[SPECULATION] Are the new songs in jeopardy?

Maybe he'll go one step further and cancel the tour

He should give the GNR name n rights to Slash, can't wait a tour with Myles Kennedy and Fergie on vocals....................................................................

Maybe do some tracks with Cypress Hill? or the Black Eyed Peas? Hell.. even a Paulina Rubio collaboration will be HUGE.

While there was no reason to doubt these claims until now,

Apparently you missed the Dizzy interview. /old

New, depending on your definition of new. But yes I agree NGOG is trying waaaay too hard to be a mod. It's like a graduate school program for him or something.

He has experience doing so under a different Guns N' Roses fan forum.

I don't think what's gone on recently will hurt the chances of new material being played. If anything it might help it. The real problem here is there is not enough new material and they have to pull from the classics too much. In some respects this will never change. Even if new GnR release 20 new albums, most people who attend shows will want to hear the classic hits. However, anything new gives Axl full creative control and could allow him to bypass Slash. Hopefully he sees this and will put some energy into finally moving this band forward. But then again, that may be too rational for Axl. He may choose to hide for 5 yrs and file 50 lawsuits. I'd love to be his lawyer.

Of course Dizzy would avoid the question of new songs. He's one of Axl's lower level yes men. You gotta be fucking insane if you actually expect these mythical titles like The General or Atlas Shrugged to be played on this tour.

"Definition of new song" means UYI songs that haven't been played since '93 or Oh My God. Perhaps Silkworms but these other titles, they may as well not exist.

at the bumblefoot chat someone asked him to play atlas shrugged and he said he wanted to play it but he was not allowed to so i bet it does excist, he said ah man now you really made me wanna play it but i can't do it

He should give the GNR name n rights to Slash, can't wait a tour with Myles Kennedy and Fergie on vocals....................................................................

Maybe do some tracks with Cypress Hill? or the Black Eyed Peas? Hell.. even a Paulina Rubio collaboration will be HUGE.

No single person deserves it.

Incorrect.

The one with any sort of brans or business acumen deserves it when the others sign heir rights away.

We dance around it, and dance around it, because some of you just can't say the words out loud.

Here's the reality : Axl is in the advantageous position he is in due to the actiosn of the others.

Like it, don't like it...learn to love it. Learn to live with it.

Edited by D-GenerationX

He should give the GNR name n rights to Slash, can't wait a tour with Myles Kennedy and Fergie on vocals.................................................................... Maybe do some tracks with Cypress Hill? or the Black Eyed Peas? Hell.. even a Paulina Rubio collaboration will be HUGE.
Incorrect.The one with any sort of brans or business acumen deserves it when the others sign heir rights away.We dance around it, and dance around it, because some of you just can't say the words out loud.Here's the reality : Axl is in the advantageous position he is in due to the actiosn of the others.Like it, don't like it...learn to love it. Learn to live with it.

I could give a shit, I'm talking about deserving the name. Given he has done sweet fuck all except embarrass himself time and time again, it might as well have gone to Adler.

• Like 2

He should give the GNR name n rights to Slash, can't wait a tour with Myles Kennedy and Fergie on vocals.................................................................... Maybe do some tracks with Cypress Hill? or the Black Eyed Peas? Hell.. even a Paulina Rubio collaboration will be HUGE.
Incorrect.The one with any sort of brans or business acumen deserves it when the others sign heir rights away.We dance around it, and dance around it, because some of you just can't say the words out loud.Here's the reality : Axl is in the advantageous position he is in due to the actiosn of the others.Like it, don't like it...learn to love it. Learn to live with it.

I could give a shit, I'm talking about deserving the name. Given he has done sweet fuck all except embarrass himself time and time again, it might as well have gone to Adler.

Now THAT would have been Epic!

Yeah can I get a summary of what exactly he said in regards to new songs.

That all depends on our definition of "new song" Just because a particular song is unheard to us. It´s not new for them if they recorded that song years ago.

This is more or less what Dizzy said

Yeah can I get a summary of what exactly he said in regards to new songs.

That all depends on our definition of "new song" Just because a particular song is unheard to us. It´s not new for them if they recorded that song years ago.

This is more or less what Dizzy said

Why the secrecy though?

Why not just say "We're gonna test some new songs on this tour and see how they shape up live" or "We aren't going to play songs created by the band, but we will add a couple songs that haven't been played in a long time, including OMG and Locomotive for sure."

These aren't high importance military top secrets we're talking about. It's what rock n roll songs a band will play on tour.

You guys are foolish if you vested any hope in the band playing new songs this time around. Don't you guys know that this 'band' is incapable of going through even the most simplest of tasks? Almost every one of their plans falls through. From the Better video, to the bandmember Q&As on this forum. Expect nothing from this band and accept it for the laughing stock that it is. Things are more enjoyable this way.

• Like 1