[SPECULATION] Are the new songs in jeopardy?

As we all know, our very own decorated news reporter NGOG reported some time ago that GNR were going to be performing new songs on this tour. While there was no reason to doubt these claims until now, does anyone else think that the recent events involving Slash may have thrown a wrench into those plans? We know how moody Axl can get, especially when someone fucks with his plans, so he's probably going to be in a bad mood for the entire tour, which could put our chances of hearing new songs in serious jeopardy.

Thanks Obama.

Oh Bacardi.

Don't twist the original words, you tit. We said they were "planning" to play 2 to 3 new songs. We didn't say they "were" going to play new songs.

Anyway, maybe it'll spark a new fire in Axl and give us some nice, Corey Taylor-esque rants, along with Axl debuting 2 to 3 badass, aggression-filled songs to fuel our own fire and hatred towards Slash.
  • Like 3

While there was no reason to doubt these claims until now,

Apparently you missed the Dizzy interview. /old

New, depending on your definition of new. But yes I agree NGOG is trying waaaay too hard to be a mod. It's like a graduate school program for him or something.

• Like 1

GNR's management made a major press release (well, as major as it gets with them) announcing that they were planning on playing new songs on this tour. Any band in the world would live up to that. Why is GNR an exception?

No they didn't. Quit trying to fabricate a new spin on the way it actually happened and what was actually said, hooray for tolerance!.

GNR's management made a major press release (well, as major as it gets with them) announcing that they were planning on playing new songs on this tour. Any band in the world would live up to that. Why is GNR an exception?

No they didn't. Quit trying to fabricate a new spin on the way it actually happened and what was actually said, hooray for tolerance!.

What are you trying to argue here? That the announcement wasn't high-profile enough to be a big deal when Axl goes back on it like he has almost everything else he's announced in the past 15 years?

Guns N' Roses' manager came onto a major fansite and relayed exclusive information to the fans through it. Are you saying it's ok for them to go back on it because it wasn't on Blabbermouth or something? Just a lowly forum?

And yeah, can someone elaborate on this Dizzy shit?

Anyway, maybe it'll spark a new fire in Axl and give us some nice, Corey Taylor-esque rants, along with Axl debuting 2 to 3 badass, aggression-filled songs to fuel our own fire and hatred towards Slash.

Well, I predict a rant at least :D

Yeah can I get a summary of what exactly he said in regards to new songs.

He's avoided questions of new songs. Seems to go on long stories that don't answer the question...

The only thing he hinted was that it depends on your definition of "new song" and then he moved on.

While there was no reason to doubt these claims until now,

Apparently you missed the Dizzy interview. /old

New, depending on your definition of new. But yes I agree NGOG is trying waaaay too hard to be a mod. It's like a graduate school program for him or something.

First I'm hearing of anybody having something against NGOG. Seems like a nice and dedicated fellow to me; I'm grateful for his contributions.

Oh Bacardi.

Don't twist the original words, you tit. We said they were "planning" to play 2 to 3 new songs. We didn't say they "were" going to play new songs.

Yes, people took "planning" as something set in stone. I remember one of the setlists years ago had "Going Down" on it; they were planning on playing that song most likely, but we never got it. Axl was planning on CD to come out in 1999...2001...2002....2003...2006. "Planning" should tell people a lot.

Anyway, maybe it'll spark a new fire in Axl and give us some nice, Corey Taylor-esque rants

OH YEAH!

along with Axl debuting 2 to 3 badass, aggression-filled songs to fuel our own fire and hatred towards Slash.

YE...wait...what? :lol:

Of course Dizzy would avoid the question of new songs. He's one of Axl's lower level yes men. You gotta be fucking insane if you actually expect these mythical titles like The General or Atlas Shrugged to be played on this tour.

"Definition of new song" means UYI songs that haven't been played since '93 or Oh My God. Perhaps Silkworms but these other titles, they may as well not exist.

As we all know, our very own decorated news reporter NGOG reported some time ago that GNR were going to be performing new songs on this tour. While there was no reason to doubt these claims until now, does anyone else think that the recent events involving Slash may have thrown a wrench into those plans? We know how moody Axl can get, especially when someone fucks with his plans, so he's probably going to be in a bad mood for the entire tour, which could put our chances of hearing new songs in serious jeopardy.

Thanks Obama.

Drama queen.

If they would have, fuck this shit.