AXL, do you still give a fuck?

Sadly, he appears to have lost his creative drive.

At this point, I just wish my favorite rock singer of all time would release ONE more album in his career. How sad is it that I'm saying that about a guy who has release one album in the last 20 years. SOOOOOOOO much talented wasted.

At this point, I just wish my favorite rock singer of all time would release ONE more album in his career. How sad is it that I'm saying that about a guy who has release one album in the last 20 years. SOOOOOOOO much talented wasted.

That's what irks me. He supposedly has/had the next album pretty much done and dusted....But it never came out. Was it due to Ron's griping about writing a completely new album with him, Frank "Pisser" Ferrer and DJ? Did he feel obligated to develop DJ's "10 demos"? Did the fallout from Chinese Democracy's release completely destroy any desire for him to put out another album? We just don't know.

But "creative drive" lost or not, if he wanted to, he could theoretically put out the next album whenever he wants. But he won't. And that sucks.

Edited by sofine11

Of the original 5 he is literally the last one I could see of that group being content to tour appetite every night and churn out the hits with no interest in anything but cashing a check.

His career has been in the shitter since he hooked up with TB. Read into that what you will.

I think Chidem is on another level creatively from anything the original Gnr members have created. Slash, Duff's music since gnr split is pretty average. Axl's output is smaller than them but has more soul and heart in my opinion.

Now is the time for new music though and it's frustrating he can't release anything anymore.

Agree

• Like 1

I think Chidem is on another level creatively from anything the original Gnr members have created. Slash, Duff's music since gnr split is pretty average. Axl's output is smaller than them but has more soul and heart in my opinion.

Yeah? What level of creativity are we talking here? Having BBF tunelessly shred a million miles all over incredibly boring and uninspired Pitman synth beds?

Ya know, I wonder. Can we just admit that Chinese Democracy utterly failing commercially destroyed Axl Rose? I think yes.

Yup. Weight gain from '07 to '09 is evidence of that. I think the great '09-'10 gigs were driven by venom and anger at all the Azoff manipulations, and excitement to play the ChiDem songs live. Then the follow-up wasn't released mid-2010, and its been autopilot since.

• Like 1

Ya know, I wonder. Can we just admit that Chinese Democracy utterly failing commercially destroyed Axl Rose? I think yes.

Yup. Weight gain from '07 to '09 is evidence of that. I think the great '09-'10 gigs were driven by venom and anger at all the Azoff manipulations, and excitement to play the ChiDem songs live. Then the follow-up wasn't released mid-2010, and its been autopilot since.

It's bizarre. 2006-07 wasn't that long ago, and when I watch those performances now, damn, it's like watching an entirely different person from the guy we get in 2014. Again, very sad.

Yeah? What level of creativity are we talking here? Having BBF tunelessly shred a million miles all over incredibly boring and uninspired Pitman synth beds?

It's an interesting and profoundly personal album This review says it all.http://www.antimusic.com/reviews/11/Another_Look-_Guns_N_Roses_Chinese_Democracy.shtml#.UyyCxPl_uSo

Edited by Janis

He still thinks GNR are as popular as they were in 92. So the record company should be throwing money at him. The record company won't give him the money to promote it that he wants so he says no new songs

He still thinks GNR are as popular as they were in 92. So the record company should be throwing money at him. The record company won't give him the money to promote it that he wants so he says no new songs

Yeah, he's going to show them, huh?

I'm sure they are just devastated.

Really. I'm sure they're crying all the way to the bank with the other young artists they represent who actually give half a fuck.

Really. I'm sure they're crying all the way to the bank with the other young artists they represent who actually give half a fuck.

Record label if they read that:

Woody-Harrelson-Wiping-Tears-Money.gif

Also, Axl if he read this thread:

We joke, but there is a disturbing segment of our fanbase that pretty much believes the label has an entire department dedicated to keeping Axl down.

My guess? And I'm serious with this. Has Axl's name even been mentioned at label HQ in 4-5 years?

Record label if they read that:

Also, Axl if he read this thread:

:lol:

But seriously, with all of Axl's needless baggage and hangups about putting out music, this is absolutely the case.

We joke, but there is a disturbing segment of our fanbase that pretty much believes the label has an entire department dedicated to keeping Axl down.

My guess? And I'm serious with this. Has Axl's name even been mentioned at label HQ in 4-5 years?

After his bitch-ass disappearing act in late 2008? I'd be honestly shocked.

Label rejected his plans a few years ago, so goes the rumor. They probably just want nothing to do with him at this point.

I wonder how many albums he is still contracted to produce for release.

It's bizarre. 2006-07 wasn't that long ago, and when I watch those performances now, damn, it's like watching an entirely different person from the guy we get in 2014. Again, very sad.

Every time I listen to the Eddie Trunk radio interview, I'm baffled at how that guy and this guy could be the same person.

I think the whole experience with Chinese democracy, specifically the bull shit around it essentially being forced out, as well with the subsequent general shrug with which it was received (it almost would have been better if it sold 3 copies and was ripped the shreds critically, at least there would be motivation there) sort of made Axl not give a damn about releasing new music. What incentive is there for him really? If Axl has to go through a quarter of the bull shit he went through (granted a large portion was out upon himself) to release another album to a collective "eh," why the fuck would he bother? He can write and record an album of Elton john piano ballads and listen to them himself and that would like be more satisfying than releasing a new guns n roses album.

Edited by TeeJay410

I think the whole experience with Chinese democracy, specifically the bull shit around it essentially being forced out, as well with the subsequent general shrug with which it was received (it almost would have been better if it sold 3 copies and was ripped the shreds critically, at least there would be motivation there) sort of made Axl not give a damn about releasing new music. What incentive is there for him really? If Axl has to go through a quarter of the bull shit he went through (granted a large portion was out upon himself) to release another album to a collective "eh," why the fuck would he bother? He can write and record an album of Elton john piano ballads and listen to them himself and that would like be more satisfying than releasing a new guns n roses album.

Yup.

Posted this before, it's still relevant:

A : The main thing about the next record is this is our dream, to get these songs out there into the public. Then once we get out there we’ll fight for them with the business side and stuff. But at this point that’s not what’s important. What’s important is the recording of the songs. If the business comes down on us really hard in a weird way, then we’ll make our choices - do we wanna deal with this, or do we not wanna fuckin’ deal with it? The record will sell a certain amount of copies the minute it comes out anyway, and we could live off that for the rest of our lives and record our records on small independent labels, it doesn’t matter. I mean, that’s not in the plans, but...ultimately, it just doesn’t matter, you know? It’s all down to what we want to deal with. Do we wanna give everything that we feel we have inside of ourselves, to do the shows to our top potential? Yes, we do. But I don’t choreograph things. I don’t know when I’m gonna slam down on my knees or whatever. It’s like, you have to ask yourself, do I wanna give all that, and have someone fuckin’ spitting in my face? Does it mean that much to me? No! I dig the songs. If you don’t want ‘em, fine. But I don’t have to give them to you.

K : I know you’ve often threatened it, but if you wanted to, could you really leave all this behind - the band, your career in the music business - not just financially, but emotionally, artistically?

A : If I wanted to badly enough, sure. This is all right, in bits and pieces, but whether it’ll take up all the chapters in the book of my life, I don’t know. I would like to record for a long time....I have to make this album. Then it doesn’t matter. This album is the album I’ve always been waiting on. Our second album is the album I’ve been waiting on since before we got signed. We were planning out the second album before we started work on the first one! But as much as it means to me, if it bombs, if that happens, yeah, I’m sure I’ll be bummed business-wise and let down or whatever, but at the same time it doesn’t matter. It’s like, I got it out there. That’s the artistic thing taken care of. Then I could walk away...

K : What about the money - could you walk away from that?

A : I’d like to make the cash off the touring, and then I’d like to walk away knowing that I can support my kids, for whatever they want, for the rest of my life, you know?....and that I can still donate to charities. I’d like to have that security. I’ve never known any security in my whole life. The financial aspect is just to get that security. If I have that in the bank I can live off the interest and still have money to spend on whatever - including, top of the list, the welfare of my own immediate and future family.

Interview from April 1990.

Edited by Amir

Axl still gives a fuck..

About which oversized naked lady shirts and colored leather jackets make him look skinny, and what fedora's cover his hair (if it's thinning) and what sunglasses cover up the bored look in his eyes as he goes out there and does the same songs he's played going on years.

He does still care, just not about... new music, pleasing his 'actual' fans.

Yup.

Posted this before, it's still relevant:

A : The main thing about the next record is this is our dream, to get these songs out there into the public. Then once we get out there we’ll fight for them with the business side and stuff. But at this point that’s not what’s important. What’s important is the recording of the songs. If the business comes down on us really hard in a weird way, then we’ll make our choices - do we wanna deal with this, or do we not wanna fuckin’ deal with it? The record will sell a certain amount of copies the minute it comes out anyway, and we could live off that for the rest of our lives and record our records on small independent labels, it doesn’t matter. I mean, that’s not in the plans, but...ultimately, it just doesn’t matter, you know? It’s all down to what we want to deal with. Do we wanna give everything that we feel we have inside of ourselves, to do the shows to our top potential? Yes, we do. But I don’t choreograph things. I don’t know when I’m gonna slam down on my knees or whatever. It’s like, you have to ask yourself, do I wanna give all that, and have someone fuckin’ spitting in my face? Does it mean that much to me? No! I dig the songs. If you don’t want ‘em, fine. But I don’t have to give them to you.

K : I know you’ve often threatened it, but if you wanted to, could you really leave all this behind - the band, your career in the music business - not just financially, but emotionally, artistically?

A : If I wanted to badly enough, sure. This is all right, in bits and pieces, but whether it’ll take up all the chapters in the book of my life, I don’t know. I would like to record for a long time....I have to make this album. Then it doesn’t matter. This album is the album I’ve always been waiting on. Our second album is the album I’ve been waiting on since before we got signed. We were planning out the second album before we started work on the first one! But as much as it means to me, if it bombs, if that happens, yeah, I’m sure I’ll be bummed business-wise and let down or whatever, but at the same time it doesn’t matter. It’s like, I got it out there. That’s the artistic thing taken care of. Then I could walk away...

K : What about the money - could you walk away from that?

A : I’d like to make the cash off the touring, and then I’d like to walk away knowing that I can support my kids, for whatever they want, for the rest of my life, you know?....and that I can still donate to charities. I’d like to have that security. I’ve never known any security in my whole life. The financial aspect is just to get that security. If I have that in the bank I can live off the interest and still have money to spend on whatever - including, top of the list, the welfare of my own immediate and future family.

Interview from April 1990.

Looks that pretty much answered it. Chidem was created and he felt no need to do anymore and he likes to tour for the cash.