Am I the only GNR fan who dislikes Welcome to the Jungle?

Appetite for Destruction is my favourite album, but there is one song I genuinely dislike on it.

Welcome to the Jungle.

The intro and breakdown are great, but they don't make up for the mess that is the rest of the song.

If I could sum up its problem in one sentence: Axl was more concerned about having fun when singing the song rather than focussing on whether the lyrics would actually flow well.

The out of place "shanananana" during the choruses and random moaning noises (that don't fit in like they did in Rocket Queen) are both things Axl probably wanted to do for fun, without realising they don't flow with the rest of the song.

For what it's worth, I love Axl's voice. But the lyrics stil need to flow.

Can someone please explain to me why people love this song so much?

I went ahead and merged this with the almost identical topic you made last week.

I've seen people dislike Sweet Child (though I never understood why) and even November rain, but I've never seen someone dislike Welcome to the Jungle. Am I the only one who thinks this is the only mediocre song on Appetite For Destruction?

It has an amazing delayed intro, but that's where the enjoyment ends for me. Mediocre verse and chorus riffs, boring solos and most noteably, lyrics feel unstructured and all over the place.

Anyone agree?

Yes you're the only one.

If you don't like Jungle, you don't get to talk about music as if you know anything.

Lol seriously? It's not fucking Mozart. It's 80s riffrock. Please...
LOL good one. I hope you are kidding. Jungle- the song that broke Guns (and gave your little current band something to do!). "80's riff rock". Dokay!

If you don't like Jungle, you don't get to talk about music as if you know anything.

Lol seriously? It's not fucking Mozart. It's 80s riffrock. Please...
LOL good one. I hope you are kidding. Jungle- the song that broke Guns (and gave your little current band something to do!). "80's riff rock". Dokay!

It is 80s riffrock whether you like it or not. "My little current" band. No clue what you're talking about.

GNR is not the standard to which musical knowledge is assessed. If you think it is, you're delusional. They're just a guitar rock band that had some videos on MTV. It's not Duke Ellington. It's not Beethoven. Wake up.