GN'R starting rehearsals

Well the instrumentalists will. For Axl it seems like his rehearsal time is gigs 1 and 2 of the tour.

Yeah, which is bullshit. He sounds totally unprepared the and the poor saps that bought tickets for those nights get screwed.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. I forget who, but a user recently posted that they were at RIR4 and loved the show. It wasn't until they watched YouTube later that they thought it was bad.

I've been to shows that were televised and there's a world of difference between what you hear at the show, and what you hear at home, even in glorious widescreen HD. When it's something for home video release, they can spend months on trying to get the mix right. For all the bitching about the GNR DVD being delayed, how long did Led Zeppelin take to put "Celebration Day" out?

Celebration day... the delay there was that they had never really planned on recording it, it was a very last minute decision to film it. Zeppelin never said, "we're recording the o2, and it will be out in x amount of months", we got the concert and thought that was the end of it 'til 5 years down the line they announce that they have footage and are releasing it cinemas and other formats. GnR recorded the show, let people know, led people to believe it was coming shortly and... I didn't, we're close? to it now but how long have we waited?

There's a lot of editing true, plenty of cameras and you need to get the right angles etc. but, no show requires a year+ to edit and mix, Guns is a big show, but it's no bigger than Metallica:through the never (actually much smaller)... which was recorded after the residency managed to get into cinemas and is now on sales as a blue ray and dvd.

You are wrong.

Guns n roses have only ever aknowledged this before the show with a simple status saying it was being filmed in 3D.

Guns have never confirmed when this was going to be released.

Guns have never mentioned cinemas.

Guns never mentioned what formats it will be availible on.

And even after the website and cinemas having pre-bookings, officially GNR have not confirmed it's existance.

If you feel lied too, frustrated and constantly let down (like me) then blame rockfuel.

They haven't acknowledged it... how's that an achievement or a good thing? I remember them talking about the concert film, GnR may not have directly spoke about the film in recent months but Rockfuel have and Rockfuel are being payed by GnR so statements coming from rockfuel are coming from GnR too. Axl rose does not let anything out if he doesn't want it out (bar the leaks obviously) statements from rockfuel are done partially on their own and the other half would be from talks and negotiations with GnR, RockFuel are not negotiating with the label for the release that's GnR. GnR get the info, go back and tell Rockfuel what's going on and RockFuel then let the fans know. Any initial release date that Rockfuel mentioned was given to them by the band/by the label, so blaming them is stupid, do you not think they had the film ready months and months ago like every other concert they've made over the past few years?

Bumblefoot has acknowledged it and the initial trailer for the show was posted on the bands facebook page. You are wrong, defiant and still believe you are right, but! you are wrong about this one! :D

Yeah but with GNR they will let us know when things are happening.

Rockfuel let us know at every stage of negotiations. I don't think GNR would have approved at rockfuel creating accts at mygnr or half off the updates.

Rockfuel had the backing off lawyers and the label with the release and I dont think GNR were going to create any tentions over this but that doesn't mean the band approved everything that rockfeul said in an annoucement.

Just another example in a long line.

Axl was lied to, fucked with, and taken advantage of. Well...we think. We don't know, but you now...probably.

And Axl, the most petty and vindictive man in the universe, him not saying anything about it others fucking him over, that's just business as usual.

Move along, folks.

(P.S. - Did someone really hold up Led Zeppelin as an example of how long a band takes to do something?)

Richard is quoted in his end of tour (dead daisies) press release that he intends to.focus his efforts on the dead daisies after Vegas.

Not sure if its thread worthy but it certainly looks like there will be a dry spell for GNR in July and highly unlikely they will be working on a new album.

Richard is quoted in his end of tour (dead daisies) press release that he intends to.focus his efforts on the dead daisies after Vegas.

Not sure if its thread worthy but it certainly looks like there will be a dry spell for GNR in July and highly unlikely they will be working on a new album.

All depends on what Axl wants. We've seen how other members like Bumble have had to drop plans for GNR.

When is Sixx:AM going to release and tour their 3rd album? I know they said they're working on new music and Nikki Sixx said he wants to focus on the band after the end of the Motley Crue Farewell Tour, so far they're booked until December but that's just the US, got Europe and other places to play, too.

Back to Fortus, he always seems to give the impression that a new album is just a case of Axl and Caram picking and mixing existing tracks.

Back to Fortus, he always seems to give the impression that a new album is just a case of Axl and Caram picking and mixing existing tracks.

He does.

And I take that as a backhanded shot that the tracks are basically done.

All depends on what Axl wants. We've seen how other members like Bumble have had to drop plans for GNR.

When is Sixx:AM going to release and tour their 3rd album? I know they said they're working on new music and Nikki Sixx said he wants to focus on the band after the end of the Motley Crue Farewell Tour, so far they're booked until December but that's just the US, got Europe and other places to play, too.

Sixx: A.M.'s new album is finished...Nikki and DJ have both tweeted about it recently saying it's done, and Nikki has tweeted about sitting around listening to the new Sixx: A.M. Album. Motley starts touring in July I think and that tour will last a good year and a half to 2 years...so I don't see Sixx: A.M. Touring until Motley's final tour is over.
  • Like 1

That being said from what ive heard the new daisies album sounds hevier and potentially one of the best side projects bands out there from new gnr.

If there is new material played in 2 weeks I am confident we will get a release this year. If not then im forgetting about it and just enjoying the live shows.

Edited by Axl_morris

Yeah, I think Richard just got there today or yesterday. They'll probably start later this week.

Cool to think that we'll have a new (and hopefully interesting) show to talk about in less than 2 weeks.

This could really be an A-Plus year for Axl and the band. Going to be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

Successful release of the live DVD

Put on a great set at the Revolver show

Debut three new songs during the 2014 shows

Show up in shape and ready to play in 2014

And dammit, release an album this year!!! Been over five years since the last one.

Do all that..........and Axl eliminates 83.5% of the negativity out there towards him using the GnR name!!!!

• Like 1

Yeah, I think Richard just got there today or yesterday. They'll probably start later this week.

Cool to think that we'll have a new (and hopefully interesting) show to talk about in less than 2 weeks.

This could really be an A-Plus year for Axl and the band. Going to be fascinating to see how it all plays out.

And dammit, release an album this year!!! Been over five years since the last one.

Do all that..........and Axl eliminates 83.5% of the negativity out there towards him using the GnR name!!!!

Okay but realistically, what do you think will happen?

An optimistic guy over here !!! :awesomeface:

Okay but realistically, what do you think will happen?

No promotion of the DVD, except in passing by the employees.

Axl will show up sounding like a balloon taking off.

Three "new" songs will be Yesterdays (with dedication to Slash), Dead Horse (also dedicated to Slash), and Locomotive (though that would be fucking cool)

Show up for the tour not giving a shit.

Remember, they don't care about releasing new albums (as per Chris "smells good in here" Pitman's answer) so you can forget about that mythical new album, featuring timeless classics like The General and Atlas Shrugged. They only exist in your mind!

Bumble's latest tweet doesn't sound too encouraging...

Success is not about how far you get. It's about how far you get while not compromising your integrity & values in the process.

Edited by jekylhyde

Success is not about how far you get. It's about how far you get while not compromising your integrity & values in the process.

Could just be a dig at DJ ;) I remember reading somewhere that his contract is until 2015 (could be Internet bullshit). I'd be sad to see him go, I think him and Fortus together could come up with great stuff.

Oh for fuck's sake. Then leave. Leave that awesome paycheck behind and touring around the world, and go back to what you love most Bumble. No one is stopping you. Axl is probably not going to change.

I love Bumble but I'm getting tired of this horseshit. That is, of course, if he meant the situation with Axl and Guns with that tweet.