- BBF Solo (Abnormal)

Don't Cry

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

ENCORE:

Patience

The Seeker

Paradise City

Yes, that would be great but I also want to see this band get out of their comfy chair.

Not going to happen, not in SA anyway. Watching those videos, it's obvious Axl can do the bare minimum and the crowd will eat it up no matter what. Thankfully the rest of the band still performs as if every show counts.

• Like 1

Thanks HV

So GNR are scheduled for 8pm. I'm guessing they come on at 9:30 (later if the entire festival is running late). My prediction is no new songs and no new illusions tracks either. Hopefully they are saving the surprises for Vegas!

If as you said Axl takes the stage around 9:30 the show could be longer. It´s Saturday so maybe they play after midnight. So it is possible to have songs added to set list but no new songs.

I thought, on the videos posted, he sounded fine. It's not like he's singing out of key, failing to hit notes, or unable to sustain them. He just can't scream them like he used to.

Hopefully they play something new so I can listen to it for free on a message board. A response to Corey Taylor (if Axl is even aware of Corey Taylor's rant in front of 30 people) could be fun, too.

Thanks HV

So GNR are scheduled for 8pm. I'm guessing they come on at 9:30 (later if the entire festival is running late). My prediction is no new songs and no new illusions tracks either. Hopefully they are saving the surprises for Vegas!

If as you said Axl takes the stage around 9:30 the show could be longer. It´s Saturday so maybe they play after midnight. So it is possible to have songs added to set list but no new songs.

I think it'll be about 2.5 hrs long. Any longer and it's too long imo.

I thought, on the videos posted, he sounded fine. It's not like he's singing out of key, failing to hit notes, or unable to sustain them. He just can't scream them like he used to.

Hopefully they play something new so I can listen to it for free on a message board. A response to Corey Taylor (if Axl is even aware of Corey Taylor's rant in front of 30 people) could be fun, too.

That Corey Taylor speech is like years old

Thanks HV

Having seen a 3 and a half hour show, I say there's no such thing as too long :P

Thanks HV

Having seen a 3 and a half hour show, I say there's no such thing as too long :P
Yeah for the hardcores it's great but for regular people it's too long. Especially when the shows don't start at 9pm.
  • Like 1

What are the chances of a couple of new songs being played?

This is a festival, i'd expect the show to be no longer than 2 hours and 10 minutes. Most headlining bands in europe don't even play that long.

EDIT: I realised I didn't even answer your question :D - my point is with a limited set I doubt they will push the boundaries into new material, especially at a festival with non-gnr fans watching. Festivals at hits, hits, hits. Also, if they were they would have played them to the smaller audience (opening show) to prep for a larger audience (this show).

Edited by Axl_morris

What are the chances of a couple of new songs being played?

This is a festival, i'd expect the show to be no longer than 2 hours and 10 minutes. Most headlining bands in europe don't even play that long.

EDIT: I realised I didn't even answer your question :D - my point is with a limited set I doubt they will push the boundaries into new material, especially at a festival with non-gnr fans watching. Festivals at hits, hits, hits. Also, if they were they would have played them to the smaller audience (opening show) to prep for a larger audience (this show).

They did a full set at EXIT in 2012, then again they played a shorter set at Governor's Ball :shrugs:

They should have a Team Brazil appreciation night at one of these shows while in the motherland.

Every night is team brazil appreciation night over there.

I was thinking maybe they could have a Fernando or Beta bobblehead night. Sports teams do it all the time to spike attendance, no reason GNR couldn't give it a try.