GNR mention in Mia Tyler's book

Mia Tyler is Aerosmith's Steven Tyler's daughter.

She wrote in her book, Creating myself, that when she was about 9, Aerosmith played 3 dates in Boston, Mass (where they lived) and Tyler spent a lot of time with her. She was backstage a lot then and it happenes so that it was the 1988 tour, with GNR opening.

She said that she had her 1st kiss ever with Adler. Backstage. He was just kinda walking by, saw her, kissed her with the tongue and then kept walking on.

it happened on this day, so you get to see how young she was

http://s397.photobucket.com/user/LadyMamaKin/media/Mia%20Tyler/Family%20pics/l_3ddc1ef385834b0a3dc26e062f2c9dca.jpg.html

one more info is that Mia said that Axl dedicated SCOM to her.

this is what gnrontour has to say about it :

08.24.88 - Great Woods, Mansfield, MA
opening for: Aerosmith
set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Guitar Solo, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Axl tells the crowd they just got back from Donington and have been hanging out in Boston for the past 3 days. Axl introduces Steven as The biggest pot-head I've ever seen! The band jams on 'Ain't Goin' Down' after Slash's guitar solo.
ticket

08.25.88 - Great Woods, Mansfield, MA
set: You're Crazy, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Patience, Guitar Solo, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sweet Child O' Mine
audio/video recording?: audio
notes: Axl does a funny Wrestlemania impression.

08.26.88 - Great Woods, Mansfield, MA
audio/video recording?: no

So I guess it had to happen on the 26th.

Cool info

edit :

one more mention in the book -

when Mia Tyler had her 16th birthday (1994) Axl sent her 16 dozen red roses and a card which read "Happy Birthday, Love Axl Rose".

Edited by whatashame

one more mention in the book -

when Mia Tyler had her 16th birthday (1994) Axl sent her 16 dozen red roses and a card which read "Happy Birthday, Love Axl Rose".

never would have figured he acknowledged her existence that much.

Did you not get flowers from Axl on your 16th?

• Like 1