AXL, do you still give a fuck?

Hasn't given a fuck since the Use Your Illusions came out. Since then, we've had a cover albums come out and an album that took 20 years to make and only came out because it was forced out. He used to give a fuck about making a comeback to stick it to the other guys, but we're too far down the line now that he doesn't give a shit anymore. He hasn't thought about the fans in decades.

Hasn't given a fuck since the Use Your Illusions came out. Since then, we've had a cover albums come out and an album that took 20 years to make and only came out because it was forced out. He used to give a fuck about making a comeback to stick it to the other guys, but we're too far down the line now that he doesn't give a shit anymore. He hasn't thought about the fans in decades.

That's a little much.

In 2006 he was in good shape, good voice, and played new songs.

Even in the initial leg of the neverending tour after the album came out, they were playing a bunch of songs from the album, and he sounded decent.

2011 onwards though, you can't really make a compelling argument he gives too much of a shit.

That's a little much.

In 2006 he was in good shape, good voice, and played new songs.

Even in the initial leg of the neverending tour after the album came out, they were playing a bunch of songs from the album, and he sounded decent.

2011 onwards though, you can't really make a compelling argument he gives too much of a shit.

Ok, so in 2 out of the last 20 years he has cared. Thats pathetic. And in 2006, was he really doing it for the fans, or because he had to prove it to himself and the world that he wasn't a wimp? I think all of his plans are selfish. 2002 didn't work, he was the butt of jokes, and he came back to try and prove those people wrong. As a side note, it was also enjoyable for the fans. But I think he used to care about putting on a kick ass show for Guns N Roses fans, and since 1993 he's really only cared about proving the original band wrong and that he still has it, and thats in those very FEW cases like 2006 when he's truly trying.

He better give a fuck or else each band member is gonna quietly leave cause no new music is ever played!!

DJ, Dizzy, Pitman,Tommy Frank or Richard are going to get fed up and leave?

I really don't think so.

Ron might be a different kettle of fish, but the money and exposure he gets from GNR must be too tempting.

He better give a fuck or else each band member is gonna quietly leave cause no new music is ever played!!

Problem is that even though they all probably feel that way, they know they will never make as much money as they do now. I think they'd rather make money and not music than the other way around, or they would have left a LONG time ago.

AND now that Axl is getting older, they probably think it will end soon and they should just stick it out to the end. Better to stay on the ship till it docks than to actually have to say you quit, and then the band ends a year later.

Edited by classicguns4life

He cares about making money and maintaining his lavish lifestyle. He can always record music he enjoys making without ever releasing it. Axl acts like a king that is totally living in his own little world and it's own little helpers. It's adorable. The delusions are a part of the charm and what made Gn'R cool imo. But he forgot how to release albums a long time ago.

LOL

The question was for axl, but the hatred took the chance to take the room by storm.

Keep 'em comin' guys :lol:

Well considering the odds of Axl answering the question are about as good as zero...

(actually actions speak louder than words, so...)

Hard to tell, it will be much clearer in a week or two after the first few dates are done with... if he continues like he was last night my answer is No, if he starts to add some surprises in I say yes, but only slightly. If he truly cared about his career he would be in shape and working with a vocal coach to make his voice strong. His voice is weak because he does not practice, even when you're off tour and just at home singers do warm ups and warm downs so they don't lose their chops... just like any other musician you have to practice or you find yourself out of shape and sloppy.

As long as Axl keeps bringing in the $$$$$ to maintain his lavish lifestyle.......... He couldn't give 0 fucks, sad really, a once great front man who had the world as his oyster threw it all away and for what...... To live in his own little bubble surrounded by beggar's & hanger's on who tell him everything he wants to hear.

Of the original 5 he is literally the last one I could see of that group being content to tour appetite every night and churn out the hits with no interest in anything but cashing a check.

His career has been in the shitter since he hooked up with TB. Read into that what you will.

It's weird that Chidem had to be forced out. After 13 years I mean really when does something have to be ready for Axl! If after 13 years you're still not happy one just has to accept that it's not going to be perfect. Have previous memners and collegues of Axl mentioned that he would hold up release of albums when the original band was together or did he just develop this in last 20 years?