of rehearsals for fans to see, even if they restricted it to the "real" fans at Nightrain. Just an idea.

It worse when Kat, the bands photographer does it with the dead daisies but not GNR.

After playing the same setlist for so many years, do they really need rehearsals?

People whine and complain when they don't rehearse, now it's "do they really need rehearsals." Unbelievable.

I hear ya on this one. I don't know if it's whining and complaining per se, but I get your point.

And it was ONE person - not the entire forum. Why do people do that? One or two posters make a comment and then people act like it's 8,000 people making the statement. Some people are always on the defensive.

Cool that the band is getting together to rehearse. Hopefully that will include Axl.

Funny that BBF can produce albums by other "super groups" but GnR can't get it done themselves for an album.

After playing the same setlist for so many years, do they really need rehearsals?

People whine and complain when they don't rehearse, now it's "do they really need rehearsals." Unbelievable.

I hear ya on this one. I don't know if it's whining and complaining per se, but I get your point.

And it was ONE person - not the entire forum. Why do people do that? One or two posters make a comment and then people act like it's 8,000 people making the statement. Some people are always on the defensive.

Cool that the band is getting together to rehearse. Hopefully that will include Axl.

Funny that BBF can produce albums by other "super groups" but GnR can't get it done themselves for an album.

And like I said, Metaforce is wrong when he says people complain when they rehearse. People complain ONLY about Axl's lack of rehearsals. If he has any quote from people complaining about the band rehearsing, I'd love to see that.

Edited by ProstituteComa

There have been lots of posters who have complained about the lack of rehearsals.

On another note: I didn't realize your wife was 20 years younger than you. Good job, man.

And like I said, Metaforce is wrong when he says people complain when they rehearse. People complain ONLY about Axl's lack of rehearsals. If he has any quote from people complaining about the band rehearsing, I'd love to see that.

You're totally right. That was actually pointed out by someone just recently and it slipped my mind until it was brought up again just now. My bad.

Hopefully they are rehearsing new songs and Axl is part of it. See? I can try to be positive, but I'm sure most of the people who read the first part thought "Well, that's not happening". This is how I feel as well.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted here in the first place, accept my apologies.

• Like 1

I agree with you all that Axl reharse all the first shows.I had my doubts but in Osaka 09 i realized that he didnt know how to face some songs,rasp here,clean voice there and rasp again,and some song were a disaster because of this.Chinese Democracy songs ,the others songs he knew how to do it.

There have been lots of posters who have complained about the lack of rehearsals.

On another note: I didn't realize your wife was 20 years younger than you. Good job, man.

Insulting wives and relationships on a GNR forum. Nothing says classy gentleman like this.

Well the instrumentalists will.

Hopefully DJ has taken the time to learn the TIL solo *crosses fingers*

unlikely, if he didn't learn over the last 4 years he's not gonna be too bothered to learn it for this tour. He probably thinks he's nailing it. It's fine what he's doing but I much, much! prefer the Robin solo.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I forget who, but a user recently posted that they were at RIR4 and loved the show. It wasn't until they watched YouTube later that they thought it was bad.

I look at it like this. Axl does not rehearse with these guys. So then we get this :

- first show, he's a bit out of puff and maybe even missing words

- within the first 3 shows, his voice will sound ragged because he hasn't used it

That's unacceptable, in my opinion. Its unprofessional. it could be easily avoided if he did the proper prep work one would expect when you are paying triple digits to see a band.

I look at it like this. Axl does not rehearse with these guys. So then we get this :

- within the first 3 shows, his voice will sound ragged because he hasn't used it

That's unacceptable, in my opinion. Its unprofessional. it could be easily avoided if he did the proper prep work one would expect when you are paying triple digits to see a band.

I hear ya, I really do. I don't disagree with anything you're saying. I just wanted to point out that some have said they had an awesome time at those first couple of shows. But again, I totally get your points and don't disagree with them.

The problem is that Axl doesn't really rehearse. The band can sound great and tight, but if Axl goes out there and starts sounding like shit, then it doesn't matter....the whole band will be bashed. DJ himself mentioned that Axl did not show up to rehearsals (not even once) prior to the beginning of the 2009 tour, and that the first time he saw him rehearse was literally during that first show in Taipei.

So, history's not on Axl's side.

• Like 2

If he used the 8 months off to go to a gym with a fucking teacher that he can afford for sure,and the evenings with a singing teacher we would have MAYBE a good tour.

But that its Sci-Fi we all know.....

The problem is that Axl doesn't really rehearse. The band can sound great and tight, but if Axl goes out there and starts sounding like shit, then it doesn't matter....the whole band will be bashed. DJ himself mentioned that Axl did not show up to rehearsals (not even once) prior to the beginning of the 2009 tour, and that the first time he saw him rehearse was literally during that first show in Taipei.

So, history's not on Axl's side.

Even as far back as RIR II. Axl is totally unprepared that first night.

Comes in the wrong spot on 'Double Talkin' Jive'. Doesn't even attempt the end of 'You Could Be Mine'. Botches the words to 'Estranged'.

Kind of an odd thing to throw into a discussion about Axl's rehearsal issues......but thanks? Somehow an old funny looking guy like myself scored a hot young wife - funny how the world works. She is awesome and I'm extremely lucky. She is currently going to Nursing school to become a nurse. After maybe five years of being a nurse, our goal is to open a therapeutic riding ranch for people who have disabilities.

Looks like the rehearsal thing has been cleared up. I think people just wished Axl rehearsed with the band so he'd come out firing on all cylinders for the first couple shows and that HOPEFULLY if they rehearse together, a couple brand new songs might be played!

Looks like the rehearsal thing has been cleared up. I think people just wished Axl rehearsed with the band so he'd come out firing on all cylinders for the first couple shows and that HOPEFULLY if they rehearse together, a couple brand new songs might be played!

Serious Axl zealots get all riled up when you say this, but its true.

Its hard to take him seriously, or think he's taking this band seriously, when he shows up so unprepared for work.

Comes in the wrong spot on 'Double Talkin' Jive'. Doesn't even attempt the end of 'You Could Be Mine'. Botches the words to 'Estranged'.

I just can't watch RIR II, just so obvious he's unprepared. Not the clusterfuck that RIR IV was, but he had the benefit of youth. RIR III was by far the best of the RIRs.

• Like 1

I just can't watch RIR II, just so obvious he's unprepared. Not the clusterfuck that RIR IV was, but he had the benefit of youth. RIR III was by far the best of the RIRs.

I remember after RIR II he goes on MTV and calls it their best gig ever up to that point. I was so pumped to get a copy.

When I finally got a bootleg a few years later, I was pretty bummed at how ragged and slapdash it was.